• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Tournament Generator

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
Seems they are not very popular. I wasn't aware of that. I will make an even number then, some with and some without the new rules. Would be good to do a poll and see what the wider audience think?

Sounds like a good idea

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Seems they are not very popular. I wasn't aware of that. I will make an even number then, some with and some without the new rules. Would be good to do a poll and see what the wider audience think?

The poll should just be who joins them and who doesn't!

No MC requirement to join all tourneys :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I like the new rules for some maps...like classic massive, Balkans and Europe massive...the others..not so much. :lollypop:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I like the new rules for some maps...like classic massive, Balkans and Europe massive...the others..not so much. :lollypop:

Too many extra troops on the big maps. 8 extra on CM is just too much.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
There are plenty of people who have personally thanked or congratulated me with the implementation of my 1st turn half deploy solution, they just don't bother mentioning it on the forum. So I doubt it's impopular; the ones who don't like it just really like to say "suck" and "shit" (cardinals and his teamie in this case) whenever the half deploy is mentioned, rather than making a proper argumentation.
Since the introduction of the new rule, have there been more or fewer tournaments with the new rule than without it?
Also, we need significant figures for the test run so thanks TO's for every half deploy tournament you made

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
There are plenty of people who have personally thanked or congratulated me with the implementation of my 1st turn half deploy solution, they just don't bother mentioning it on the forum. So I doubt it's impopular; the ones who don't like it just really like to say "suck" and "shit" (cardinals and his teamie in this case) whenever the half deploy is mentioned, rather than making a proper argumentation.
Since the introduction of the new rule, have there been more or fewer tournaments with the new rule than without it?
Also, we need significant figures for the test run so thanks TO's for every half deploy tournament you made

I've made my arguments against it; I'm not going to try to stop anyone else from playing with that setting if they want, I just want to not be required to, because I don't like it. All that Lots' posts about it asked was that TO's let people know when those settings are going to be used, albeit in a fairly blunt manner. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. You want to play with those settings? Be my guest, just don't expect everyone to.

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
just don't expect everyone to.
I don't expect anyone to join any tournaments they don't like, what a strange asmption
Obviously it's fair enough that if two players want the new fair play rule mentioned in the description, I never contradicted that

Just saying that a lot of people very much appreciate 1st turn half deploy, (most of them don't mention it on the forum); others don't care either way and only a few object; just by mentioning it every single time in every possible topic it seems there are more of you than there actually are.

you used this as an excuse to pat yourself on the back AGAIN.
just setting the record straight
I'm not patting myself on the back. Others do, I like the compliments. Compensates for the "shit, ass, suck"

Last edited:

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I made a whole bunch of 24 player crusade tournaments the other night, and the winning crusade team goes on to a 12 player assassin game on the same map with their former teamates. I was pretty drunk when I made all these and went wildly overboard. They're all already well beyond half full. 24 player tournaments fill pretty fast. It's far and away the best way to get crusade games with 100% participation. Come join!

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Too many extra troops on the big maps. 8 extra on CM is just too much.

I just played it once...but I see your point...perhaps 4 extra troops....perhaps that should be the maximum difference? this is getting to complicated...I like simple solutions. anyway, whatever solution is implemented....I agree, we should have a choice. :lollypop:

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I made a whole bunch of 24 player crusade tournaments the other night, and the winning crusade team goes on to a 12 player assassin game on the same map with their former teamates. I was pretty drunk when I made all these and went wildly overboard. They're all already well beyond half full. 24 player tournaments fill pretty fast. It's far and away the best way to get crusade games with 100% participation. Come join!

Thanks Tapeworm, I see you also like the woman of Haim. You have been a great member of the MC family for a very long time. Proud to call you friend.

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
thanks so much Tape! You know how appreciate you and your Tourneys mate!!! Those created recently came up to be fresh air, so thanks so much to propose fancy and tough ones (even you were drunk, lol). Joined'em already, will have much FUN!!! ;-)

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
P.S. I made more Lana Del Rey themed tournaments.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Thanx xsb!

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Goodness gracious, I feel like making even MORE tournaments. Let's have an intervention for me.Tell me to stop.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Yes Tape, please put tournament making on hold :)

There should be sufficient tourney selection at the moment! (I count 50 open at the moment)

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Yes Tape, please put tournament making on hold :)

There should be sufficient tourney selection at the moment! (I count 50 open at the moment)

Yeah but mine are all 16 or 24 player and over 75% full, each one, and about to start, despite being less than 5 days old, all of them.

AND MOST OF US ARE QUARANTINED. AAAAHHHHHHHH. Okay. Deep breaths. I can stop. I can stop.

(it IS a lot of tourney buy in points and the target participants are all the same people. Logic, logic, logic.)

I can stop.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Yeah but mine are all 16 or 24 player and over 75% full, each one, and about to start, despite being less than 5 days old, all of them.

AND MOST OF US ARE QUARANTINED. AAAAHHHHHHHH. Okay. Deep breaths. I can stop. I can stop.

(it IS a lot of tourney buy in points and the target participants are all the same people. Logic, logic, logic.)

I can stop.

Fifty is plenty :)

These Crusades if played properly will take a lot of devotion. Once they start they can help take up plenty of thought!

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos

I can stop.

Oh plz, keep going!!! Those crusades ones are those tough I love, multioptions and no direct way to the win!!! (although to be honest, I'm loving any kind oftourney you créate guys, thanks for it!!! :)

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Umm, I did this wrong. It's a 64 player right now. Round one SHOULD be eight player quads games with two teams. Total of two games, resulting in four winners from each, going on to the 8 player merc final. Can the powers that be please fix it?

Sorry.

https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2518/