• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Tournament Generator

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Hi Tournament Organizers,
Possible to have a Tournament FF 1v1 with the new rules? (half deploy)

Maybe medium-sized maps :D

Thanks,
Hortik

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I cant set new rules :s

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Thanks for looking into it Ndrm,

I believe you need to copy this -> <b>NEW RULES: HALF TROOPS FOR 1ST PLAYER</b> in every games note.

That's how it work for new games we create, but I dont know for tourney's, not allowed to do it :(

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
hi, I think that I have purpose this already, but acording to several players demand, please do not make a 2 players game, final; 100% for the winner; unless the concept is 960 points for exaple, or 480, since thats the tourney spirit, in other cases its not the most fair...

I do not agree with this. Can you please show which players made these demands and their posts? Tourneys are for the many and not the few. I am only aware of one, possibly two players that have requested this and I will remind people that they don't have to join any tourney that they don't like. There are always many tourneys available and a number of TOs making different flavours of tournaments to suit different preferences.

I would also advise that players should not make demands of TOs, they should state their request and rationale, if reasonable and sound I will vary how 'I' award points over a number of tournaments providing different options. Other TOs are open to award points how they ever wish.

Also, to my current knowledge, if you award points as 70/30 the 70 goes to winner of the final round and the 30 is divided by the winners of the previous round. This may be wrong and I will stand corrected if this is the case.

In summary, I am not changing the way I award points in tournaments just to suit the one or two players that desperately try and join every tournament to climb all the tourney leader boards. Players are free to join as many tourneys in attempt to try and win them as they are free to do so but imo, manipulating the points to assist players that struggle to win them all is not in the spirit of what tournaments and leaderboards are about. As a TO I am agnostic about the settings for my own personal gain and try to please the many, not the few.

Last edited:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
MERCS TOURNAMENT by Rank

I would like to play more Mercs games, but if you have a high rank, you tend to take a lot more shots from people. If the games were organized by rank (i.e. 2000-3300 points, 3300 and up) it would be more enticing to play, but maybe that is better done as individual games.

This is a fair but contentious point that I have seen discussed in many threads that has never reached a general consensus. To the point some threads have had comments stopped but because individuals have strong feelings about this topic on both sides of the argument. Here are some of my observations and opinions on the topic from a tourney perspective.

1. Some high ranking players avoid Mercs due to becoming an immediate target from some players who just want some quick points and not interested in winning the game.

2. Some low ranking players join every tourney in the hope to opposing a high ranking player, aside from tournaments they unlikely to ever be in this position. A lot of high ranking players avoid some tourneys due to this.

3. If private tournaments were to be created, a separation of class could likely begin, similar to high society organisations. I am not saying whether I agree or disagree with this but in the spirit of competition all players should be competing on an even field and have the opportunity to compete against everyone.

4. Some players play for greed, others for an interesting and exciting game - this dynamic affects the game play in game, many players know this and pick their games, in tournaments this is just part of it.

5. If a higher class/private tournaments were available there is a possibility that some high ranking players would never join standard tournaments thus not giving the low rank players the opportunity to 'in essence' win their points back.

My personal view is why not have a few 'one off' merc tournaments, as long as high ranking players continue to join standard tournaments.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Speaking of Splits, didn't realize that I would've been better off from a points perspective LOSING this tournament!
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2545/
Split was 10/90, meaning 2nd place earned 115 points, I earned 13.

Also, to my current knowledge, if you award points as 70/30 the 70 goes to winner of the final round and the 30 is divided by the winners of the previous round. This may be wrong and I will stand corrected if this is the case.

Split points are awarded as follows:
Tourney Winner / Non-winning Finalists / Losers of Semi-Finals / Losers of Quarter-Finals

Ex. 1a: 240 point total pot, 70/30 split
Winner of final: 168 points (70% of 240)
All other players in final split 72 points (30% of 240......3 players split = 24 points apiece)

Ex. 1b: 160 point total pot, 70/30 split
Winner of final: 112 points (70% of 112)
All other players in final split 48 points (30% of 160)

ex. 2: 240 point total pot, 45/35/20 split
Winner of final: 112 points (45% of 240)
All other players in final split 85 points (35% of 240.....5 players split = 16 points apiece)
All losers of semi-final split 48 points (20% of 240......6 players split = 8 points apiece)

Ex. 3: 1000 point total pot, 40/30/20/10 split
Winner of final: 500 points
All other players in final split 350 points
All losers of semi-final split 150 points
All losers of quarter-final split 100 points
(ex. 3a .... in this one there was no quarter, so those points vanished, but other rounds you can see the multiplier in effect)

Last edited:

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
Tourney Request for CM

Buy in: 15 points
Winner 90%, 2nd 10%

Tourney Name: Miss World 2020

Byline: A little short on looks? No problem. Win this tourney and the crown is yours.

36 players, 2 rounds.
R1: 6 games of 6p mercenary escalate, 3 reinforce anywhere.
R2: 6 winners in mercenary escalate, 3 reinforce anywhere.

Attachments

• 1086465-new.jpg
    1086465-new.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 63

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Mercenary usually block tournaments, don't they?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Mercenary usually block tournaments, don't they?

Only Team Mercs break down. See previous post (copied below).

As long as it's not a Team Mercenary game, the tourney will run smoothly. Here is a recent Merc final round that ended just fine:
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2293/

Tournaments need to be fixed at the end of each Team Mercenary round (final round cannot be team anyway). I am not sure I understand the point of Team Mercs, since the points for a kill are still distributed evenly to each team member.

Ex.
Tourney: https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2441/
Game: https://www.majorcommand.com/games/507178/
Kill Result: 04/15/20 00:41:57 AuraCraft Kill! Team has been awarded 23 points total (12 each)

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Virtuoso

Awesome Player
I don't agree with the sentiment of the theme and what it stands for considering the current European political climate. Another TO might be willing to make it but certainly not me.

I was PM'ed by a member here asking me what you are referring to in this post. I told him I didn't know. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us?

On a related note, I notice you have played the Barbarossa map and have even medaled on it. Can I point out that "Barbarossa", specifically the "Barbarossa" as named by the map, explicitly "stands for" and represents perhaps THE major wartime offensive by Nazi Germany in World War 2? Ironically, the overriding impetus for creating a European Union was to help prevent the continent from falling into yet another world war. There are other practical matters too, such as the improved market that is allowed to a large region that shares a common currency, etc.

Everyone has the right to their own values. I just think there is an opportunity here for you to clarify yours so that in the future, I (or anyone else) doesn't offend them with our tourney requests.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Thanks for creating the fivers tournaments, Peri!

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Thanks for creating the fivers tournaments, Peri!

Yes, thanks for those, Peri. Only thing I didn't understand was the points payout. Ten percent of points are awarded back to anyone who enters and loses in first round. Just an FYI, please see below recent post on how point breakdown is awarded.

I think you meant to award all finalists. Recommend asking Sheriff to amend the split to 60/40 if so (the engine will automatically split the points among the finalists).

Split points are awarded as follows:
Tourney Winner / Non-winning Finalists / Losers of Semi-Finals / Losers of Quarter-Finals

Ex. 1a: 240 point total pot, 70/30 split
Winner of final: 168 points (70% of 240)
All other players in final split 72 points (30% of 240......3 players split = 24 points apiece)

Ex. 1b: 160 point total pot, 70/30 split
Winner of final: 112 points (70% of 112)
All other players in final split 48 points (30% of 160)

ex. 2: 240 point total pot, 45/35/20 split
Winner of final: 112 points (45% of 240)
All other players in final split 85 points (35% of 240.....5 players split = 16 points apiece)
All losers of semi-final split 48 points (20% of 240......6 players split = 8 points apiece)

Ex. 3: 1000 point total pot, 40/30/20/10 split
Winner of final: 500 points
All other players in final split 350 points
All losers of semi-final split 150 points
All losers of quarter-final split 100 points
(ex. 3a .... in this one there was no quarter, so those points vanished, but other rounds you can see the multiplier in effect)

Last edited:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I was not offended, I just didn't agree with the sentiment and was not prepared to put my name to it. I do not have to clarify my global political values and nor do I wish to on this forum. I am very familiar with military history and which maps I play.

I was PM'ed by a member here asking me what you are referring to in this post. I told him I didn't know. Perhaps you'd like to enlighten us?

On a related note, I notice you have played the Barbarossa map and have even medaled on it. Can I point out that "Barbarossa", specifically the "Barbarossa" as named by the map, explicitly "stands for" and represents perhaps THE major wartime offensive by Nazi Germany in World War 2? Ironically, the overriding impetus for creating a European Union was to help prevent the continent from falling into yet another world war. There are other practical matters too, such as the improved market that is allowed to a large region that shares a common currency, etc.

Everyone has the right to their own values. I just think there is an opportunity here for you to clarify yours so that in the future, I (or anyone else) doesn't offend them with our tourney requests.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yes, thanks for those, Peri. Only thing I didn't understand was the points payout. Ten percent of points are awarded back to anyone who enters and loses in first round. Just an FYI, please see this recent post on how point breakdown is awarded.

I think you meant to award all finalists. Recommend asking Sheriff to amend the split to 60/40 if so (the engine will automatically split the points among the finalists).

oh...so that's how it works...ooops! I guess we can't fix that now can we? oh well...i'll know for next time.