• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Tournament Generator

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
JCUK has been gone for one and a half day - I hope it's nothing serious - and welcome him back when he can!

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
(copied from JCUK's profile)
I ask what tournaments people want continually. Yet people complain about me in the forums because of the tournaments I create! I really don't know why I bother or should even care.
There's no like button so I'll just copy Peri's text cheering for JCUK.
I think it's cool that JCUK created so many tourneys and such a variety including 1v1. I like them :) the more the merrier. :party::party:
If JCUK has a problem with harsh criticism (as I can imagine) he could refer those players to this forum topic, so JCUK doesn't have to deal with that shit himself, but his tournaments' fans can respond to the criticizm.

@Brian +1

Last edited:

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
I love almost all tournaments. JCUK puts in a lot of effort to make these for us to enjoy. Remember you can't please everyone. Give the guy credit.:top:

absolutelly love for JCUK, he keeps us going on :) but this don't stop me thinking that this Little are like lottery, I loved when he created big and numerous tourneys.

Maybe there's an option to créate a new cathegory: Minitournaments? I dunnoo if this could work

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
I love almost all tournaments. JCUK puts in a lot of effort to make these for us to enjoy. Remember you can't please everyone. Give the guy credit.:top:

+1 :)

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
It really pissed me off with people complaining about the tournaments and stating that I only fill the board to get a high number of tournaments. I couldn't really give a toss about having a high number of tournaments against my name, 500 was a milestone that I only just noticed, I don't track the board. I create them for the unselfish reason of trying to make the site better, the same reason others volunteer in admin roles. I work for a number of charities and also volunteer to coach and mentor young apprentices in IT that normally wouldn't have access to this kind of support, to be called selfish is the last thing I am.

If people don't like the tournaments then why not say during the many opportunities that I provide in the Tournament Talk tourneys et al. I respond to all of these suggestions.

The reason I create so many is to provide opportunity and variety...as per previous suggestions and feedback. If there are some of you don't like them, don't join them...it's simple. I don't join all the tourneys I create because I don't like the settings in some, but others have asked for them. It takes a lot of time and commitment to create enough tourneys to keep board active. So may TOs come and go because they realise the effort required and some don't even think about the tourneys they are creating but I don't criticise them because it is not my place to. They are putting the effort in!

For those that want to complain because they want to join 'every single tournament', how about thinking about the rest of the community here.

I am open to criticism when warranted, some of the tournaments are a little trial and error and experimentation to see what works, feedback on these is happily received and needed.

At least think about the criticism when criticising people that volunteer, they will stop volunteering if feeling abused.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
+1
glad to see you stand up for yourself and happy you're back. + Compliments on the RL volunteerwork

question; would you elaborate on how much time it takes, being a TO? I think most ppl underestimate it. (the whole process, including communiction and yoga to relax from the negativity^^)

Last edited:

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I also offer my gratitude to JCUK. You're amazing!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't like all the team tourneys, but that's my preference. I won't complain about them, just not join. I salute JCUK's dedication to making good tourneys.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I also offer my gratitude to JCUK. You're amazing!

I join 90% of tournaments. I like the variety and not knowing who your up against. JCUK, keep it up.

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
keep it up mate! As Cards said disliking some tourneys (in my case those 1vs1) it's a personal view, I dunno who's putting that much pressure or negativity but I hope you see we're much more who love your supernice dedication!!! :)))

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Last edited:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
some maps seem to be popular amongst TO's while some are.
I think I havent seen these much recently;
Philippines
Sea Of Japan
South America

no team games for phili and japan plz, noone knows the terts' names which makes communication harder :)

(currently 3 tournaments meso 2 player games,.. a little confusing^^)
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2451/
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2447/
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2442/

It's a fair point and something I always try to consider. We'll get some of these less used maps on the tourney board. Regarding the Meso comment, some tourneys fill a lot quicker than others suggesting people like them, often we create more of same. But...as you would expect, we do go through fads, mine at the minute is quads assassin and Barbarossa. This is why having a few TOs is good as it mixes it up a little.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
some maps seem to be popular amongst TO's while some are.
I think I havent seen these much recently;
Philippines
Sea Of Japan
South America

Sorted!

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
ty
*friendly reminder*
<b>NEW RULES: HALF TROOPS FOR 1ST PLAYER</b>

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I neither like the rule

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
+1000

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
For all TO's:
Since the tourneys don't seem to show it before the games start, can you PLEASE let people know if you're using the "New Shit Rule" (as it was put in this thread)?

https://www.majorcommand.com/forums/threads/9679-Suggestion-for-TO-s?p=100492#post100492

I have to agree, I wouldn't have joined that tourney had I known that rule was going to be in effect. I never want to play a game using that, EVER.

Of course, no problem. I won't label them NEW SHIT RULE though, just NEW RULES :laugh:

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Seems they are not very popular. I wasn't aware of that. I will make an even number then, some with and some without the new rules. Would be good to do a poll and see what the wider audience think?