• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Tournament Generator

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
JUK let me know a tourney cannot end on a doubles game. I don't hhave the power to edit tournaments, only create them. Can we have that last game changed to a six player singles on tournament 2309?

Crusades: 48 Combatants, 2 Winners
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2309/

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
jCuk let me know a tourney cannot end on a doubles game.
I was just gonna ask that in this topic^^
that's a pity.
I think it's fair that a 32 player tournament would have 2 winners, i.e. doubles finalists.
I enjoy putting a lot of effort into tournament teams games, but as you play a lot of the same setting (2 sides, whether 2 players or 2 teams) I notice my multiplayer insights suffer, so I lose my finals against teammates I helped achieve that very final

Last edited:

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
no problem - make a last round 1v1 of the two winners and split the tourney win 50-50 :)

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I prefer that to a multiplayer final to a teams tournament... but I've ended in such finals going 2nd against someone who would follow suggestions* at best (or not at all and make it into the final anyway) :s Not even a thank you for the effort in half the games I work out

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hi, I as many people love tourneys and attempt to win as much as possible, it has no sense if an operator, in his attempt to reach 500 started tourneys, forces indirectly too this players to join innumerable tourneys that no all have time to play

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Hi, I as many people love tourneys and attempt to win as much as possible, it has no sense if an operator, in his attempt to reach 500 started tourneys, forces indirectly too this players to join innumerable tourneys that no all have time to play

My opinion is that players should self-limit themselves so as not to be involved in too many games. Having a lot of tournaments at once with many options is great. Not sure why some feel compelled to join every single tournament, if they do not otherwise have the capacity to effectively manage the resultant game load.

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
1st turn half deploy / FF / balkans / 16 players / 2 player games ? :)
(escalite, 1 anywhere)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
I 100% agree, I loved those big players tourneys with dozens of players, not those tinny 8 (8!!!!!!!), 10, 12, 16 players toruneys, and 1vs1. Even with the new rules, big maps are imposible for 2nd. So what are we playing, tourneys or lottery?

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Firstly I was not chasing 500 tourneys, If you think i spent the time creating 200 tournys so i could say I had created 500, WTF. FU for even thinking that. If you want to win as many tournaments as possible then suck it up and join them all. As brain says, pick the tournaments you want to play like everyone else does. Tournaments are not all about you, there are a lot of players that message me directly and ask for more tournaments. That's why I create so many, to give people options. I'm insulted that you think I was chasing a number.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I think it's cool that JCUK created so many tourneys and such a variety including 1v1. I like them :) the more the merrier. Whatever you enjoy ...
:party::party:

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
... I loved those big players tourneys with dozens of players, not those tinny 8 (8!!!!!!!), 10, 12, 16 players toruneys...
OK, maybe 8 is small to be considered a "Tournament" :) But the bigger tournies with dozens of players take a long time to fill. To keep movement happening, smaller sized tournaments are crucial.

,.....1vs1. Even with the new rules, big maps are imposible for 2nd. So what are we playing, tourneys or lottery?

Let's see what the data says on this. I have played a lot with the new rules, as has Sebrim. In both of our experience, there has been an evening of the odds. When sitewide data comes in after a few months, we'll know more.

People should join either maps and settings they are comfortable with, or would like to challenge themselves on. Honestly, I have personally not been a big fan of border reinforce in 1v1. But I thought in these new Cold War tournaments I would challenge myself in an uncomfortable setting. After all, the other player has the same hinderance.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
FF 1v1 is a TERRIBLE setting. Even with the 1/2 deploy, the 2nd player has NO mathematical chance of winning, unless they get ridiculously lucky on the drop and can get commands that the 1st player can't get near to.

Watch that tourney. I'll bet dollars against donuts that 1st player wins almost every game. More so than a 'regular' setting 1v1 chance game.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
FF 1v1 is a TERRIBLE setting. Even with the 1/2 deploy, the 2nd player has NO mathematical chance of winning, unless they get ridiculously lucky on the drop and can get commands that the 1st player can't get near to.

Watch that tourney. I'll bet dollars against donuts that 1st player wins almost every game. More so than a 'regular' setting 1v1 chance game.

I like glazed chocolate, thank you :)
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/507086/

Kidding of course. Just one game. But the tourney probably a good opportunity to get more data. In looking at the list of non-tourney 1v1 games , win rate far lower than the 90% of yore. Didn't count, but looks closer to 60%.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Yup I totally agree with you cards....the only FF setting the 2nd person has a chance of winning is no reinf imo. But if players want to request that type of tourney ....sure, I'll created it. I'll have a glazed chocolate too! :lollypop:

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm

So the numbers I see so far are 35 first player wins, 23 second player. 60%

GAMES LISTING (only counted games where First Player Half Troops was in effect)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I think it's cool that JCUK created so many tourneys and such a variety including 1v1. I like them :) the more the merrier. Whatever you enjoy ...
:party::party:

I love almost all tournaments. JCUK puts in a lot of effort to make these for us to enjoy. Remember you can't please everyone. Give the guy credit.:top:

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Yup I totally agree with you cards....the only FF setting the 2nd person has a chance of winning is no reinf imo. But if players want to request that type of tourney ....sure, I'll created it. I'll have a glazed chocolate too! :lollypop:

Agreed