• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Official Points are back!

Official

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Points are back starting April 1 2024
(no joke!)

Please read about POINTS:
  • Any game that started on or before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT will not count towards your score.
  • Any game that started on or after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT will count towards your score.
  • If a game was created before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT, but ended after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT, then it will not count.

Definitions:
  • Game created: a game is considered created when a player creates a new game with new settings. The game will still be considered created as long as there is an empty slot available for a player to join.
  • Game started: a game is considered started immediately after the last player joins the last empty slot. The game is still considered started even if the first player has not loaded the map or even taken their first turn. As soon as there are no more empty slots, the game is considered "started".

Other notes:
  • Scoreboard - Is a work in progress and will be functional very shortly.
  • Profile Page - The scores on your profile page do not work, yet. There are no plans yet to fix that, but there might be so stay tuned.

Summary:
  • Point will be functional after April 1. Scoreboard may or not be functional at that time, but will be very soon. Points will still be accumulated after April 1 even if scoreboard does not work.
  • Points on your Profile page will not be updated yet.
  • If you want to play a game that does not count towards points, then make sure it starts before April 1st !
  • If you want to play a game that counts towards points, then it has to start after April 1st.

TL;DR - Any game starting after April 01 will count towards your points!

genghisknows

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Can I be certain that this is not going to be an April Fools' Joke?

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Good stuff - two cheers (though if much time goes by without the scoreboard and profile updating I expect the shine will wear off pretty quickly).

I'll try to put my shoulder to the wheel by starting/joining a few games come April.

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Points are back starting April 1 2024
(no joke!)

Please read about POINTS:
  • Any game that started on or before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT will not count towards your score.
  • Any game that started on or after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT will count towards your score.
  • If a game was created before March 31 2024 at 24:59:59 GMT, but ended after April 01 2024 at 00:00:00 GMT, then it will not count.

Definitions:
  • Game created: a game is considered created when a player creates a new game with new settings. The game will still be considered created as long as there is an empty slot available for a player to join.
  • Game started: a game is considered started immediately after the last player joins the last empty slot. The game is still considered started even if the first player has not loaded the map or even taken their first turn. As soon as there are no more empty slots, the game is considered "started".

Other notes:
  • Scoreboard - Is a work in progress and will be functional very shortly.
  • Profile Page - The scores on your profile page do not work, yet. There are no plans yet to fix that, but there might be so stay tuned.

Summary:
  • Point will be functional after April 1. Scoreboard may or not be functional at that time, but will be very soon. Points will still be accumulated after April 1 even if scoreboard does not work.
  • Points on your Profile page will not be updated yet.
  • If you want to play a game that does not count towards points, then make sure it starts before April 1st !
  • If you want to play a game that counts towards points, then it has to start after April 1st.

TL;DR - Any game starting after April 01 will count towards your points!
But it was communicated in this thread that definitely all points after Sept 15 will happen:
That all beta scores will count from 09/15/2023
They will be counted and effective like this, how was it communicated?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
@-LionHeart- I'm sure the plan was to implement points at the end of September but that didn't happen.....so people continued playing games that preferred not to be counted since it's been more than 6 months. This is a reasonable accommodation for the delayed implementation.

Sometimes things don't always go as planned. Better late than never.

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Thanks Peri for your clarification, but it was definitely what was communicated and what I expected, that all the points from that date onwards would be recounted, since I made an effort to win games and join many of them, but I think it was In vain, I think that playing without adding or subtracting points is something decadent and devoid of emotion and interest, since in addition turns are allowed to pass, games are abandoned, stupid things are done, absurd movements... and interest and commitment are lost, being something boring, frustrating and painful for the rest of the adversaries.
But anyway, if it's not going to be like that, I hope that this is the final one and I'm very happy that we're already moving forward with good expectations, commitment and seriousness,
Thanks for everything again.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The plan was to have points working again back in October, so I put out feelers to see what the players thought. Surprisingly to me, most players didn't care about points, and at the same time, the dev team I was working with fell apart, so I sort of dropped the idea of points until I put together a new team. I was kind of back to square one.

However, now that I have a solid dev leader, and I know he's just a couple weeks away from getting the points working, I'm making the official announcement that points are back (starting April 1)

Hopefully as a consolatory prize, I'll let you know those wins were not in vain. Even though you might not get points for those wins, you will get credit towards earning medals. All wins, regardless of when they happened, will count towards your medal count. So hopefully you'll feel that winning was worth the effort! :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Yes, that is a nice consolation prize! Good thinking!

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Really not trying to start another debate that's already gotten out of control in another thread, but...........

Can we clear some of the games out of the casual list so games that are created after this start date will be visible? Might just be my preference, but could barely find any games I'd be interested in joining as there's multiple games of similar format or the majority of them are very odd setups. A lot of 24 player games. Some of them on small maps. Again, it may be my preference of gameplay but It will take a little while and very specific people to fill these games to get to more recent, after the start date games.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The ability to delete games is something I need to look into. I cannot remember if we implemented that feature, or if it is something we still need to do. But it is something that we need to have control over for this very point you're making.

Meanwhile though, as far as I can tell, the newest games that are created appear at the top of the list, so they are the first to be seen. I think you may be thinking of the old site which had the newest games at the bottom (and on another page sometimes)

If you are concerned about points, it's for any game that "starts" after April 1, regardless of when they were created.

In other words, come April 1st, every game on the waiting list is for points.

But more to your point, yes, at some point we need to clear out old stagnant games.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
The ability to delete games is something I need to look into. I cannot remember if we implemented that feature, or if it is something we still need to do. But it is something that we need to have control over for this very point you're making.

Meanwhile though, as far as I can tell, the newest games that are created appear at the top of the list, so they are the first to be seen. I think you may be thinking of the old site which had the newest games at the bottom (and on another page sometimes)

If you are concerned about points, it's for any game that "starts" after April 1, regardless of when they were created.

But more to your point, yes, at some point we need to clear out old stagnant games.
one option for some of those old games is to fill them in with neutralplayers so the game can launch and get off the "join a game list".

I'd do it but I can only see the first page of the newer "join" games?!? How do I see the older games too?

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
@NewSheriffInTown ** And on the Wish List, once the points are re-activated .... Please add an option to create games where the end game points are "not recorded".

Having "No Points" has been a great bonus for coaching newbies and for experimenting with various game formats like the neutralplayers.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
@NewSheriffInTown ** And on the Wish List, once the points are re-activated .... Please add an option to create games where the end game points are "not recorded".

Having "No Points" has been a great bonus for coaching newbies and for experimenting with various game formats like the neutralplayers.
Yes it has, and trying new maps...I'm hoping for the no points option.

For my Wish List, I would like Password Protection ASAP and perhaps a "Surrender" button.

Just counted, it'll be 39 months of no points...

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Yes it has, and trying new maps...I'm hoping for the no points option.

For my Wish List, I would like Password Protection ASAP and perhaps a "Surrender" button.

Just counted, it'll be 39 months of no points...
Agreed Bilsi, << I'm hoping for the no points option. For my Wish List, I would like Password Protection ASAP and perhaps a "Surrender" button. >>

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
But it was communicated in this thread that definitely all points after Sept 15 will happen:
That all beta scores will count from 09/15/2023
They will be counted and effective like this, how was it communicated?
What time zone are we using?

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg

Ah, I may have just misread or misunderstood. Thanks for clarifying.