• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

EUROPE MASSIVE Feedback Thread

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Let's allow it to play out for a while and see if it's a problem.

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Nothing much to say except I like it. Especially how the command bonuses work. It ads a new twist to the game not seen on other maps.

Cant wait to see what strategies develop because of it.

OneEyed

Awesome Player
Personally, I would see having routes to both of the terts of a +1 command as a "mistake". I see no compelling reason to change it.

the Iceland is only command of two regions when only one region is need to secure. all others two regions commands need to secure both regions.
maybe you will think about this from different view if you know that originaly also Shepherd agreed with this...

OneEyed

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I love this map! I love that it's Super Massive with lots of regions and commands. Very cool. The colours are also way better now.

I wouldn't mind if the 3 barren lands became regions as well, more massive-er! And hey, it's not like Russia is really part of Europe, and Europeans have always traveled to those lands as well - so why not!

Actually that's not a bad idea. They could start off as 2 Neutral and have a 0 Bonus. And it would add some interesting connectivity, especially if it joined Iberia with Sicily.

Though I do like bottleneck commands better than I like open space maps. So forget that idea. ;-)

P.S. I still would have set Andorra and Switzerland (and probably Malta) to 2.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Just want to note that it's easy to change starting values as we go, since that won't impact games underway. Adding regions and changing connections will.

spgeo

Awesome Player
The official name for the country called "Macedonia" is actually "Former Yoguslavic Republic of Macedonia", or "FYROM". There is a dispute with Greece over the use of Macedonia, and their agreement was to officially use one of the other names. On a separate note, FYROM is also shorter to display.

Last edited:

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I believe that's the name they were admitted into the UN as, not what they call themselves. I suspect that people born there refer to themselves as Macedonians, not FYROMers. :)

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Is it just me or this map is loading a lot faster than our old Massive map? Mine is loading pretty fast while the other takes longer

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I'm loving the map so far, you've done a great job.

The only thing I don't like is that the intel tab doesn't show the capital bonuses. I know it's always been the way with auto-deploys but on this map it is quite inconvenient.

Maybe come the re-code the pointless "Last Bonus" column could be revamped to show how many auto deploys or "Bonus" troops are being earned.

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
The official name for the country called "Macedonia" is actually "Former Yoguslavic Republic of Macedonia", or "FYROM". There is a dispute with Greece over the use of Macedonia, and their agreement was to officially use one of the other names. On a separate note, FYROM is also shorter to display.

A greek minister was just forced to resign for referring to FYROM as Macedonia in live tv. He gotta be reading majcom forums :p :p

EDIT: sorry for the off-topic reply , just found it funny

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I'm loving the map so far, you've done a great job.

The only thing I don't like is that the intel tab doesn't show the capital bonuses. I know it's always been the way with auto-deploys but on this map it is quite inconvenient.

Maybe come the re-code the pointless "Last Bonus" column could be revamped to show how many auto deploys or "Bonus" troops are being earned.

You've got a point. In such a big map not being able to track the bonus makes the game intel very hard.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I agree, the site re-code should definitely include all of the bonuses one should expect. Right now it only indicates what your free deployments will be.

ericjkline

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
This is a great map, and one of my top 3 favorites! Great work on the Tex-Mex map, too. Pope Francis is a little peeved about Vatican City being dissed :p

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
This is a great map, and one of my top 3 favorites! Great work on the Tex-Mex map, too. Pope Francis is a little peeved about Vatican City being dissed :p

Oh yeah, there was talk about Vatican early on. I guess the West Coast pagans are trying to rewrite history. ;)

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Vatican isn't the smallest independent state not included. Monaco? Lichtenstein? San Marino? But it's the one I feel the least bad about excluding, because their army looks like this...

pope-francis-with-swiss-army.jpg

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I've seen that troop container somewhere.... perhaps South America?

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
the troops container of the Vatican is present in Massive Europe - strangely enough :)

spgeo

Awesome Player
I believe that's the name they were admitted into the UN as, not what they call themselves. I suspect that people born there refer to themselves as Macedonians, not FYROMers. :)

Greeks also call ourselves Ellines but are formally known as Greeks - and the country is also called differently (Hellas) inside the country, as is the case with other countries as well. I do not see the point in your argument :)

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Once again, I love the map and think it could use some more regions! The size is awesome, very interesting.

But, I wanted to mention a minor cosmetic thing that really bugs me, Sweden & Austria are so white that they look highlighted and very different from the rest. I think it calls undue attention to those commands, I have Austria in a game and it makes me uncomfortable, probably because I've used highlighter on everything throughout my career, so I always notice those 2 'highlighted' commands more than others.

The others are rich colours, so I think there's no reason not to have Sweden & Austria be normal shades, not white-ish. Iceland too, I guess, but to a lesser extent since it's so far away. Just my opinion.

Last edited: