• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

EUROPE MASSIVE Feedback Thread

mvpoker

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Play Testers
Sounds fun! Can't wait to check it out πŸš’πŸš•πŸš…πŸš€πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†

flyboi

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
hiya! I already said in the development thread of this map that i'm concerned with the sea routes. Now, here's my two cents (for aesthetics and realism - gameplay might be a different cup of tea altogether):

A) denmark definitely needs to be connected to gΓΆtaland, not stockholm
b) the sea routes from norway should leave vestlandet, not midt-norge
c) where's the faroes? As a stop-over on the way to iceland, f.x.
D) the sear outes from scotland need to leave the eastern shores (except the ireland one) - there's nothing in the west.
E) why does luxembourg connect to bretagne?
F) andorra and luxembourg could be a tad bigger.
G) albania was never part of yugoslavia, so it should either be a neutral or a command of its own.
H) what about a sea connection across the black sea from black sea region to crimea?

There are also some name changes i'd like to propose:

In germany, there are two-letter shorthands for each federal unit (like in the us):
A) northern germany = sh + ni (+ hb + hh)
b) western germany = nw + rp + sl
c) east germany = mv + be + bb + sn + st + th
d) south germany = bw + by

west ukraine should be galicia

montania should be muntenia

northern greece should be greek macedonia

viciebsk should be vitebsk

if you don't agree with any of these ideas, that's fine. I open the floor for discussions.

Ps. And, a real error: In the brief, the bonus for 'cyrpus' will be 'auo-deployed' to 'cyrpus'....

wow!

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Sebrim knows his history and geographically. Thanks for mentioning these suggestions.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
thanks both of you for your nice mentions. I'm just a 'Pan-European' with an interest in geography :p

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The one thing I've noticed, and I'm not sure the impact in the game as a whole, is that the Troop count gets really high really fast.

It seems the number of troops easily outpaces the value on the reserve cards on an escalate game. It seems that playing defensively can lead to a stalemate and I find the urge to recklessly attack just to lower the number of troops overall.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
While I have no control over the rate of escalation, one thing I can control is the flat rate amount. With so many troops, it might make sense for flat rate on this map to be ten or twelve.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
When is this map going to be released to the us? It's unfair to be advertised without letting us play :)

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.

thenoahw

Awesome Player
While I have no control over the rate of escalation, one thing I can control is the flat rate amount. With so many troops, it might make sense for flat rate on this map to be ten or twelve.

I think this would be much better

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
It is about 3pm Pacific time on Sunday. For those of you playtesting, be warned that I'm about to start re-uploading some of the images associated with this map so things are going to be weird. I'd suggest not taking turns for a couple of hours, if you can avoid it.

If you are on the clock and you have to take turns, clear your browser's cache and reload the map... and good luck.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
OK, I've done most of what I can on this map for today. The map is considerably changed visually, and it's 40 pixels smaller vertically to better allow folks to highlight players on the map.

Some things will still be funny for a couple of hours. There's a delay between when I upload files to the server and when I see them appear on maps. Until I can visually inspect the map I can't fix some of the issues around where the highlights and troop containers are, etc. It's playable, but quite funky. Clear your cache and hope for the best - or wait until morning to take your turns.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Most issues are fixed. I still have a bunch of changes to complete, but the basics are in place. On my end I think the map will be be site-worthy by next weekend.

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
First of all the map looks really great!

One small aesthetic suggestion: bold each command borders, it will really tie the map together!

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Hiya Shep! the map looks much less psychedelic, and the sea connections are nice. I only miss the name changes I proposed:

West Ukraine should be Galicia

Montania should be Muntenia

Northern Greece should be Greek Macedonia

Viciebsk should be Vitebsk

And, a real error: In the Brief, the bonus for 'Cyrpus' will be 'Auo-deployed' to 'Cyrpus'....

And what abuot Albania? Shall it remain part of theBalkans command, or should we move it out on its own? It's very anachronistic and historically impossible :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar

I disagree. One of the reasons people play flat rate is that it isn't a game changer, but tones the luck aspect a bit down. Classic Massive is an example, where flat rate really doesn't change a thing, and this should be the same.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
name changes are still to be done - as well as the brief map, new troop containers, etc. There's a lot left to do on my list.

pyth

Awesome Player
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
With respect to the renaming of some territories, being suggested repeatedly by Sebrim, i am not sure whether the sensitivity of such issues is realised.
Please allow me to disagree with the "Northern Greece should be Greek Macedonia" proposal.
Northern Greece is comprised of Macedonia, Thrace and Epirus which are counties such as Surrey, Kent, etc. in the UK; hence, referring only to the Greek Macedonia part is rather inaccurate. I could go furhter and argue that there is no nation called "Macedonia", since the formal adopted appellation has been "FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)" since 1992, but this is not the place for political disputes....

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
With respect to the renaming of some territories, being suggested repeatedly by Sebrim, i am not sure whether the sensitivity of such issues is realised.
Please allow me to disagree with the "Northern Greece should be Greek Macedonia" proposal.
Northern Greece is comprised of Macedonia, Thrace and Epirus which are counties such as Surrey, Kent, etc. in the UK; hence, referring only to the Greek Macedonia part is rather inaccurate. I could go furhter and argue that there is no nation called "Macedonia", since the formal adopted appellation has been "FYROM (Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)" since 1992, but this is not the place for political disputes....

Actually, Epirus is not part of the region of the map that's currently called Northern Greece. I agree that this is a very sensitive issue, however, and would be happy wiith changing 'Mac.' to 'FYROM' (if it fits in) and leave 'Nor. Greece' as it is :)