• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

EUROPE MASSIVE Feedback Thread

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Please post your feedback regarding bugs, bonuses, balance, regions not connecting properly, playability, etc. here!

CURRENTLY OPEN TO :

1) Play Tester Clan
2) Onyx Donors
3) Gold Donors

OPEN TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC ONCE TESTING HAS COMPLETED.

Thank you!

Last edited:

skribbz14

Awesome Player
Risky Business
How can we play this? I'm not seeing it available?

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
o far everything has worked for me , the only problem is the color of the names its very light and hard to see

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Can't wait.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
How can we play this? I'm not seeing it available?

It's not generally available. Select play-testers were invited to participate and offer feedback.

Stay tuned.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
o far everything has worked for me , the only problem is the color of the names its very light and hard to see
Yep, I've heard that. I've also heard that the map is too "bright." Since black lettering looks even worse on this map (trust me, it's bad), and there's really no room to make the names bigger, I'm going to trying turning down the intensity of the colors on the min map in the hopes that the region names pop out more.

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
thanks shepperd

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Wow, I can't wait to play it!

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Some comments for the maps aesthetics, at a first view:

- Borders are pretty hard to make out
- The colors seem too bright
- The colors seem all too different from each other. I would find a pattern (like the africa map) more eye-pleasing
- The mountains seem kind of out of place and bootstrapped in
- I suggest using white border in the capital stars which in addition with their black color will make them stand out more (or visa versa)

Aesthetics are pretty subjective tho, someone else might find these points moot

All being said, its fucking exciting to play on a massive map of europe... so much history in each command

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Hiya! I already said in the development thread of this map that I'm concerned with the sea routes. Now, here's my two cents (for aesthetics and realism - gameplay might be a different cup of tea altogether):

a) Denmark definitely needs to be connected to Götaland, not Stockholm
b) The Sea routes from Norway should leave Vestlandet, not Midt-Norge
c) Where's the Faroes? As a stop-over on the way to Iceland, f.x.
d) The sear outes from Scotland need to leave the Eastern Shores (except the Ireland one) - there's nothing in the West.
e) Why does Luxembourg connect to Bretagne?
f) Andorra and Luxembourg could be a tad bigger.
g) Albania was never part of Yugoslavia, so it should either be a neutral or a command of its own.
h) What about a sea connection across the Black Sea from Black Sea Region to Crimea?

There are also some name changes I'd like to propose:

In Germany, there are two-letter shorthands for each federal unit (like in the US):
a) Northern Germany = SH + NI (+ HB + HH)
b) Western Germany = NW + RP + SL
c) East Germany = MV + BE + BB + SN + ST + TH
d) South Germany = BW + BY

West Ukraine should be Galicia

Montania should be Muntenia

Northern Greece should be Greek Macedonia

Viciebsk should be Vitebsk

If you don't agree with any of these ideas, that's fine. I open the floor for discussions.

PS. And, a real error: In the Brief, the bonus for 'Cyrpus' will be 'Auo-deployed' to 'Cyrpus'....

Last edited:

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
thanks to smi and Sebrim for the detailed feedback. All will be taken into consideration.

palmono

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
I want to play

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/307659/

am i losing it or should i have a +2 bonus for sweden?

i think little big. quite often i hover over players names in the top ribbon above the map to highlight the territories they have. you cannot do this on this map as it is too big for the screen. all other maps are ok. i have a 17" laptop so shouldn't be an issue.

it is quite hard to play on from an aesthetics perspective. a bit too bright and the crazy diffs in physical size make it a little uncomfortable to play on - i know this is factually correct but it feels a little awkward - especially around the balkans area. it is too busy there yet space wasted in russia.

I love the idea of europe massive but this map doesn't quite do what classic massive does and the cold war europe is better for a europe map. On this basis I think it might need tweaking a little?

I think I am sounding very critical I do not mean to be as you guys put in some great maps and lots of time - i hope you take the comments constructively! Love you guys! xx

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Also - i am struggling to understand Kalingrad needed to get Russia?

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I agree the coloring is a bit bright, but I'll get used it - I'm not one who cares much about the aesthetics anyway. The gameplay looks like it should fantastic - I can't wait to try some 1v1s on there with limited to no reinforcements... it's a guess at this point, but the gameplay could be pretty deep like 12D 1-border.

TheGeneral, your bonus is going to be auto-deployed on Stockholm if you hang onto it.

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Oh, and the map should probably say Kalingrad is adjacent to Poland. I had to look it up on a (real) map and zoom out to find it.

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
I don't know if you spelled Transilvania as it's spelled in Romanian on purpose, but the correct English spelling would be Transylvania. Catalunia should be spelled Catalonia. I'd also agree with Sebrim on making Albania a separate command because it's the only region in the Balkans command that is not part of former Yugoslavia.

Btw I like what you did with Crimea and Cyprus.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Yes you will get the bonus on the next round. Remember that the bonus is Auto-Deployed, so it does not show up as troops on your "Troops Due" column on the Intel.

And this requires the budding European dictator to not rely on that shady director of intelligence since that intel tab is shoddy at best.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I think we'll be implementing some of the suggestion made here in the next day or two - moving where some of the sea routes touch land in Scandinavia, making some of the borders between regions easier to make out, corrections to spelling, etc. If you're in the middle of a game don't be surprised, and if anything looks funny I suggest you clear your cache and reload the game.

As for the "brightness" of the map, there are two things I'm going to work on. First, our existing maps embrace the earth tones and more muted colors, so this one stands out a bit too much. I'll be turning down the volume on the colors, which will help with the readability of borders and the region names.

Second, I wasn't thinking when I created the troop containers. Creating a palette of bold and bright containers on a boldly-colored map really lit the games up like a Christmas tree. I'll be turning down the intensity on the containers as well in the coming days, which I think will do wonders for the overall look of the map.

Again, I appreciate any and all feedback, both the positive and the constructive.