• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

EUROPE MASSIVE Feedback Thread

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
alright, Ireland is now a 2 neutral start. This change will not affect games already underway.

Sheperd, you should consider making Malta a 2 neutral too. Unlike Cypres, Malta can only be taken by Italy. In the tournament I control Italy, but don't feel driven to risk troops to take Malta to get the extra 1 bonus. I think Malta with 3 and not being anyone's passage, no one will be willing to take it.

I would say make that a 2 neutral, or not a neutral at all

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I strongly vote against Ireland as a neutral two - in that case, Malta would defintely also deserve to be a two, and I think there's no reason to change them from three. Or is Cards some kind of hidden boss here? me, the Sheriff and Dalinar voiced against the change, and only Cards and Tapeworm in favour.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I strongly vote against Ireland as a neutral two - in that case, Malta would defintely also deserve to be a two, and I think there's no reason to change them from three. Or is Cards some kind of hidden boss here? me, the Sheriff and Dalinar voiced against the change, and only Cards and Tapeworm in favour.

Hey Sebrim, I'm not sure about Ireland. I'm only giving my feedback on Malta based on my current playing experience in that region

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Personally I think Ireland is alright as a three, but I'm willing to try it out for a while and see what happens, as the change doesn't impact games that are already in play. It's easy to switch back if it seems to be a problem. We switched a bunch of the regions in the center of the map to neutral twos and it was a good thing.

The reason I would NOT advocate making Malta a two to start is that it is a one region command - once you take it you only have to defend that one region for an easy extra troop. Ireland has two defense points for the bonus so it's twice as difficult to hold.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
The reason I would NOT advocate making Malta a two to start is that it is a one region command - once you take it you only have to defend that one region for an easy extra troop. Ireland has two defense points for the bonus so it's twice as difficult to hold.

That's not really correct, though. Malta has two and Ireland has three access routes. On the other hand, once you have Britain, Ireland is safe with only two territories to defend, while Malta and Italy need three. So, it kind of balances out. Therefore, either both Ireland and Malta to two neutrals, or, my preference, both back to three neutrals.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
That's not really correct, though. Malta has two and Ireland has three access routes. On the other hand, once you have Britain, Ireland is safe with only two territories to defend, while Malta and Italy need three. So, it kind of balances out. Therefore, either both Ireland and Malta to two neutrals, or, my preference, both back to three neutrals.

What Sheperd implies here is that no one would take Malta unless one already has the command of Italy. Well, based on my humble experience I wouldn't

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Excellent map, well done to all involved

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar

smi

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
It's all about the expected returns: for a 3 troop capture you need to invest around 5-6 troops attacking to take it, so malta will pay back in 5-6 turns. But you always run the risk of double icing twice and making 0 progress this turn. As i see it its not super good to take malta atm unless you expect a slow game.

But for a 2 troop capture, i'd say if you happen to start in italy its 100% worth it to take it asap, since after the first fire it turn into 3v1 thus ensuring the takeover.

So i'd vote keeping malta at 3 neutr. troops since there is more strategy to taking it or not this way.

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
if you guys want to hash it out I'll bend to the will of the community. I think that regardless of the starting values of the single-region bonuses, their value will be entirely situational; in a 1v1 game I would never both with a +1 on a map this size, but in a 12 player game with flat rate reserves every troop matters.

The next map I have planned is an absolute beast, so the focus of my MajCom time will be elsewhere for a little while.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
give us a sneak peak!!!

I've seen the first draught, and can confirm it is completely epic... and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
+1

Shepherd

CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I don't know if it's epic, but it's a lot of work and won't be done soon.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Mix 12 Domains with Mexican American War, then multiply it by Massive squared.

[(12 Domains + Mexican American War) x Massive x Massive]

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
That's a fairly nice description, Sheriff.

But now you're just teasing people, lol.

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I'd like to be part in the testing teams this time if possible.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I love the medals, especially the ribbons. Pretty!

palmono

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
I really like the map, congrats for the amazing job.

Just one comment. I know there are auto-deployed, but it'd be better to have the command bonuses on the intel tab. With a map as big as this, it takes a lot of time to find out how much each is getting. Any chance to change it?

Best,

Palmono