• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - Old UI - (3 / 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I have three issues

a) what I mentioned above

b) the rule that the second player in a two-player game gets the same deploy as the first in the first round needs to be implemented (or, if it is, visually corrected in the 'dpeloyment due' column)

c) in the 1984-map, the Floating Fortress and the Rocket Bombs fill up, even though the command (Oceania or Eurasia) istn' actually held at the beginning of the turn due to auto-decay (one or more territories having only 1 troop). It remains to be tested whether reinforcement from Floating Fortresses and Rocket Bombs work, as they should not but do in the alpha-engine.

flyboi

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Game 38 has stopped responding for me. At first I was only having difficulty reinforcing. Then I couldn't even do that. Now, I can't do anything after refreshing or even play other games and returning to game 38. I can play other games, though.

https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/38/

bonnajavel

Awesome Player
Forgot that it doesn't work in Edge. Now I regret starting that game. Even if the rumour should be true that it will work in 2020, this is something I don't like, because Edge is the best browser I know and I have tried a bunch including those that people recommend besides Edge. Edge will not come to an end as far as I know, and I don't know exactly why you think that you don't have to make it work in Edge. Supposed to have something to do with googleization, but as I said, that doesn't mean that they will end Edge.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
One more thing: When you have started your turn, the timer on the games-page should show the time remaining to take your turn, not the time left of the 24 hours from the end of last player's turn :)

flyboi

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
It's been several days now. Timer has had all zeroes since my last post. The game does go away and it won't allow me to play.

DiorAranelEluchil

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
I try to join game 49, but I did not succeed. On button, I have message failed.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
I have an issue that needs fixing:

When you attack,you see your trrops on the left and the opponents troops on the right. If you win, the pop-up box stays roughly the same, except that it's now a reinforcement box. The troops left in the winning tert to the left, and the troops to transfer to the defeated tert on the right. I can live with that, but the problem is when it's not an attack, but a bombardment:
Phase 1: your troops on the left - opponent's troops on the right
Phase 2: your troops on the left - 1 neutral troop on the right
there is no visual difference between the two phases, so I never know whether I have defeated the opponent and am attacking a neutral troop, which I can do until eternity, btw..
In the old engine, this was solved by it not being possible to bombard neutral 1s and the attack pop-up automatically disappearing when there was only 1 neutral left.

I am additionally suggesting a visual clue as to whether the troops on the right hand side in the pop-up belong to you, to an opponent (which one?) or are neutrals. I have no exact idea how this should look, but I'm sure there are people better than me at design here :)

Ah, this is a good one. I'll discuss this with the Sheriff so that we can refine the approach to follow, and we'll schedule it for implementation.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
I have three issues

a) what I mentioned above

b) the rule that the second player in a two-player game gets the same deploy as the first in the first round needs to be implemented (or, if it is, visually corrected in the 'dpeloyment due' column)

c) in the 1984-map, the Floating Fortress and the Rocket Bombs fill up, even though the command (Oceania or Eurasia) istn' actually held at the beginning of the turn due to auto-decay (one or more territories having only 1 troop). It remains to be tested whether reinforcement from Floating Fortresses and Rocket Bombs work, as they should not but do in the alpha-engine.

b) That rule is implemented. I'll check the value that is displayed in the 'Deployment due' column.

c) Submitting to investigation

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Game 38 has stopped responding for me. At first I was only having difficulty reinforcing. Then I couldn't even do that. Now, I can't do anything after refreshing or even play other games and returning to game 38. I can play other games, though.

https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/38/

Are you using Edge? Do any errors show in the browser console?

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
I try to join game 49, but I did not succeed. On button, I have message failed.

If you open the game in the URL (by opening another game and changing the id in the url bar with 49), are you able to join the game there? If so, the issue is in the game listing, otherwise it's a different issue.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
One more thing: When you have started your turn, the timer on the games-page should show the time remaining to take your turn, not the time left of the 24 hours from the end of last player's turn :)

Confirmed. Thanks.

DiorAranelEluchil

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
If you open the game in the URL (by opening another game and changing the id in the url bar with 49), are you able to join the game there? If so, the issue is in the game listing, otherwise it's a different issue.

After few time pressing join i was succeed to join game. I did not try your option.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
+3 means deferred troops :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
reinforcements in advanced games do work, but I need to try several clicks before the engine responds correctly

PS: nope. one turn on, and it doesn't work at all...

Last edited:

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
this is a little hard to confirm, but it seems that if someone doesnt end their turn, their turn continues .. for (another) 24hrs? maybe just a one time glitch, but here https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/12/ sfor is currently shown reinforcing. he was last active ca 12hrs ago, the turn countdown for the next player (currently sfor) is listed at 10+ hrs, so that would somewhat fit. in order to get a timestamp (never know what time it is in mc universe vs here) i tried using the chat. that did not work either. not a huge deal, but if the turn doesnt end after 60mins it makes me wonder whether the 60mins per turn still exist? or is anytime good within the given 24hrs? or do we get 24hrs *after* we start the turn? but yes, maybe just a onetime glitch.

haWD96lz

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Spaceballs
This happened to me as well. I was having issues reinforcing and forgot to end...

this is a little hard to confirm, but it seems that if someone doesnt end their turn, their turn continues .. for (another) 24hrs? maybe just a one time glitch, but here https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/12/ sfor is currently shown reinforcing. he was last active ca 12hrs ago, the turn countdown for the next player (currently sfor) is listed at 10+ hrs, so that would somewhat fit. in order to get a timestamp (never know what time it is in mc universe vs here) i tried using the chat. that did not work either. not a huge deal, but if the turn doesnt end after 60mins it makes me wonder whether the 60mins per turn still exist? or is anytime good within the given 24hrs? or do we get 24hrs *after* we start the turn? but yes, maybe just a onetime glitch.

haWD96lz

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Spaceballs
Here is the game stuck in reinforce. Not sure what to do. Won't let me reinforce or end it. Also, better not to move it out of this state until you have a chance to see the bug.

https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/27/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.