• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - Old UI - (3 / 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I can't change colors in any browser

probably you haven't read this thread from the beginning. That was the very first thing I explained :) Click on the colour box next to the player name in the intel-tab!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
probably you haven't read this thread from the beginning. That was the very first thing I explained :) Click on the colour box next to the player name in the intel-tab!

thanks, I aren't ready to much forum post due some vision problems ;)

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
a minor thing, but in team games it would probably be useful to have the chat go out to the team by default - & not to everyone.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
The record says [object Object] instead of number of missed turns.

"15/03/19 16:24:22
fETve056BZ3URGs2uN1jyuVZA+wkniRp4Lq55Ayklj3KmxZ8XK1makoNJxVXqxn7vXb9BtMPG9jx+ivnAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Cardinalsrule
is Away Without Leave (AWOL) due to [object Object] consecutive missed turns"

Thanks for the report. A story was created into our issue tracker.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Now it allowed me to start another round. Attacking runs nice and quick. But reinforcement and ending the turn is impossible.
Does this problem still persist?

BallzDeep

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Forgive me if it's already been posted, I didn't have time to read through the thread. But this game is all sorts of screwed up: https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/21/

I'm not able to see any of the player colors and I wasn't able to change any of the colors in the intel tab. I'm assuming the little down arrow next to the player's name is where you are supposed to select a color?

None of the troop containers are displaying and when I tried to start my turn I wasn't able to deploy (I have no idea which terts are mine but I tried to click on all of the usual starting positions with no luck).

Looks like some of the other players were able to take their turns so it might be a browser related issue. I'm using Edge.

Edit: Other than the fact it's completely unplayable, the UI looks like a nice step in the right direction.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
From Previous Comments:

In Edge, I too see no troop containers or numbers.
In Firefox and Chrome it works.

CONFIRMED - Colors do not show in Edge.

Microsoft will be killing Edge engine in 2019 and using the Chrome engine instead. Which basically means that it will work in Edge at some point this year....

I'll check with Marcos to see what is needed to fix this issue.

And yes, the little is arrow next to the players name is where you change colors (in Chrome and Firefox) :)

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Forgive me if it's already been posted, I didn't have time to read through the thread. But this game is all sorts of screwed up: https://www.majorcommand.com/new_games/21/

I'm not able to see any of the player colors and I wasn't able to change any of the colors in the intel tab. I'm assuming the little down arrow next to the player's name is where you are supposed to select a color?

None of the troop containers are displaying and when I tried to start my turn I wasn't able to deploy (I have no idea which terts are mine but I tried to click on all of the usual starting positions with no luck).

Looks like some of the other players were able to take their turns so it might be a browser related issue. I'm using Edge.

Edit: Other than the fact it's completely unplayable, the UI looks like a nice step in the right direction.

Does the browser console show any errors?

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
loading times for Land Rush have risen to longer than a normal game in alpha....

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
It is still the same issue. Works fine attacking, but is stuck on reinforcement.

Ok, I'm creating an issue to investigate that on the testing environment.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
This is all that displays in the console
" SCRIPT5: SCRIPT5: Access is denied.
game.majorcommand.com (1,3038) "

Strange. Are you using any type of VPN? We've had trouble with that before. Since you're the one reporting such an issue, there may be something particular in your setup that's the cause.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yeah, it's a weird glitch. Once you hold too many terts it stops letting you reinforce. Seen it in several games.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I have an issue that needs fixing:

When you attack,you see your trrops on the left and the opponents troops on the right. If you win, the pop-up box stays roughly the same, except that it's now a reinforcement box. The troops left in the winning tert to the left, and the troops to transfer to the defeated tert on the right. I can live with that, but the problem is when it's not an attack, but a bombardment:
Phase 1: your troops on the left - opponent's troops on the right
Phase 2: your troops on the left - 1 neutral troop on the right
there is no visual difference between the two phases, so I never know whether I have defeated the opponent and am attacking a neutral troop, which I can do until eternity, btw..
In the old engine, this was solved by it not being possible to bombard neutral 1s and the attack pop-up automatically disappearing when there was only 1 neutral left.

I am additionally suggesting a visual clue as to whether the troops on the right hand side in the pop-up belong to you, to an opponent (which one?) or are neutrals. I have no exact idea how this should look, but I'm sure there are people better than me at design here :)

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
On Landrush some troop containers partly hide the bonus information on the map, and are more or less unsuable. But there is a big selection to choose between, and for instance squares work better than circles.

Last edited:

BallzDeep

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Strange. Are you using any type of VPN? We've had trouble with that before. Since you're the one reporting such an issue, there may be something particular in your setup that's the cause.

Not using any VPN or anything. Confirmed that everything worked fine in Chrome, just having the issue with edge.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Not using any VPN or anything. Confirmed that everything worked fine in Chrome, just having the issue with edge.

Ah, I missed the mention to Edge in the original post. Yes, we're having issues with Edge and looking into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.