• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - Old UI - (3 / 2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Works nicely and loads fast. Just miss those funny and charming comments while loading .... !

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
yes, the loading is quick, but I feel that the gameplay is not significantly less prone to hiccups. When I attack a territory and win, the territory goes first to 0 troops and it takes up to several seconds for the correct troop number to be displayed and I can continue my attack. Is that intended?

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
so...what's the only active box for?

also....i think i prefer still "Names" instead of "A" to toggle region names....i felt like the "A" is reserved for extra large font sizes for people needing bifocals or something like that....just my 2 cents. :)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
so...what's the only active box for?

In larger games, if you tick the box, it will hide the players that have been eliminated, and only show the players that are still alive.

also....i think i prefer still "Names" instead of "A" to toggle region names....i felt like the "A" is reserved for extra large font sizes for people needing bifocals or something like that....just my 2 cents. :)

Yeah, I agree with you. I'll pass it on to the designer..... ;-)

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
G'day there. Love the fact that you've got away from flash - I play on an old clunker of a PC and flash has been a real pain. Have just started my second beta game and it seems to be presenting me as a cadet. Happy to lull folks into a false sense of security when they come face to face with my overwhelming corporalness, but it does seem a little sneaky.
Cheers, Athelstan

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
G'day there. Love the fact that you've got away from flash - I play on an old clunker of a PC and flash has been a real pain. Have just started my second beta game and it seems to be presenting me as a cadet. Happy to lull folks into a false sense of security when they come face to face with my overwhelming corporalness, but it does seem a little sneaky.
Cheers, Athelstan

That's normal :) In Beta we're all cadets...

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
another thing i noticed is that when i play on chrome android, i can only expand (enlarge by separating the distance between two fingers) only on the text part and not the map part. Also, if I over expand such that the wood background is not showing, my image is stuck and i can't move around.....yes, i play off my phone a lot. ;) That doesn't happen in the old system when i'm on the puffin browser.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Game 30, Europe Massive. I find that the numbers in each colour box of the regions (indicating how many troops there are) are very difficult to see. I find them not very clear. Same goes for the whole map actually. The names of regions (just like the numbers) are somewhat blurred.

In the "record" tab I find the info as to how many troops have been moved (after an attack) to a new region is not necessary. The info given at the moment (deploy and reinforcement) is important. The troops moved from the attacking region to the conquered region is not necessary. How many troops are on that region at the end of the enemy's turn is important and one sees that on the map.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
i think what used to be on the wishlist at some point is an option to go back in time by turns - not solely by rounds. does this make sense? in the current engine, on my turn, i can see what the map looked like x number of rounds before - but i cannot see what happened on a turn to turn basis. in games with many players (=many turns in one round) this could be useful to follow what transpired. in the new engine i cannot figure out how to look at either past turns or rounds. this would be a nice feature to have.. any plans to implement this?

Last edited:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Cheers, Athelstan

That's normal :) In Beta we're all cadets...

Yeah, What Sebrim said....

In BETA your score is not affected. Nor is your rank. The games are all test games so you don't need to worry about winning or losing.

another thing i noticed is that when i play on chrome android, i can only expand (enlarge by separating the distance between two fingers) only on the text part and not the map part. Also, if I over expand such that the wood background is not showing, my image is stuck and i can't move around.....yes, i play off my phone a lot. ;) That doesn't happen in the old system when i'm on the puffin browser.

Yes. It's a known issue. I'm not sure what the fix is, because you can either touch the map to choose a region, or touch the map to make it scroll, but not both. We are going to look in to solutions at a later date.

Game 30, Europe Massive. I find that the numbers in each colour box of the regions (indicating how many troops there are) are very difficult to see. I find them not very clear. Same goes for the whole map actually. The names of regions (just like the numbers) are somewhat blurred.

In the "record" tab I find the info as to how many troops have been moved (after an attack) to a new region is not necessary. The info given at the moment (deploy and reinforcement) is important. The troops moved from the attacking region to the conquered region is not necessary. How many troops are on that region at the end of the enemy's turn is important and one sees that on the map.

1) We will look in to the Europe Massive map. Thanks.

2) Generally, more info is better than less. In this case, someone may move in 10 troops after winning an attack, and then use 6 of those troops to further attack another region (without winning) leaving 4 troops on the map. This way you know (or can figure out) what happened.

i think what used to be on the wishlist at some point is an option to go back in time by turns - not solely by rounds. does this make sense? in the current engine, on my turn, i can see what the map looked like x number of rounds before - but i cannot see what happened on a turn to turn basis. in games with many players (=many turns in one round) this could be useful to follow what transpired. in the new engine i cannot figure out how to look at either past turns or rounds. this would be a nice feature to have.. any plans to implement this?

Yes, we will have the ability to go back through rounds like the previous engine.

We will also have the ability to undo some moves. Namely, you can "undo" or "go back" if:

1) Go back is you accidentally skipped cashing in a set of cards (assuming you haven't deployed yet)
2) Undo a deployment (if you haven't attacked yet)

And some other times I can think of right now.....

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Yes, we will have the ability to go back through rounds like the previous engine.

We will also have the ability to undo some moves. Namely, you can "undo" or "go back" if:

1) Go back is you accidentally skipped cashing in a set of cards (assuming you haven't deployed yet)
2) Undo a deployment (if you haven't attacked yet)

And some other times I can think of right now.....

so no ability to look at previous developments on a turn basis? thats ok though. the undo option sounds great. i also really like the new chat abilities.. everything looks really good i think.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Periwinkle: it still works with beta games on the puffin browser, -i found. Then you can scroll around even when you're on the map. But somehow, the toggle territory names won't work in Puffin ...

Hodja

Awesome Player
I like how you can hold your cursor on the tert name in record and it shows on the map, same with reserves.
There is still info missing from record, on twelve domain and landrush it doesn't show auto deploys.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer

Thanks for your report. That is indeed an issue that has been identified and is being worked on.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
The record says [object Object] instead of number of missed turns.

"15/03/19 16:24:22
fETve056BZ3URGs2uN1jyuVZA+wkniRp4Lq55Ayklj3KmxZ8XK1makoNJxVXqxn7vXb9BtMPG9jx+ivnAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Cardinalsrule
is Away Without Leave (AWOL) due to [object Object] consecutive missed turns"

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Which browser do I need to make Beta run on IPad? Have tried Puffin and Safari. (On Ipad2 running OS9.3.5.)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Periwinkle: it still works with beta games on the puffin browser, -i found. Then you can scroll around even when you're on the map. But somehow, the toggle territory names won't work in Puffin ...

The beta doesn’t work on puffin android...I have to switch browsers between the old engine and the beta on my phone.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I can't change colors in any browser