• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add A Resign Button

Would you like to see a resign feature added to Majorcommand?

• Total voters

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
That's a little bit black and white. What if someone is going on vacation or something else that would interfere with going online every day? I think an option to go instant AWOL would be good for something like that.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
if you're going on vacation, you probably shouldn't join games, or at least announce to the players what is happening when you leave. Lots different than people who just bail because they're losing. But your point is a good one, an 'instant awol' might not be bad, saves the players from having to wait.

dono0070

Awesome Player
I think this is a great idea, but one MAJOR flaw.. I do not think the cards should be surrendered. If someone knows they are going to be taken out and there are still 2-3 players, it is their turn but only have a couple of troops... they surrender, a huge loss to whoever has been working their way to taking them out. I could see this happening in many cases, and would be extremely frustrating. Voluntary AWOL would be much better, or the option to surrender only when down to two opponents.

johnjdc

Awesome Player
if you're going on vacation, you probably shouldn't join games, or at least announce to the players what is happening when you leave. Lots different than people who just bail because they're losing. But your point is a good one, an 'instant awol' might not be bad, saves the players from having to wait.

Well, yes but we might not all plan vacations that far in advance for, say, casual games. I am still plodding through a 12-domains game that started on 31st January - though am the only player who has missed no turns, because MC works - just about, kinda - on my phone.

SimonDeDanser

Awesome Player
bump
+1 voluntary AWOL button

Being a IT-noob itmight not be true or significant; but it might even lighten the load a little on the server, as there are less active games going on.

Of-course for hardcore player there is never a good reason to leave, but say your kid has lost its way in the woods and calls upon you to come and pick him or her up while your in a RT-game. Or: Your kitchen is on fire, and you are the kind of person that chooses to search for that fire-extinguisher, instead of finishing your game first... or: Your neighbor of your preferred sex is standing in front of your door and makes you an offer you can't refuse.......(...do add your own honorable reasons for surrendering ...)

another problem might be that you can farm points from additional accounts. This could be solved by making the 'voluntary AWOL'-option only open for players with a certain amount of games played.

pyatpyat

Awesome Player
The Borg
Concede/Surrender options in one on one games?

New in posting to this forum and hopefully this isn't a repeat of an old post(s), but: any thought to a concede/surrender button, at least for one on one games? I was just talking about it with another player in a game where the chips just clearly fell in one direction -- after a valiant effort by the unlucky side it became clear what the outcome of the game would be. Our thought was: wouldn't it save the server a lot of trouble (bandwidth) and the players a lot of time to have a concede/surrender option?

Just a thought
P

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
First, welcome to the forum pyatpyat,

The concede/surrender button has been suggested many times (I think I suggested it as my first post on the forum too lol) and the general consensus seems to be a guarded "yes", although there would be some problems when you get into multi-player games. Any implementation would have to wait until after the site has been rebuilt... and de-bugged... and who knows what else

pyatpyat

Awesome Player
The Borg
Thanks for the response, Cagey. I guess my thought was that it would only be implemented in one on one games. Just out of curiosity, are there plans to completely rebuild the site?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
yes, there are plans underway to completely rebuild/recode using HTML5. That should take care of the bugs and lag times. Not a firm time line, but we're hopeful.

anon4m05

Awesome Player
AWOL Function.

Soooo, I think a great idea would be to enable an AWOL function. Maybe I'm in the middle of a game, and I have to leave. Doing so would make the others players wait a considerable amount of time. If I had the option to Click AWOL, the game would just skip over my turn.

sundicekid

Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Good idea, but instead, I'd like to suggest that if you know you'll be AWOL - a forfeit button (& pop-up confirmation "are you sure you want to forfeit?").

And on actual AWOL cases: if a person is gone 2 turns they should be out, permanently, and turned to neutral.

jke1975

Awesome Player
I would like a resign button. i hate waiting for slow players to end a game when you can not win and yes there are those time when a comeback might be possible but there is also those times when there is no chance what so ever especially in a 1 vs 1 game and they are getting 20 or 30 troops to your 3 and you have no cards or the card cash in is a flat rate

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Surrender button is on the list.

IMO the benefits outweigh the potential of abuse. People can find a way to cheat regardless of what features are implements. Surrender or resign definitely deserves a chance. Look for it on the relaunch.

Maldoon

Awesome Player
There should be a go AWOL button

So many of my games particularly 1v1 with 5 minute turns the opposing player will join. play a couple of turns and then get the shits and leave. I am left sitting for 3,4, and 5 turns of 5 minutes a piece waiting for them to automatically go awol. it would reallly be useful for this to be implemented as most I feel would use this feature rather than keeping their opponent waiting around all day.

Please advise

Maldoon:party:

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
This is something that has been proposed so many times (not only for real time) and I still support it. I'm sure this is not too difficult to implement.

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Why have a Go AWOL button? It defeats the whole purpose of the game. If you really, really, really want to stop, there should be a Surrender button, with a few catches to stop casual use.
1. You lose twice the points
2. There's a ton of "are you sure you want to surrender?" questions
3. A "Bravery" rating that goes up or down depending on if you surrender or not.

Maldoon

Awesome Player
because in multiplayer games (4 or more players etc) who would you be surrendering to? whereas an AWOL option effectively just means that player is there to be defeated as the game goes on. Its mainly to stop us having to wait all the extra full timed turns until the system realises and puts them into awol

carhui

Awesome Player
Yeah i'm all for a surrender button too. Used if you know you cant win and dont want to drag it on, or suddenly have to leave.
Some people leave, some fight on against better knowledge, some suicide... Surrendering would be great it stop us from waiting.
No penalty's cause then no-one will use it. The honorable says enough i think.

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The surrender button should just turn all your regions neutral, if it does get implemented.

carhui

Awesome Player
No that effects the game too much, i think (cards, reserves) Just so we dont have to wait until one goes Awol.