• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add A Resign Button

Would you like to see a resign feature added to Majorcommand?

• Total voters

DeadGirl

Awesome Player
This was the first suggestion that came to my mind when I started playing games here and figuring out how everything worked. Sometimes there comes a time when there are two people left, and it's clear who's going to win, but it'll take them another twenty minutes or so to hunt down every last one of your armies. In table-top risk I surrender in that kind of situation, and it'd be nice to have that kind of option here, instead of being forced to suffer through it.

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
+2

linkinpark

Awesome Player
Generals
The Embassy
Other people have already come up with this idea and I still think that would be very helpful. Alternatively it could be called a "voluntary awol" option - just click and your awol. no damage to anyone.

AzariahBANNED

Awesome Player
(Posted this yesterday in the MajCom Forum, didn't see this was probably the better place)

My suggestion is to allow a Surrender option... or at the very least a voluntary AWOL. I personally like surrender best and I would implement it as follows:

add a button to the active game page "Surrender" which can only be activated during a players turn.
When pressed, it would require a confirmation so you don't accidentally surrender.
Then all surrendering persons territories would be turned to neutral and that player would be eliminated from the game.
The surrendering players cards would be eliminated from the game.

This could be set up as a game option "Surrender Option" or simply the way the game works. (This would significantly enhance the 1v1 experience on this site) I recognize that there would be strategic implications from this but it gives players a way to leave a game in an emergency without causing all the other players to wait for the timer and it also gives players the option to speed up end game when the conclusion if foregone. [ Twelve Domains comes to mind here ]

I've seen other posts on the voluntary AWOL so I don't need to say more about that other than I would love to see it put in place if a surrender option is not added.

Trigsu

Awesome Player
Add Surrender and AWOL and the cake is ready for oven. Although surrender would only make sense in 1on1 situation.

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
(Posted this yesterday in the MajCom Forum, didn't see this was probably the better place)

My suggestion is to allow a Surrender option... or at the very least a voluntary AWOL. I personally like surrender best and I would implement it as follows:

add a button to the active game page "Surrender" which can only be activated during a players turn.
When pressed, it would require a confirmation so you don't accidentally surrender.
Then all surrendering persons territories would be turned to neutral and that player would be eliminated from the game.
The surrendering players cards would be eliminated from the game.

This could be set up as a game option "Surrender Option" or simply the way the game works. (This would significantly enhance the 1v1 experience on this site) I recognize that there would be strategic implications from this but it gives players a way to leave a game in an emergency without causing all the other players to wait for the timer and it also gives players the option to speed up end game when the conclusion if foregone. [ Twelve Domains comes to mind here ]

I've seen other posts on the voluntary AWOL so I don't need to say more about that other than I would love to see it put in place if a surrender option is not added.

This is a pretty good implementation.

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
This is a pretty good implementation.

I disagree. Consider: part of your strategy has been to target another player, whittling them down with a view to taking their cards. Just as you're about to deliver the coup de grace they hit the surrender option and all your efforts and the units you've expended on them are gone for nothing.

Better: an instant AWOL button.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I disagree. Consider: part of your strategy has been to target another player, whittling them down with a view to taking their cards. Just as you're about to deliver the coup de grace they hit the surrender option and all your efforts and the units you've expended on them are gone for nothing.

Better: an instant AWOL button.

Smart thinking. Instrant awol is much better.

AzariahBANNED

Awesome Player
I'd be very happy with and Instant AWOL button. Sounds like it would be much easier to implement as well... i.e. it could happen sooner =)

Excellent insight on the loss of the cards by Cagey by the way. I would say though that is exactly what I like about the surrender option... There are going to be strategic implications in any game with more than 2 players and there is no way you can have one player leave a 3 or more person game without tipping it to someones advantage. But since you can't stop someone from leaving, you can reduce the impact of them leaving if you take out their cards and return all their territories to neutral.

But like I said at the start of this post... I'd be perfectly happy with an instant AWOL. Of course I'm perfectly happy with the game just the way it is so that isn't saying too much!

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
The only problem I could see with instant AWOL is the potential for someone returning to base after their AWOL. I think it should be a actual surrender, where the person is forfeiting the game, but allowing their regions and cards to remain. Maybe, after they surrender, their units are converted to a "new" team i.e. "Neutral-2", a team that can't attack, but still holds the cards and points (given up by the surrendered player). If they didn't remain on the map, it would mess up points in Mercenary.

Just my 2 cents.

hanible

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
you could include the option of having the player surrender and instead of removing their players and cards the peices simply act like a neutral player and do nothing but are still aquireable [I disagree. Consider: part of your strategy has been to target another player, whittling them down with a view to taking their cards. Just as you're about to deliver the coup de grace they hit the surrender option and all your efforts and the units you've expended on them are gone for nothing.]

empirejeff

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Keep all cards and troops.

santech14

Awesome Player
Voluntary Awol or Surrender Option. As long as there is a way to remove yourself from the game for the remaining players' convenience, I fully support either one. All the other ideas on this forum are pretty good, though...

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I oppose the idea of a surrender option in any game where there are more than 2 active players, it has the possibility of skewing the game in one person's favor too often. In a game that's down to 2, its a good option.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I oppose the idea of a surrender option in any game where there are more than 2 active players, it has the possibility of skewing the game in one person's favor too often. In a game that's down to 2, its a good option.
+1

suranepapi

Awesome Player
There are always ways to skew the game in one of your opponents' favor, whether you leave or not; you can just go kamikaze on a player and make him lose that way if you wanted too. Also, surrendering and leaving your cards and territories intact on the board for others to take won't be any different game-wise than if you just stopped taking your turns, which is what people do now. All surrendering (or going awol) does is eliminate the time that other players have to wait for your turn to finish if you have to leave the game.

LordElveron

Awesome Player
Yes, just setting your own game mode to AWOL so the game automattically skips your turns. The others will still be able to hunt you down and take your cards. The only changing with just leaving is that they won't have to wait 3-5 turns anymore untill the game changes your status to AWOL automatically.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Don't care, don't care. I'm against the idea of a surrender option in any game with more than 2 players. Just act like a grown man (or woman) and play your turns even if you're losing. Don't be a baby who quits as soon as you're not winning. Anyone who does that in a game I'm playing automatically gets marked dishonorable and I make a note to never join a game with that loser again.