• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add A Resign Button

Would you like to see a resign feature added to Majorcommand?

• Total voters

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't mean going AWOL. I mean actively Quitting a game by clicking the yet to be installed "SURRENDER" button.

If a player is losing a 2 player games, he can Surrender and the remaining player is the winner.

But maybe a player wants to quit a 4 player game, so if he Surrenders, then what? Treat him as an AWOL that can not come back?
Yes, a very different question then. First, if a player wants to surrender then yes that shud be final...no coming back. As u say, 1v1 is straightforward. As for multiple singles games, I do believe that the player's troops shud remain in the game if but for one reason....Assassin setting. So, quick answer would be yes treat as awol that cannot return. I suppose the same reasoning would apply to team games assassin setting too (obviously tournies only). One last question to ur question...... what about just limiting the surrender button to 1v1 games? Or perhaps requiring a MAJORITY (covers 1v1 and up) of the other players in the game to "ok" the surrender? just random thoughts there. tks for chance to input and keep up the great work.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Good point with assassin games, hadn't thought about those....

Yes, limiting it to 1v1 games is an option. And should be easy enough to do too.... It's might be the best idea to start with.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
Now another question....

If a player Quits a game, and the game is more then a 2 player game, for example a 4 player game, then what should happen to the quitting player's cards and troops?

Nothing. While dishonorable imho in a 3 person game to take advantage, in more than a 3 person game it should be first in first serve. That player going AWOL/quitting could end a stalemate.

Geoffrey

Awesome Player
Generals
But then I don't agree with a surrender button in the first place. AWOL may cause some waiting, but I would never use a surrender button.

haWD96lz

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Spaceballs
The problem with their cards going away is that if I'm going to kill them next turn and use those cards to win then them going away and back to neutral could cost me a game due to a bad sport.

I'd prefer it being an option only in 1v1 or team games with two teams. In multi-player it could be an immediate AWOL button.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I think I've decided (assuming Marcos says it can be done) That the Surrender button will only be available when there are only 2 people left in a game.

So in a 1v1 game, the Surrender button is available immediately.

In a 6 player game, the Surrender button will only be available once 4 of those players are eliminated, and there are just 2 players left.

That solves the problem of the Cards, and cheats, and Assassin games, and most things.

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
agreed. more often than not, simpler is better. especially for us oldtimers LOL

3cwhl

Awesome Player
Add surrender button

This is a major flaw in this site. Players that are sure to lose never came back and if ur the winner have to wait for 15 min or 3 days each just for them to go AWOL. If there is a surrender button, it would limit the time wasted. Which is good for both the losers and the winners.

Could this button possibly be added? Any comment? or vote for your choice:hello::dontknow:

Last edited:

CaptSweatpants

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
I'm in a couple of games where this came up recently. With a map and/or a setting that leads to a lot of border build up you can get into a stand off mode pretty easy and the leader just keeps getting incrementally stronger. I get bored and would like to surrender... maybe have my terts turn neutral to shake up the game and create some movement. I tried doing it myself in one game and pissed everyone off...

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/485421/

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
In games like those, it's really annoying when the dominant player doesn't make a move. Why not shake it up? It is a war game after all.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
Good point with assassin games, hadn't thought about those....

Yes, limiting it to 1v1 games is an option. And should be easy enough to do too.... It's might be the best idea to start with.

I agree.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
It could work in most types of games (probably not assasin) if we had AI players. The person quitting would be replaced by an AI player. Maybe in a distant future?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
It could work in most types of games (probably not assasin) if we had AI players. The person quitting would be replaced by an AI player. Maybe in a distant future?

New TV Series: Westworld on MajCom

Would players attacked by an AI player would be upset, thinking it should have gone after someone else. What if the player it hits, is then subsequently eliminated by another. Would AI players be allowed to go for an elimination? Win the game?

Would other players get points for forcing a "submission", MMA style?

All answers on next week's episode!

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
What happens when someone accidentally hits the "Resign" button? That's going to be fun ;)