• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Add A Resign Button

Would you like to see a resign feature added to Majorcommand?

• Total voters

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
I'll second what Shepherd said. Although I think a concede feature should be available to everyone in 1v1 (regardless of member status).

SirRyanGiggs

Awesome Player
So, i'm in the middle of a game wherein i fought mightily and maneuvered my men so as to be in good possition to threaten the player with the best starting drop and of the 4 players two have been AWOL since the start. i'm now the only one being attacked, completely strung out across the map, and quite dissatisfied with the game. my only options are play out this game that's clearly over or go AWOL. i'm not inclined to go AWOL, but playing this game out is stupid. i should think that if one wished to conceed and received the approval of all non awol players in the match, then there could be abuse of this as described above. further, one could report users who might be abusing this in some way and flag them, i.e. rather than tracking number of concessions (because conceeding a game that's over is something i'd do frequently) you could track instead the number of complaints re: abuse of the feature.

SirRyanGiggs

Awesome Player
that is, "...then there could be no abuse of this as described above." (sorry, important missing word!)

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
What you propose would not eliminate abuse, and in fact would make it easier in certain situations. I won't get into specifics, I'm not in the habit of teaching people how to cheat, it makes my job harder, lol.

A lot of people want this option though, so hopefully we can come up with something workable.

SirRyanGiggs

Awesome Player
@Orbotron, i'd be glad to have a detailed private discussion with you on this--it's a badly needed feature! :)

VetaBANNED

Awesome Player
orbotron is referring to people making alt accounts and playing themselves to give themselves points rapidly by abusing the hypothetical concession feature.

edit: I think this could be easily attenuated by not letting players join games that have players with the same IP Address as them. You could also only allow one account per IP to register but I'm of the opinion (starting out here on a shared dorm IP) that the former is the better solution. Yes there are ways around the above, proxying or polipo for instance, but frankly - if someone is going to proxy to cheat there's not much you can do to stop them already, especially if they're determined.

that's my $.02 anyway.

Last edited:

ahungrydwarf

Awesome Player
Add Ability to Instantly go AWOL in Real Time

Let's get an AWOL button in realtime games. There are times in life - your boss passes you and tells you he expects you to work or else you are FIRED!!! - where you know that you may not be able to come back to the game. But it is really not good to leave the other guys waiting, waiting and waiting.
It would be nice if we could push a button and go AWOL from the next round, so they don't have to wait.

Respectfully
The Dwarf

maloBANNED

Awesome Player
Master j

But what about when you join a game , and nobody joins for hours - how can i forfeit, resign, go to sleep ?

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Master j

But what about when you join a game , and nobody joins for hours - how can i forfeit, resign, go to sleep ?

If you're in a game that hasn't started yet, just click the "drop" button, and you'll drop out of the game.

Insider-III

Awesome Player
Take Leave Button

I think a "Take Leave" button would be good in the games. It would have a similar action to going AWOL so saving time if you are going on holiday or something. It would stop possibly two wasted days waiting for someone to go AWOL and let the other players get on with the game. I would say this would be more useful to real time games but nonetheless I still think it would be used elsewhere as well.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I actually really like this. It makes sense. A lot of the time when people are losing on RT they just leave the game.. this would eliminate some of this, if the person bothered to click it.

It could be a polite way of bowing out of your games if you have to be somewhere for a while and don't feel like making everyone wait.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
One problem is, people who wants to "forfeit" a game can also use it excessively. I wouldn't want to play a 3 player game, and when a player is leading to the point where only the joint forces of the other two can go against him, "that guy" just totally give up and press ze button.

Insider-III

Awesome Player
Which player are you refreing to? The big guy could press it and it would just leave the others to fight it out, if it is one of the smaller players then they could still throw the game anyway. If it gets that far into a game surley the big player wouldn't drop out.

An improvement maybe if it takes a couple of round to come into effect say 3 or 5 in RT while 2 or 3 casual another possibility would be to change all the players troops to neutral or ramdomly reaward the regions to the various other players with a possible slight advantage going to the weaker player(s) in the game.

sharkdinner

Awesome Player
Forfeit

add a forfeit button. its painful having to sit and play out a game thats clearly a loss..... and often your opponent buggers off leaving you to grind through it even more slowly.

Oh and add an autoforfeit if they miss more than x goes in a row (suggest=2)

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
There is a feature of AWOL, when players are skipped if they go awol. in some cases this can be on the first turn.

http://www.majorcommand.com/wiki/AWOL

as for a forfeit button... there had been a lot of discussions, and the main point against it... is the fact that it can be abused - A LOT

sharkdinner

Awesome Player
Fair enough. I read the page on AWOL, it doesnt quite give a full description....

if my opponent goes awol, does he still have a timer on his moves (eg in a 5min turn game, do I have to wait for each of his turns to time out)?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
No - it "skips" the turn.

sharkdinner

Awesome Player
that sounds good enough then. Im plagued with people in realtime games who see a bad dice roll and throw teddy from the pram. Very frustrating as you sit there plodding away on a game they've effectively forfeited.

Zuberi

Awesome Player
I would also like a forfeit option of some sort. I'm guessing that by abused, you mean in regards to ranks? Perhaps you could have unranked games as well as ranked ones and allow forfeit in the unranked games. My friends and I don't care about the ranks and having to sit through a game that's already decided is not fun.

goat

Awesome Player
Surrender option...

I was thinking a surrender option might be good. A lot of players leave the game when they are loosing or if they run out of time to play the game then we have to wait his/her turns to wipe him/her out. I was thinking a surrender option would make the game a lot more pleasurable for everyone :)

How often we play a game and it last longer than expected or something comes up and we need to leave. We then have to leave all the other players hanging waiting our turns.

A good way to prevent abuse would be that when you surrender the other player get the win points

Last edited: