• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

The Tournament Generator

The-Swede

Awesome Player
Cool, thanks. The thing about escalate doubles is they can often be played and won like a singles even with a bad partner. The co-operation required is minimal though always helpful and +EV. I liked the idea of getting randomly paired with a partner who could become a new friend. That's how i met Pinzky as an example, in a S.A. tournament doubles game (that we lost but co-operated and played well togethor), now he joins my teams once and awhile.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Cool, thanks. The thing about escalate doubles is they can often be played and won like a singles even with a bad partner. The co-operation required is minimal though always helpful and +EV. I liked the idea of getting randomly paired with a partner who could become a new friend. That's how i met Pinzky as an example, in a S.A. tournament doubles game (that we lost but co-operated and played well togethor), now he joins my teams once and awhile.

Maybe the next one I'll make the opening round dubs

The-Swede

Awesome Player
Incase i've spammed away the important news:
TOURNAMENTS OPEN NOW WITH FREE POINTS ADDED TO THE PRIZE POOL. More to be hosted. Called "number1"

Though that was a 6 player doubles that i met Pinzky in and i think 6 player would definetly require good co-operation to be competative. I think it would need to be atleast 8 players and not any of the very largest maps to go by my theory of "can often be played and won like a singles even with a bad partner." And i am starting to lean towards your disfavor of tournament team games, especially the larger the team size. I think they are a terrible idea that could lead to disputes and strong opinions, or the bad luck of having teamates who just don't care at all. Sure they are good for UDO's and medal hunting but i don't think it's worth it. I won't be joining anymore i think. For games like that you need players who have an understanding of each other or atleast a willingness to try to co-operate by choosing to team up. For some reason though i just don't think doubles are quite as bad especially if the game settings allow you to be competitive without a partners help.

Last edited:

The-Swede

Awesome Player
Tournaments have filled up very fast lately and there is only four larger sized tournaments open right now. If anyone wanted to host a tournament that they like in the 16-30 player range it would probably fill up fast .

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I love player games <3

16 player games fill up so fast

I know a lot of players like the same thing, exclusively, but they dont check tournaments regularly coz most tournaments are not 2 player games... so when a 4 rounds of 2 player games 16 player tournament pops up they're too late to join
(Ive been sending them headsups for 16p tourneys)

solution; 5 rounds of 2 player games = 32 players, doesnt fill up as fast, so everybody has time to join

In fact, this is probly good for paid membership
If you only like 2 player tournaments and you're always too late to join them, why pay for membership?
Can we make 32 players the default number for 2 player games tournaments?

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
In fact, this is probly good for paid membership
If you only like 2 player tournaments and you're always too late to join them, why pay for membership?
Can we make 32 players the default number for 2 player games tournaments?

You can't play in tournaments without paying for strategist level at least.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Congratulations to Auracraft for winning the first of the 'Number 1' tournaments and claiming 250 extra points.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
OK, 2 things for everyone following the 'Number1' tournament series. I made another one, but messed it up. Asked Sheriff or MrMarcos to delete it, so DON'T JOIN IT! Will be remaking it when the messed up one is gone.

Second, Big Congrats to Spirop on winning Number1 Edition 2! 250 points added to his score.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
New Edition 5 of the 'Number1' tourney series made, messed up one deleted. So ok to join!

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
So there's this tournament idea I fear.
I doubt anyone could handle the mindfuck
12 domains
2 player games.
32 players.
5 rounds
all different settings

3 path flat
3 border esca
1 anywhere lite
no reinfs flat
no reinfs esca

plz don't, this is torture.
what would make it even worse is ... not waterboarding; what would make it worse is starting this tournament while other tournaments also have 12do rounds (currently Im in two 4 player tournament games, one of them no reinfs, the other 1 anywh... drives me crazy, right Pinzky? ;)

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
https://www.majorcommand.com/tournaments/2224/
With one awol on one side, this game is now 5 vs 6.
We managed to beat the other team with 11 vs 12 players by cooperating really well... Im sad it has to end this way :(

Since this is a tournament game I would really like a fair chance.

I can think of several solutions;
1 we could do a side game of 5 vs 5 where one of the opposing team members doesnt participate,
2 or a 6 vs 6 with a volunteer player on our side instead of our awol.
3 Or ask the opposing team to eliminate our awol first.
In the spirit of fair play it doesn't seem like too much to ask. :love:
Or in the spirit of charity I should just stop complaining already :vollkommenauf:

Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Who is awol?

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Looking at the high ranking players that are left in your team after flyhi is taken away, I'm sure you will be able to win also with 5 vs 6. Let's have the game play out - if we're miles ahead after the first cuople of rounds, then we can talk about a solution, but let's let the dice gods have their say first.

That's my opinion!

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
@Ndrm - Flyhi, awol for 1 month now.

@Sebrim - Just 2 months ago I had 2400 points :p I've won 5 tournaments since... High Ranks don't compensate for a difference of 30 units. It's already 180 vs 150, that's miles ahead isn't it?

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Just 2 months ago I had 2400 points :p I've won 5 tournaments since... High Ranks don't compensate for a difference of 30 units. It's already 180 vs 150, that's miles ahead isn't it?

wow...5 tourneys! I haven't won 1 yet....cool.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
ah, for me its ok with the sidegame, could u please start it?

EDIT I just send a message to jeff, the next player

Last edited:

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
I know it is annoying but that is tournament life I'm afraid.

You win some you lose some.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
As I said in the game: I do not agree. there is no guarantee that a side game will be more fair. I vote for continuing the game as is, and if ti skews considerably in our favour by round 2 or three, we can talk again. I refuse to join a side game unless all players in the game urge me to.

So far we've only had two opinions from each team and TheGeneral as outsider considering a side game unnecessary

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
(quote from in game)
I don't agree. Why not play this game out? having AWOL players in tournament games is a risk, and a well,coordinated team can outweigh such a disadvantage - as can the dice.
We did overcome the disadvatage of having 1 awol last round, by eliminating opponents while supporting teammates... but eliminating an opponent with 5 regions (3 units) with a team of 11 is far easier than eliminating an opponent with 10 regions with a team of 5, given the same deploy of 3 units each turn.
You have some experienced teams coordinators in your team as well ; )
There's no reason to assume dice would favor us by 30 units
I would like to have a fair chance after the effort I put into coordinating last game. I would do the same for you.

Last edited: