• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Roadmap - New Server

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
What is going on? Great progress on the coding side. I'll have to get in some games and see how rusty i am at all this. 10 years since i joined, but ive been away 3 years... Good to see the familiar names still here.
Welcome back eric...no new news; you can read the posts to see what's going on.
Basically waiting for points to start counting and PW protection...it's terrible right now trying to get a game going with noobs sneaking in.
game engine is running great.
I have 10 years here as well.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Welcome back eric...no new news; you can read the posts to see what's going on.
Basically waiting for points to start counting and PW protection...it's terrible right now trying to get a game going with noobs sneaking in.
game engine is running great.
I have 10 years here as well.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
rusty, maybe but MC like riding a bike. you never forget how...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Can we get an update????????

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Can we get an update????????
I guess not...Please get rid of the spinning....It's a really simple fix...Looks like Ivan can't do it himself....UPDATE
3 years

LordBeardmore

Awesome Player
why can't you guys see 57 games started??? Why is everyone taking his side? I love this game but I feel like quitting with everybody's opinion...
i agree with you now. its spamming the casual games tab. technically there is nothing against the rules with it but its in poor taste and it buries any other games. There should absolutely be a limit to how many games you can start per day. that being said i do appreciate braveheart being a game creator i just wish it was throttled back a bit.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
i agree with you now. its spamming the casual games tab. technically there is nothing against the rules with it but its in poor taste and it buries any other games. There should absolutely be a limit to how many games you can start per day. that being said i do appreciate braveheart being a game creator i just wish it was throttled back a bit.
Well said, LordBeardmore. And I would strongly second exactly what you said

dabbledave

Awesome Player
I'm new to this site. And just joined a few games.

Adding this here because this thread had the most reference to "AWOL" in my search.

One player seems to be going AWOL in the first round of all of the games that I've joined. (Could be legit AWOL, of course; but it could be taking advantage of an obvious exploit.)

Why should an AWOL player receive their troops due from the turn that they missed?

Especially in the second round, where they get 3 + 3 after going AWOL in the first round ...

If, for example, they are listed first in the turn order, that's like getting double the troops for playing last in the first round.

See snip.

It's an exploit. Not cool.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

spirop

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Before the recode a player like that would recieve a ding on their honor rating, thereafter having to roam the site wearing the shame of that scarlet letter.
Man I hope that returns with the completion of the recode.

dabbledave

Awesome Player
Before the recode a player like that would recieve a ding on their honor rating, thereafter having to roam the site wearing the shame of that scarlet letter.
Man I hope that returns with the completion of the recode.
Again, it could be a legitimate AWOL, so a scarlet letter might be harsh ...

I just don't see why anyone who goes AWOL, legitimate or not, should get the troops from the turn they missed ... the penalty for AWOL should be no troops for the turn that was missed (AND disqualification if too many turns missed)

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Again, it could be a legitimate AWOL, so a scarlet letter might be harsh ...

I just don't see why anyone who goes AWOL, legitimate or not, should get the troops from the turn they missed ... the penalty for AWOL should be no troops for the turn that was missed (AND disqualification if too many turns missed)
Hi dab and welcome to MC.
AWOL is always an issue. I've seen players go AWOL on purpose. But I assure you it's not any of the regular players, old and new.
It's generally a new player. Membership. a Grunt goes AWOL after 1st turn missed, Strategist and Commander get 3 turns before going Awol.
And some maps let you deploy deferred troops at the end of your turn. I truly don't understand that and never really thought about it. I'm gonna look into why some maps do it and the rest don't. A missed turn is also a missed card. Cards play an important role here.
Stick with it. Try and join games with regular players. Don't be afraid to ask for help...
Message me if you have any questions.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
that was snarky as f*ck, bilsi. Nothing Rare-Breed said deserved that kind of a response.
I just found this...what were you talking about? I said nothing against rarebreed...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Well said, LordBeardmore. And I would strongly second exactly what you said
Looks like he's at it again...gonna look now.
OMG he has 90 games started....

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
57 games started...isn't that a bit much???
OK...Now he has 90 games started...Something has to be done. I won't play with or against him so I have to scroll 110 games to find a game without him. Who cares that people are joining. Mostly noobs and still takes time to start. Why can't other people post games...

Stormcat

Awesome Player
OK...Now he has 90 games started...Something has to be done. I won't play with or against him so I have to scroll 110 games to find a game without him. Who cares that people are joining. Mostly noobs and still takes time to start. Why can't other people post games...
I have started games, and am waiting for games I've joined, esp team games to fill, but bc braveheart's games are filling up the entire section, no one can find or join any of those games that were started before his last batch. so i'll be waiting till eternity i suppose bc braveheart will just keep starting games. it's seriously getting ridiculous, and super un-user friendly

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I have started games, and am waiting for games I've joined, esp team games to fill, but bc braveheart's games are filling up the entire section, no one can find or join any of those games that were started before his last batch. so i'll be waiting till eternity i suppose bc braveheart will just keep starting games. it's seriously getting ridiculous, and super un-user friendly
Would it be possible for one of our mods, or our intrepid Sheriff, to send him a friendly inbox message? I've never seen this be an issue before, and it's possible Braveheart doesn't realize it's beyond ridiculous and ultimately inconsiderate of other players?

dabbledave

Awesome Player
Hi dab and welcome to MC.
AWOL is always an issue. I've seen players go AWOL on purpose. But I assure you it's not any of the regular players, old and new.
It's generally a new player. Membership. a Grunt goes AWOL after 1st turn missed, Strategist and Commander get 3 turns before going Awol.
And some maps let you deploy deferred troops at the end of your turn. I truly don't understand that and never really thought about it. I'm gonna look into why some maps do it and the rest don't. A missed turn is also a missed card. Cards play an important role here.
Stick with it. Try and join games with regular players. Don't be afraid to ask for help...
Message me if you have any questions.
Thanks for the welcome.

Another question is about email notifications.

In settings I've had them browned out like the snip attached, and clear, not sure which way is meant to be 'on'.

Either way I've not received email notifications. (And I've checked spam.)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 2

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Would it be possible for one of our mods, or our intrepid Sheriff, to send him a friendly inbox message? I've never seen this be an issue before, and it's possible Braveheart doesn't realize it's beyond ridiculous and ultimately inconsiderate of other players?
I've sent him numerous (polite) messages. He never responds...

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Thanks for the welcome.

Another question is about email notifications.

In settings I've had them browned out like the snip attached, and clear, not sure which way is meant to be 'on'.

Either way I've not received email notifications. (And I've checked spam.)
I don't think anyone gets email notifications right now...Not sure you know this game is going through a big overhaul...Things will get to normal some time.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I sent another message, no response again. I don't hate the guy but I don't think he realizes what he's doing...