• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Roadmap - New Server

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I sent another message, no response again. I don't hate the guy but I don't think he realizes what he's doing...
Agreed, no animosity there, and thanks for being the ambassador of reason and good taste!

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
Agreed, no animosity there, and thanks for being the ambassador of reason and good taste!
The person is a punk and something should be done. I focus my attacks in his/her games on him/her and as you can see to the left I am generally an awesome player :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The person is a punk and something should be done. I focus my attacks in his/her games on him/her and as you can see to the left I am generally an awesome player :)
Currently, with the rebuild, there is no way for admins (such as myself), other than Sheriff, to sanction a player, but the time will come when those functions come back. I STRONGLY suggest that you drop whatever vendetta you have against him, your actions, joining games just to target a player, is DEFINITELY against our community values. Just forget about him and play your game.

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
Currently, with the rebuild, there is no way for admins (such as myself), other than Sheriff, to sanction a player, but the time will come when those functions come back. I STRONGLY suggest that you drop whatever vendetta you have against him, your actions, joining games just to target a player, is DEFINITELY against our community values. Just forget about him and play your game.
He/her is such a great player I like to try to eliminate them first

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

LordBeardmore

Awesome Player
I propose that if there is not limit put on games created per day or something similar, we should consider going on a strike and stop playing until there is a solution. I know there used to be a paid membership that allowed a player to create as many games as they want (I think, or maybe just 50, I dont remember) But we need a solution soon. Have the admins gone AWOL? can they not see that this is a problem?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I propose that if there is not limit put on games created per day or something similar, we should consider going on a strike and stop playing until there is a solution. I know there used to be a paid membership that allowed a player to create as many games as they want (I think, or maybe just 50, I dont remember) But we need a solution soon. Have the admins gone AWOL? can they not see that this is a problem?
Truthfully, I see this as a minor problem. Does it need fixing? Yes. Does it need to be done BEFORE the scoreboard, games points, etc is fixed and working? I don't think so. The admins at the moment don't have any control, except for Sheriff; the Admin tab hasn't been put back in. Another thing that I think needs to be fixed before worrying about how many games someone can start. I agree that having 90 games started by one player is excessive and needs to be reigned in, but IMO it's hardly an emergency situation.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I sent another message, no response again. I don't hate the guy but I don't think he realizes what he's doing...
poll time
Truthfully, I see this as a minor problem. Does it need fixing? Yes. Does it need to be done BEFORE the scoreboard, games points, etc is fixed and working? I don't think so. The admins at the moment don't have any control, except for Sheriff; the Admin tab hasn't been put back in. Another thing that I think needs to be fixed before worrying about how many games someone can start. I agree that having 90 games started by one player is excessive and needs to be reigned in, but IMO it's hardly an emergency situation.
I never said it was an emergency...

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
Please don't tell me who I may or may not attack. I play with my own strategy. Thanks!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I CAN and WILL tell you that targeting ONE player in every game, and joining games just to target that player is NOT allowed on this site, and you WILL be booted if you continue.

You mentioned earlier what it says under your avatar, please take a look and note what it says under MINE.

Last edited:

Stormcat

Awesome Player
I wondered if maybe Braveheart doesn't regularly read the forum, so sent him a note, and he responded quite graciously. Pointed out that he does not generally join many types of games, such as assassin, team, escalite, so likes to start the kind he wants to play. But said he'd scale it back as he hadn't been aware that he was clogging up the system for some of us! Thanks Braveheart!
I still think the poll and pinning down a number allowed per day per player might be a good thing for the future

Last edited:

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
I CAN and WILL tell you that targeting ONE player in every game, and joining games just to target that player is NOT allowed on this site, and you WILL be booted if you continue.

You mentioned earlier what it says under your avatar, please take a look and note what it says under MINE.
His games are virtually the only games available to play. I play a very particular strategy and will not be told who I can attack. Typically, when I play in games with you, I strategize by attacking you

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
His games are virtually the only games available to play. I play a very particular strategy and will not be told who I can attack. Typically, when I play in games with you, I strategize by attacking you

When your "particular strategy" is to carry out a vendetta against one player, which you have ADMITTED to in chat in several games, that's unacceptable. Either cease and desist immediately or your account will be banned for a period of time to be determined after I have talked with a couple of the other admin.

I tried to be nice about this, but your defiant attitude is frankly pissing me off. Stop being a disposable feminine cleansing product one might use on a summer's eve. And the bag it came in.

needpapertowel

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I wondered if maybe Braveheart doesn't regularly read the forum, so sent him a note, and he responded quite graciously. Pointed out that he does not generally join many types of games, such as assassin, team, escalite, so likes to start the kind he wants to play. But said he'd scale it back as he hadn't been aware that he was clogging up the system for some of us! Thanks Braveheart!
I still think the poll and pinning down a number allowed per day per player might be a good thing for the future
Very pragmatic and efficient way to handle it, good thinking. Clear and friendly communication, always the greatest problem solver! :)

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
When your "particular strategy" is to carry out a vendetta against one player, which you have ADMITTED to in chat in several games, that's unacceptable. Either cease and desist immediately or your account will be banned for a period of time to be determined after I have talked with a couple of the other admin.

I tried to be nice about this, but your defiant attitude is frankly pissing me off. Stop being a disposable feminine cleansing product one might use on a summer's eve. And the bag it came in.
As one of those other admins, Cards, I couldnt have said it better.

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Having been ground down by the slow progress on MC at the moment I've migrated to another risk site (under another handle). One or two things from that site which are, I think, better than what we have on MC - which might help with some of the problems raised in the last few posts:
1. They have a better system re AWOL players. Players who've spent some time on MC will know that certain players sometimes use AWOL as a tactic - particularly where a game is stuck with 3 players - go AWOL, let the other 2 knock lumps out of each other, then re-appear. On the other site when a player goes AWOL (after 2 missed turns) his territories go neutral, and the number of troops on those territories gradually reduces. There is no re-appearing - once you're AWOL, you're out. And over a few turns any big stacks getting in the remaining players' way wither away. It's a much better system, (I think) than the MC system.
2. They have a good, simple system for 'avoiding' players. If you don't enjoy playing against a particular player for whatever reason, you can just click to their page and click to 'avoid' them. Once you're avoiding a player you can't join games they're in, and vice versa. It's much better. It means if (like me) you don't like getting into slanging matches with other players, you can just quietly click to avoid them - job done.
Waiting for MC to be repaired feels like waiting for the Second Coming - but as and when things progress those might be ideas for improvements.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Something to ponder ... to me, players starting games, within reason, is a big plus.

Most of the games that I have joined in the past few months have been started by Braveheart1. Thanks Braveheart1, please do continue to start new games. It helps keep MC on life support.

To all players <> Use wisdom in how many new games you have created that are still showing on the 'Join' page so as not to come under fire for spamming <>

Now back to finding games to join to enjoy MC and the good times.

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Something to ponder ...to me, Players starting games, within reason, is a big plus.

Most of the games that I have joined in the past few months have been started by Braveheart1. Thanks Braveheart1, please do continue to start new games. It helps keep MC on life support.

To all players <> Use wisdom in how many new games you have created that are still showing on the 'Join' page so as not to come under fire for spamming <>

Now back to finding games to join to enjoy MC and the good times.
Come on Sgt 90 games? Why isn't 10 games enough and if you want to play more, join a game...
You like scrolling 100+ games?

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
I'm new to this site. And just joined a few games.

Adding this here because this thread had the most reference to "AWOL" in my search.

One player seems to be going AWOL in the first round of all of the games that I've joined. (Could be legit AWOL, of course; but it could be taking advantage of an obvious exploit.)

Why should an AWOL player receive their troops due from the turn that they missed?

Especially in the second round, where they get 3 + 3 after going AWOL in the first round ...

If, for example, they are listed first in the turn order, that's like getting double the troops for playing last in the first round.

See snip.

It's an exploit. Not cool.
I agree.

LordBeardmore

Awesome Player

I'm pretty sure using pejorative terms towards another player goes against "community values"