• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - New UI (6 / 2019)

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
<< another new bug >> the overview page says it's not my turn, but when I click on a game it turns out that there are two games that it is my turn

15wxk3o.jpg

azb1ps.jpg

That is indeed a regression. That you for the bug report. It will be fixed asap.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
<< wish list >> please add underline to the overview to show whose turn it is and also how much time left before their turn end

15wxk3o.jpg

1. Player underline. Also a regression. Fixing.
2. Time left in turn. Scheduled for implementation very soon.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
In the meanwhile the maps have been updated in order to fix the visual issues with the troops containers. Affected maps were:
  • Classic Massive
  • Conflict Africa
  • The Balkan Peninsula
  • Duck & Cover
  • The British Isles

Should display like so:
1563559513.jpg

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
<< Bug Report >> the "number of it's my turn" info no longer shows on the Beta tab

2h4ib0l.jpg

I now have to click thru each game to find out if it's my turn or not. Mixed emotions about reporting this, lol, as I'm hoping the other guys miss their turn - but - it really does slow down the games.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer

A new update has been deployed that fixes a couple of regressions that were reported:

• The games list doesn't show the games where it's the player turn
  • The current turn player is not underlined

@SgtPatton: The issue you just reported with the turn number in the Beta tab is also corrected by this deployment.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter

A new update has been deployed that fixes a couple of regressions that were reported:

• The games list doesn't show the games where it's the player turn
  • The current turn player is not underlined

@SgtPatton: The issue you just reported with the turn number in the Beta tab is also corrected by this deployment.

thanks, yes, MrMarcos. I just logged in and it's all back to normal. thanks

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
<< Wish List >> 1 or 2 more blitz options to speed up attacks when large numbers of troops are involved.

There are times when I want to control how many troops I use or can lose in a blitz, or I want to reduce the other guy's armies but leave 1 or 2 of his armies to act as a barrier to him or her attacking me thru that tert.

The only way to control that now is to manually attack and attack, ..., and attack and attack over and over again.

I'm looking for option that let's me blitz with only xxx troops, and/or an option that stops the blitz when the other guy is down to x troops.

Just a thought, something to think about with future enhancements.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
<< wish list >> 1 or 2 more blitz options to speed up attacks when large numbers of troops are involved.

There are times when i want to control how many troops i use or can lose in a blitz, or i want to reduce the other guy's armies but leave 1 or 2 of his armies to act as a barrier to him or her attacking me thru that tert.

The only way to control that now is to manually attack and attack, ..., and attack and attack over and over again.

I'm looking for option that let's me blitz with only xxx troops, and/or an option that stops the blitz when the other guy is down to x troops.

Just a thought, something to think about with future enhancements.

+1 :d

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Thanks for the suggestions @SgtPatton. I've added them to our issue tracker for review and planning.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
<< another bug ?!? >> messages in chatter disappear when <send> is clicked. doesn't seem to be a problem with short chats but longer chats disappear out in to the black hole of the internet.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
<< another bug ?!? >> messages in chatter disappear when <send> is clicked. doesn't seem to be a problem with short chats but longer chats disappear out in to the black hole of the internet.

Bug confirmed. Will be addressed with high priority.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Any idea how to play beta on mobile?

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
text deleted,
I think that the beta archive doesnt sort games chronologically

Last edited:

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Hi. In the Nukes game https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/180 I just bombed Tomsk-7, it gave me a card, but the record does not say it happened. I also did not get any deferred troops after skipping a turn. (Maybe these are known issues.)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
In game #199, I'm supposed to (have to) turn in cards, but it never lets me click on anything. When I hover over the cards, the territories do highlight, but nothing happens when clicking.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
The issue I have with games getting stuck, in a way similar to what Sebrim reports, is still happening now and then. Only reloading makes it possible to continue.

The browser consol (Firefox/ios) does not report an error as this happens. It just says the same as when the game works as normal.

If that happens again, let me know if errors appear in the browser console.

Last edited:

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
so I go to beta, Im @ the games list I join any game
when I join a game the page refreshes and it shows the game I just joined as a classic mini game. it does so only on the games list
then when I go to my own awaiting games list it shows a picture of the actual map, not classic mini
kinda confusing the first few times :p

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Had the same experience now. Joined as #2 out of 2 in two games (216 and 215). After clicking "Join" the game img at the left changed from Land Rush to Classic mini.
When I return to https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/ after having done my turns, it shows the commert images for LandRush.

so I go to beta, Im @ the games list I join any game
when I join a game the page refreshes and it shows the game I just joined as a classic mini game. it does so only on the games list
then when I go to my own awaiting games list it shows a picture of the actual map, not classic mini
kinda confusing the first few times :p

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy