• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - New UI (6 / 2019)

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Screen widgets seem to time out

Yes, I'm in that game Periwinkle WAS in :) - now over 60 turns. Massive Europe map. I can't really describe the problems I'm having loading each turn. It takes ages and the screen widgets seem to be active only for a short time during the load and then for a VERY short time after loading. If I press the right one at the right time and then refresh the screen a few times (each one with a huge delay) my turn might get going. Chatter is not active until the play has properly started.

Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Another player can't seem to play the beta UI on their apple mobile device. Does beta work on apple (ipad, iPhone)? If so, what browser should they use? Safari or Chrome on apple doesn't seem to work for me or him.....

chacha75

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
I am using puffin full desktop version on iPad and it works fine, as well as on iPhone.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
I dusted off IE hoping for a miracle but (like the earlier posts above) Beta comes up blank in my IE. So, I'll stick with Chrome until I finish this mega game I'm in (around 80 turns now), then I'll hope for a new Beta release while I take a few Risk-free months off to calm my shattered nerves! Given the problems with this game, if there isn't a new Beta soon, I'll have to stick with the production version (and keep kicking Flash to get it to run).

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Sorry for the latest problems. Please try now.

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
In my final turn of that 80-turn epic, I think I have discovered something about the UI behaviour. When the game first loads, none of the widgets respond. But this sequence seems to work:
1) Wait until the screen will scroll up and down (by pressing up and down a couple of times, eventually the page catches up and all the scrolling movements happen - that tells you scrolling is now active);
2) When scrolling is working, VERY QUICKLY locate and press a widget I want (like begin turn);
3) Nothing happens and you go through 3 or 4 'Page unresponsive'/Press 'Wait' cycles;
4) Eventually scrolling works again & again very quickly locate and press a desired widget (eg the country to deploy to);
5) Then the turn seems to proceed normally.
The window for action in (2) and (4) seems to be only a few seconds. Miss it and you have to F5 and start again. If I do nothing but wait until all the page unresponsive/Wait cycles are through, none of the widgets seem to work - I have to catch something on the way through, but have been doing that randomly for maybe 30 or 40 turns turns since it slowed down. Only just found the scrolling signal!
Flyboi eventually gave up that game in frustration - he was the moral victor: I completed the game just to get rid of it.
Sigh!

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
In my final turn of that 80-turn epic, I think I have discovered something about the UI behaviour. When the game first loads, none of the widgets respond. But this sequence seems to work:
1) Wait until the screen will scroll up and down (by pressing up and down a couple of times, eventually the page catches up and all the scrolling movements happen - that tells you scrolling is now active);
2) When scrolling is working, VERY QUICKLY locate and press a widget I want (like begin turn);
3) Nothing happens and you go through 3 or 4 'Page unresponsive'/Press 'Wait' cycles;
4) Eventually scrolling works again & again very quickly locate and press a desired widget (eg the country to deploy to);
The window for action in (2) and (4) seems to be only a few seconds. Miss it and you have to F5 and start again. If I do nothing but wait until all the page unresponsive/Wait cycles are through, none of the widgets seem to work - I have to catch something on the way through, but have been doing that randomly for maybe 30 or 40 turns turns since it slowed down. Only just found the scrolling signal!
Flyboi eventually gave up that game in frustration - he was the moral victor: I completed the game just to get rid of it.
Sigh!

Ok, it seems that we have some scalability issue int the UI code. I'll investigate in order to try to solve it with the frontend developer. Thanks for the report.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Sigh!

+1 that's what I did ...same game...there was 3 of us left....

chacha75

Awesome Player
Los Bambinos
Another player can't seem to play the beta UI on their apple mobile device. Does beta work on apple (ipad, iPhone)? If so, what browser should they use? Safari or Chrome on apple doesn't seem to work for me or him.....

Did you ever get this to work on iOS then? @periwinkle

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Did you ever get this to work on iOS then? @periwinkle

I was asking on behalf of another player...I was hosting some FF training games off the beta UI and some couldn't access it through their apple product. If you are interested in some FF training games...I'll be hosting another game next week. Message me if you are interested .

LotsOFFLuck

Awesome Player
Troop containers not showing up for a couple of people in Peri's 'training' game.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I think I have encountered a bug...this my 2nd time seeing this (sorry i didnt report it the first time)

Can not attack 296 or 284 from 272 in land rush

https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/348

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
I have a bug Ive seen 3 times. When I choose an ongoing beta game, when it's just loaded, I click the A where it also says its your turn, Im forwarded to my personal profile page :p

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
Here's a pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200220-145100_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200220-145100_Chrome.jpg
    891.4 KB · Views: 51

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
I remember having the same problem on my smartphone - once I tried on the computer, it worked, thuogh - strangely. And it was the same tert - 296, that didn't allow an attack

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I remember having the same problem on my smartphone - once I tried on the computer, it worked, thuogh - strangely. And it was the same tert - 296, that didn't allow an attack

Yes...I was on my cellphone...android ....going to try another game