• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - New UI (6 / 2019)

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
also game processing speed is stressed in Land Rush map, the more turns, the more data, the slower the processing till it seems that the game has come to a standstill < https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/191 >

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
also game processing speed is stressed in Land Rush map, the more turns, the more data, the slower the processing till it seems that the game has come to a standstill < https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/191 >

Is this the first time you experience it, or has it happened every time you play Land Rush? I ask this because I did some things today that have stressed the database and that could be the cause for the slowness.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
It does not happen very often. I'll watch and track internet usage at my end to see if the two problems are linked to heavy use at my end

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
land rush game very, very, very slow

very, very, very slow. game bogged down. too much to process?

I have two internet sources, one fiber optic, the other very high speed land line. tried both. same problem game almost totally non-responsive. the problem seems to appear the further into land rush the game has progressed. too much data to process?

Attachments

• MC slow.jpg
    MC slow.jpg
    389.6 KB · Views: 58

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
https://imgshare.io/image/snip.yz604
I kind of miss the information we get presently by clicking on the map icon in active games (without having to open the game): Which round and how much time left for that next player to take the turn. That info is not given in Beta - unless I didn't see where

gfunk74

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Young Guns
game #243 bug

hey there,
in #243 I'm stuck. I cannot take reserves. I click on country labels but I cannot select any of them and no way to continue to play

newengine_noreservers.PNG

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
very, very, very slow. game bogged down. too much to process?

I have two internet sources, one fiber optic, the other very high speed land line. tried both. same problem game almost totally non-responsive. the problem seems to appear the further into land rush the game has progressed. too much data to process?

the problem gets worse the more rounds we play. It affects most aspects of the Land Rush map including the chat and starting your turn. The attack phase, if you can reach it, seems to still process okay. > https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/191

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
the problem gets worse the more rounds we play. It affects most aspects of the Land Rush map including the chat and starting your turn. The attack phase, if you can reach it, seems to still process okay. > https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/191

The game has died ?!? - after repeated attempts I still can not get in to start my turn . . . and now less than 1 hour to go . . . there is a definite problem here

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
The game has died ?!? - after repeated attempts I still can not get in to start my turn . . . and now less than 1 hour to go . . . there is a definite problem here

this says a lot about the problem and the frustration

Attachments

• Land Rush.jpg
    Land Rush.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 60

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I would agree with sgtpatton....as the game progresses in land rush....it gets slower and slower.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I joined a beta game but in Edge it doesn't show the numbers and I'm not able to see which ctries are mine. In IE it doesn't show anything, not even the game and participants.

In Chrome it works but I don't like the Chrome browser.

Will this be fixed so that Edge can be used?

game: https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/269

Last edited:

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
To go with Leor's message, in IE (MS Internet Explorer) the Beta page appears blank. The Beta page does appear and work well for me in Chrome.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
To go with Leor's message, in IE (MS Internet Explorer) the Beta page appears blank. The Beta page does appear and work well for me in Chrome.

Hi Brian, does Land Rush work okay for you? It's Land Rush that is giving me and others so much trouble as the game progresses.

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Any ETA when the Beta will go to public? Had to stop playing over a year ago due to constant flash problems and would very much like to renew the subscription if the game is brought up-to-date technically.

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Patton, I never last long enough in Land Rush to encounter any difficulty :)

TC - if you use old school Internet Explorer, the game runs smoothly without any special steps.

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Awaiting games in Beta: I think there is something wrong with this:

9/2 players?

Last edited:

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I'm starting to notice that this game is starting to load just as slow as the land rush map. Maybe because the game is at round 51? It was loading fine at the start of the game....but now it takes at least a minute or more. Also my chatter is not showing up again .

https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/213

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Ive had to finish over a dozen Land Rush games on my own coz my opponents couldnt play... huge map, it took me many hours to finish them (and you don't get points either :p)

so a kind request to players who try the beta for the first time;
play a small map first plz :) so if the Beta doesnt work for you, it won't take your opponent too long to finish up

that said, Land Rush is nice so who wants to play?