• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

What do you want to see in a map?

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
(we could maybe build bridges using some of our troops)
Interesting idea. We already have a system by which if you hold Region A and Region B it opens up a link between C and D - this could be used effectively as putting together resources to complete a bridge.

Plain-ol-Ed

Awesome Player
I like maps with a historical connection
Greek and Roman mythology is all the rage in the movies right now. Never hurts to hitch a ride on the zeitgist
The age of the discoveries could be cool, especially with a little poetic license and connect that to the Japanese explorations into Aftrica just a few decades earlier. What if the Portuguese ran into the Emperor's fleet ? ? ?
von Daniken's "Ancient Astronauts" could set up a whole "we ain't alone" thing.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Hi All!!! I was following the post on this formum and viewing images on the web saw one that I really liked for a big map, is the map of the world, reversed, where are the oceans are continents and vice versa, I'll try to paste it here :)
Antique_Style_World_Map_freecomputerdesktopwallpaper_1440.jpg

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
*off course not using the same image XD, but it alsmo may be up for the bridges idea from BudH

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You read my mind ndrm. I saw that image awhile ago when I thought of an idea to flip the world. I never got around doing it, but seeing someone might be on the same line with me, I might give it a crack some time, who knows.

Anyway, a group of maps from the same era would really liven up the tournaments, as I tried to do so with "The cold wars" with Cold War Europe, Duck and Cover and Nukes.

BIOfrequency

Awesome Player
Major Cities?!?

Just a thought... I feel like everyone wants to have bigger and bigger maps but it would be cool to see some smaller city like maps. Just off the top of my head places like New York, Rome, Berlin, Las Vegas

I think that would be pretty cool

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Fantasy maps are kinda cool because it can turn out any way you want

kigur

Awesome Player
it just stormed in my brain:
why not making something with a mission.
like free/lock the princes.
Defend the old city: defenders are outnumbered but reïnforcements are on their way....
get out of the maze first, but there is a thick fog
all get a character outlaw/renegade/sherif/deputy. outlaws need to kill the sherif, renegade has to be last alive, sherif need to kill oulaws+renegade, deputy helps sherif. you don't know the others their character, only sherif is known (anyone knows bang!?)

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
Hi All!!! I was following the post on this formum and viewing images on the web saw one that I really liked for a big map, is the map of the world, reversed, where are the oceans are continents and vice versa, I'll try to paste it here :)

It would be cool if you also had like classic risk continents, but only certain parts of the continent linked with the ocean territories. For example east and west US would connect to the oceans they border but canada didn't have ports.

dudeiamgood

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

Awesome, but it needs more color

Marvel

Awesome Player
An American Civil War map sounds great. North vs. South .

Ziz

Awesome Player
i want to see a massive map with space stations that lead to all of the planets in the solar system. Each planet would be graphed as extensively as the current massive map and it would have a 12 player minimum. this would of course be 9 different maps interlinked in a linear chain and could use the pre-existing maps for mars and earth. Players would recieve planetary bonuses rather than country bonuses.

Wayne2010

Awesome Player
I believe a map of our solar system, colonizing each planet with different conditions to overcome in order to maintain control of each. I'm more or less thinking out loud because most of the ideas for maps and what other's have posted more or less mirrors my own. A map of our universe could be interesting, educational and challenging depending on how it's set up. I don't know squat about how the maps are made so I don't know if each map can have game parameters such as occupying a position for so many moves with say a given number of troops and not attacking results in the troops wandering off and joining someone else's army... (that's what I mean by "thinking out load". I'd like to try my hand at creating a map of my own. I have some graphic skills but don't know if these are typical photoshop/illustrator images that are sliced into web pages or what? In any case, if I knew who to talk to and the site fathers wanted to collaborate with me, I'd welcome the idea to work on a map at my own pace, just for giggles and when done, give it to MC if they wanted it. Graphic art is a past time for me, I'm not a professional and don't want to be. I can't see myself sitting behind a computer designing all day. I do enough of that in my profession.

Guess I got off the whole "what do you want to see in a map" theme. Sorry about that. Solar system, galaxy map would be interesting.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I just would like to see a new map.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
everyone wants new maps, patsfan. I think Shep et al. are waiting for the big site fix that's ongoing to be finished to start unveiling new maps.

As an alternative to new maps, I'd REALLY like to see fog of war implemented. That would create a new game condition for ALL the existing maps.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
everyone wants new maps, patsfan. I think Shep et al. are waiting for the big site fix that's ongoing to be finished to start unveiling new maps.
I was just saying. Al;so bado said he had expected to get a map out every three months even while fixing the issues. If I am correct it has been 5 months since the middle east map.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Maybe someone should message shep or wids (?)
If anything's close to coming out, maybe they'll tell you.....

BadElmer

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
As another alternative, I'd like to see a Capitals version implemented for all (well, maybe most) maps.

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
Without reading the rest of the thread (evil, I know) I'd like to see more historical fights. Recreation of actual battles/wars throughout history.

This could lead to things like:

Civil war
battle of the bulge
France invasion on Normandy.
Napolean's loss at Waterloo
Leningrad/Stalingrad
trench warfare of WWI

Things along those lines. The maps could be decent, but the stories behind them really sell the maps