• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Tournament Generator

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Good Idea, it's up.

Last edited:

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
Wow that was quick - less than 2 hours from proposal to activation! Thanks masterskye.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Hey there,

We already talked about tourney's for doubles. As I remember, it could be done manually only, right?
Well, I'd be ready to organize/supervise this (maybe with the aid of dorcee), if you agree.
Do you?:)

Also, masterjskye, could you please update me what's going on with the battle for the belt now?

Thanks!

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Certainly, by all means. It'd be great to have a set doubles tourney.

I can probably help you out a bit getting started with some advice which I'll PM you soon. Just a couple of weeks ago Malpot mailed me expressing his intent to try and get something similar started with the help of Donsteep. Perhaps a collaboration might make things easier? And on top of that, B1G4NF has a whole set of rules etc already planned for a doubles tournament that sadly never got off the ground.

As for the battle for the Belt... I don't really follow it sorry - ask KFD.

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
SOME FRESH IDEAS, lets build 1 or 2 new tournaments with fresh ideas Ill be at the com almost all the day today so lets start some cool special unussual tournaments, who kicks off?

Cagey

Awesome Player
AADOMM
Generals
aceswildbanner_zpsfae20d2c.jpg

Aces Wild - building a team out of individual winners - 64 players start

round one 16x4 player singles games - classic antiquitus 3 path escalate

round two 4x4 player doubles games - classic evolved, 3 path escalate

round three 1x8 player quads game - classic massive 3 path escalate

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
cool :), I just can create tournaments until 32 players :s but its a great idea, lets wait for masterjskye to create it XD!

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
it's up XD!

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
I have an idea for a tourny, but my question becomes this: how many players is too many Is there a cap as to how many players we can make one with? The two versions i have in my head would be either a 72 player limited run, but the full idea would need 288 players. Would one of that size even be worth making?

Based on feedback from this idea, i'll lay out a little more details in a future post.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
288 would'nt work, blu. there's nowhere near enough people who regularly join tourneys, that would take MONTHS to fill.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
What Cards said. The maximum you can go to is 1000, but I wouldn't make anything beyond 100 at our current population. Even 100 would take a long time to fill.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
288 would'nt work, blu. there's nowhere near enough people who regularly join tourneys, that would take MONTHS to fill.

And by the time it filled, half the people would have quit the site and you would get a lot of hung games that blow up the tourney.

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
Mind you, the 288 person game woud set with sixers as a start. It would take a lot of AWOL's to kill all twelve players that early in the game. I could see that taking forever to fill though. What would you say to making both the 72 player and 288 player one, and just killing the larger one if it doesn't fill after a predetermined amount of time?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I really advise that you wait until there is more traffic on the site to try the 288 player tourney, blu. Even 100-player tourneys take 2-3 months to fill. 288 players would probably take a year. And, like Chilly said, there'd be a bunch of awols by then and that's no fun for the people who get stuck with them on their team.

blublank

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
The Wiki Bar
Sounds good. I'll throw out the full length idea at some point this weekend while at work, and have the board vote on which round or two to not use.

ObThundersnot

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
Here's my idea:

The Churchill & Charles Championship
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag98/ObThundersnot/cnc_zps04111f4d.jpg

An all out battle to see who reigns supreme in uniting and conquering Britain. This tourney has it all - one round each of Mercenary, Standard and Assassin.
"Those who can win a war well can rarely make a good peace and those who could make a good peace would never have won the war." - Winston Churchill
"To get the best results, you must talk to your vegetables." - Prince Charles

48 players total - all on British Iles map
Rd 1 - 6 games - 8 players/Merc/Doubles/Escalite/3 Reinforcements/Path/Chance
Rd 2 - 6 games - 2 players/Standard/Single/Escalate/3 Reinforcements/Path/Chance
Rd 3 - 1 games - 6 players/Assassin/Single/Flat Rate/1 Reinforcement/Path/Chance

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
100000 Tournament

Now I'm back I think it's time to finally open up the 100000th game, I was thinking that we could run a tournament for it, and hopefully one of you could help me set it up.I want to start with 100 people in the tournament (because it's 100,000 games), but I know how long the century tournament took to fill, so maybe a smaller number is better, maybe 60?*

With the tournament we could make the buy in 1 point so winning the tournament isn't the main insentive but just getting to the final round would be. Here's where I need Bado's help I guess, when we get down to the final round I was hoping to mirror the final game that is being played in the tournament with the 100000th game that is still awaiting upon my password. Then maybe Bado could award a fixed number of points to the winner of the 100000th game. (I was hoping 1000, but I know that's a lot and it's only been handed out on a few very special occasions... although the scores are getting higher nowdays)

So the details of the tournament...first of all the image...
100000_zpsde6c0ad0.png

And the Intro,
"Over the years Majorcommand has racked up many an epic game, and so many so that we're now, or 6 months ago (you guys know where the finger needs to be pointed), in 6 figures! Play your way through the evolution of the classic map to get to the one and only 100,000th game. All finalists of this tournament will receive the same amount of points as a payout but each will get an invite to the 100,000th game, the winner take the lucrative prize of...(insert how many points we want to give out here)"

If we were going to go with 100 people...
I was thinking 3 rounds with a 1 point buy in,
First round,
20 games, each 5 player
Classic Massive
Objective: Standard
Teams: Singles
Reserves: escalate
Reinforcement allowance: 3
Reinforcement: anywhere
Force: chance

Second round,
10 games, each 2 player
Classic MINI,
Reserves: escalite
Reinforcement: path

Third round,
1 game, 10 players
Classic Antiques,
Reinforcement allowance: 1
With the points being split equally, i.e. 10% winner 90% for the 2nds,not sure if this can be done but it would help make the 10000th game more important than the tournament

If we go with 60 people with 3 rounds with a 1 point buy in.
First round,20 games, each 3 player
Classic Massive
Reinforcement: anywhere

Second round,10 games, each 2 player
Classic MINI,
Reserves: escalite

Third round,1 game, 10 players
Classic Antiques,
Reinforcement allowance: 1
With the points being split equally, i.e. 10% winner 90% for the 2nds,not sure if this can be done but it would help make the 10000th game more important than the tournament

Any other ideas, or thing I need to change?I think that even though it's so late it'll still be quite a good endeavor,
BeanZ

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Hey beanz nice to see some action on this front, even if we are some 60,000 games past it now! I can make a tourney for you no problem but it's up to Bado whether or not there should be a points giveaway. I wouldn't make it too huge either as you don't want it taking ages to fill.