• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

The Tournament Generator

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
So How about a Mercenary tournament: So you think you the ultimate player? You have a nice shiny in flate rate I guess that it would be mad cause in escalate to eliminate a player may mean to eliminate all the remaining ones :)
maybe the last game may be in flat rate :)

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Of course if it gets the go ahead flat rate in the last works for me

TheGeneral

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Not thought about copyright issues. Perhaps Incandenza can clear that up for us...?

Thanks

Neil

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
So when you say "Tournament Generator" - that means basically YOU are the "Tournament Generator"?

Well this whole process is the generator, I am merely the Implementer. You still get a tournament of your design to play at the end of the day...

Owlcraft - Great Ideas mate! Just give me some good pictures and we're ready to rock! I especially like the sound of the MajCom royal rumble.. 96 players down to a 1 v 1.. HARDCORE = )

I like the way you've named each round, and it's something which can be incorporated on the game notes section, so keep it coming!

Ladynem - Same as Owlcraft just need some pictures, your ideas are solid. I make banners by googling 500x150 pixel images of whatever I'm after, then usually editing it in some way in windows paint program. You can also just cut a section out of another bigger picture and trim it to size, or even paint your own masterpiece. With a bit of imagination you can have a great banner quite quickly. Before I became TO I didn't think I was any good at making images but it's really quite easy if you are handy on the computer.

To answer your questions: It is easy to get the numbers wrong when calculating these tournaments. I have never had to think it out on paper before but I have devised a simple system that should make it easier to understand how to calculate the numbers right. Since a picture is worth a thousand words... I made this :D

The picture demonstrates a simple 3 round singles tournament, and by knowing how to work this out, you should be able to figure out how to make any tournament work simply by adapting this model.

Also, yes, Fixed Force can be used in tournament format. It is currently the only way for strategists to be able to access this game type. The tournament system is also the only way to be able to access team assassin and team mercenary game modes. The secret modes, as it were...

As for the concern about image copyright, last I heard it was still a free internet so I say don't worry yourself too much about this. Just use common sense.. no direct brand logos or anything or advertisements obviously :laugh: As long as you edit it in some way I think you'll be fine.

marc369 - I noticed you messaged me. I'll answer you here because If you have a question chances are someone else does too. Better to have it all here for everyone to learn. I like your merc tourney, and yes it can be flat rate for the final! Sounds good to me... but yes I need an image from you. The image is the "hard" part and it takes a little bit of effort so take your time everyone and post up here when you're ready.

Also just to clarify as well, I will confirm the final settings if they differ from what you specified in your final submission because of system constrictions or whatever. I might also slightly tweak some wording or whatever if I feel it would sound / look better.

ladynem

Awesome Player
Great Masterskye, I'll walk through the calculations again and make some banners! It won't be ready today though, maybe tomorrow or thursday :) I'll probably alter the historical wars a bit to add at least one force fixed, to make it really about strategy.

Last edited:

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
Here are some banners I quickly whipped up (by pulling from the web and re-sizing)...

#1 Emperor of these United States (and Protector of Mexico)

EmperoroftheUnitedStates.jpg

#2 Friends... to the Very End?

FriendstotheVeryEnd.jpg

#3 Major Command's Official Royal Rumble!

MajCommRoyalRumble.jpg

Feel free to play around with the settings and the overall explanations. I'm more of a "general ideas" guy, and I'm perfectly fine with others touching off and improving on things...

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
I think it'd also be cool to make certain settings a common occurrence (but with a different theme each time). Sort of like the "Assassins Soul" series, but also one for Mercenary, one for Fixed, one for 1v1, one for No-Reinforcements, and so on.

MajCody

Awesome Player
Generals
Nice map choices and the fixed round on massive is a nice way to finish and determine the champion.

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Okay the first of our player-submitted tournies is up! Royal Rumble awaits 95 other eager fighters :D

ladynem

Awesome Player
Duck & Cover - updated

duck.jpg

Duck & Cover!
“There was a turtle by the name of Bert, and Bert the turtle was very alert. When danger threatened him he never got hurt – he knew just what to do!”
Are you as alert as Bert? Are you the one that never gets hurt? Are you an expert in duck… & cover?

Round 1 (24 games) (48 players)
Players: 2
Objective: standard
Teams: singles
Reserves: Escalate
Reinforcement allowance: 3
Reinforcement: border
Force: chance

Round 2 (8 games) (24 players)
Players: 3
Objective: assassin
Reinforcement allowance: 1
Reinforcement: path

Round 3 (2 games) (= 8 players)
Players: 4
Reinforcement: everywhere

Round 4 (1 game) (= 2 players)
Players: 2
Reinforcement allowance: NONE
Reinforcement: NA

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Got it! Nice one ladynem, you've got a knack for this.

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
EDIT: Tournament Implemented!

A WWII-themed idea:

The Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere

rsz_800px-hakkoichiu10sen.jpg

"In 1940, the Empire of Japan declared its intention to create a "bloc of Asian nations led by the Japanese and free of Western Powers." It is now your duty to realize that goal. Unify (read: plunder) the continent, conquer the Pacific, and bring defeat to all those who stand in your way."

Total Players: 36

Round 1: "Asia for the Asians"

Map: Far East Asia

6 matches, 6 players each

Team: Singles
Objective: Mercenary
Escalate, Path, One
(6 players advance)

Round 2: Strike Swiftly!

Map: The Philippines

3 matches, 3 players each

Objective: Assassin
Escalate, Path, One
(2 players advance)

Round 3: Conquer the Sleeping Giant!

Map: USA

1 match, 2 players
Objective: Standard
Escalate, Path, One
(1 winner)

Last edited:

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
I suppose... when it comes to a No-Reinforcements tourney, this is how I'd approach it...

Since the early game tends to run a bit slow, even on Escalate, and can easily stalemate for quite awhile, I would do less than the average number of matches, with more than the average number of players, just to keep things moving along. Team games make for an interesting dynamic in No-Reinforce... and regions with special bonuses become even more valuable than in an otherwise normal game.

Personally, I think it's more interesting to vary up the settings within each round of a tournament.

So, as an example:

1st round, a large game, preferably on a map with special regions.
2nd round, the "straight skill" match... a 2v2 on a map with no special regions.
3rd round, the dirty final round.

With details! ==>>

Stuck in the Mud I

rsz_21254276.jpg

Total Players: 64

Round 1: Now we're stuck in the Desert!?

Map: The Middle East

8 matches, 8 players each
Escalate, No-Reinforce
(8 players advance)

Round 2: Now we're stuck in the Jungle!?

Map: South America

2 matches, 4 players each
Team: Doubles
Escalate, No-Reinforce
(4 players advance)

Round 3: "Our ships just don't move that fast!"

Map: Classic Antiquus

1 match, 4 players
Escalate, No-Reinforce
(1 winner)

Stuck in the Mud II

rsz_hr-trench.jpg

Total Players: 64

Round 1: "Even in space, our ships just don't move that fast!"

Map: Mars

8 matches, 8 players each
Escalate, No-Reinforce
(8 players advance)

Round 2: Now we're stuck in the Snow!?

Map: North America

2 matches, 4 players each
Team: Doubles
Escalate, No-Reinforce
(4 players advance)

Round 3: Trench Warfare, at its worst...

Map: Cold War Europe

1 match, 4 players
Escalate, No-Reinforce
(1 winner)

Last edited:

ladynem

Awesome Player
Owl, I really like it that you name your rounds, your names are really nice! I 'stole' your idea to give names to them in the historical wars idea, although mine are more boring ;-)

ladynem

Awesome Player
Historical wars

histwars.jpg

Many wars have been fought through out the centuries.
Who can change history and win the historical wars?

Round 1 “Caesar”

We start centuries ago, when the Byzantine empire lay in the lands we now call the middle east. Who can assassinate the target and become the East-Roman Emperor?

Middle east (16 games) (=54 players)
Teams: Assassin
Reserves: escalate
Reinforcement allowance: 3
Reinforcement: border

Round 2 “Bon Voyage”
We jump to the times in which the voyages of Columbus lead to the colonization of the world. He couldn’t do it alone and neither can you. Doubles it is!

Antiquus (2 games) (=16 players)
Players: 8
Teams: Doubles
Reserves: Escalite
Reinforcement: path
Force: fixed

Round 3 “Unity”
On to more recent history, the time when lot´s of people waited for the bomb to fall. Who will be able to unite Europe?

Cold war (1 game) (=4 players)
Reserves: Escalite
Reinforcement: everywhere

Last edited:

OwlCraft

Awesome Player
I'd join that :D

(Also, I think I might cool it on the ideas for awhile... name me any random topic, and I'll give you a dozen pages worth of naval-gazing spam :vollkommenauf:)

Last edited:

ladynem

Awesome Player
Lol, same here. I really enjoy making the logos btw! Great way to toy around a bit.
Master, many tournaments & ideas now, shall we stop spamming our ideas for a while? ;-)

marc369

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Anyone fancy lending a hand with a banner? Can I just pull one off the web?

masterjskye

CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Pull one off the web, and if you think it needs work done (writing added etc) just post it up here and I'll take care of it. I will get round to making all that have been posted btw, just cooling it off for just now since we have a lot of tournies atm.