• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Roadmap - New Server

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
SEPT 26 Update

• Today we uploaded a new frontend.
Previously we were running an Angular UI on a PHP website using iframe. This was a "hack" that kept thing alive but isn't really proper, so it caused some issues.

We now have our Angular UI is running natively on the game pages without the use of iframe. The result should be an uber fast and smooth switching between your game lists, game searches, and the game page. Basically, every URL that is displayed on /beta has improved.

There are still some old PHP pages on the site (scoreboard, clans, settings, and profile pages). They were not prioritized, so they are still in the old php format, and are probably a bit sluggish to load. When we have time and money, we will get to them. But the game pages were our top priority.

Other fixes/improvements deployed today include:
  • Added turn clock to game list
  • Added game number to game list
  • Game Chatter messages now update in real-time
  • Fixed blank screen after sending message from inbox
  • Fixed "More Filter" page when searching for games
  • Disabled annoying popup notification when game-page loads
  • A couple other minor fixes
Rollbacks:
  • The turn indicator on the dogtag was temporarily removed because it only works with the old PHP pages. We need to create a new connection between the new Angular UI and the database to make this work again. I decided to push this release without the turn indicator because, well, time and money. You'll just have to scroll down to your game list to see which games have a turn. This is also a good exercise for your mouse scrolling fingers. You can thank me later.
As always, please post any issues you discover before.

Thanks and have fun!
Love the new turn clock. And yes, the site does seem faster!

Looking good, Sheriff!

-MTH

MNatt

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
Seems to be running fine - all good so far - noticeably faster.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Me sooooo happy,good job guys.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
It is fast...good work.

blee

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Awesome! Thanks.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I can't login to play games on ANY browser. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, on every one it tells me "Invalid userid/password combination".

Dead in the water here...

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
Hmmm.. when i click the link to the site it gors to this. Then I have to go into the forum and then click on games tab to get to my games. Is that how it is supposed to work?

1695760113355.png

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
@Tankiteasy , I found that games are accessed through the beta tab. As to a glitch I found that when an email is sent, words appear that it did not send as it it may be a duplicate, but I found that the emails do actually send when I looked in the sent

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
@Cardinalsrule , I found that to log in successfully you need to log in like normal and then, even though it says invalid, hit refresh and you are in, and maybe log out on other devices like phone (I did that but not sure if I needed to). I used firefox by the way so hopefully it works for you.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I can't login to play games on ANY browser. Tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, on every one it tells me "Invalid userid/password combination".

Try crtl+shift+r or PM me your password and let me try.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
@Tankiteasy , I found that games are accessed through the beta tab. As to a glitch I found that when an email is sent, words appear that it did not send as it it may be a duplicate, but I found that the emails do actually send when I looked in the sent
@Cardinalsrule , I found that to log in successfully you need to log in like normal and then, even though it says invalid, hit refresh and you are in, and maybe log out on other devices like phone (I did that but not sure if I needed to). I used firefox by the way so hopefully it works for you.
@Cardinalsrule @Tankiteasy

Yeah, try what Daniel7 suggested. I can't say for sure, but it's probably just something to do with cache or cookies or something. Once you're in, you're in. I encountered some one-time glitches too that never returned again.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Man, lots of weird display glitches now. What Daniel said worked, but the display is wonky af.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Man, lots of weird display glitches now. What Daniel said worked, but the display is wonky af.

Let me know if any are persistent, and if they are, give me the specifics. Thanks.

EDIT: Glad you're in :)

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Can you explain what you mean? Nothing has changed in a week.
same old, same old, game freezes, hit refresh, rinse and repeat . . . to be fair, the issue is not as universal as it used to before before the changeover ... but, after the change over it was not an issue at all and now it seems to be creeping back again.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Let me know if any are persistent, and if they are, give me the specifics. Thanks.

EDIT: Glad you're in :)
what i get for a couple of secs is this helicopter load screen when i go to beta tab or open a game. it is usually fast after that, but this always takes a moment, 2-4secs?, so overall i am not sure speed is faster for me than it was before. not a big deal & sth i will get used to, just mentioning it.

1695796904234.png

Stormcat

Awesome Player
One small thing I'm noticing is when I leave a game tab open and return to it later, it appears to have been updating (it shows the correct player's turn, actions up to current, etc) and the clock appears to be running, but the clock is not really completely updating and staying accurate. It can say it's so-and-so's turn and they have 13 hours left, but once I refresh the page the clock updates and it might be 7 hours or whatever

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

ugh, everything works great for me...