• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are an existing player, please log in:   LOG IN
    If you are new to Major Command and would like to play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:   SIGN UP

• current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

Roadmap - New Server

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Great to see progress is being made. Keep pushing Sheriff!

As for the scoreboard, go with whatever's easiest. If down the road we have options I do agree that a legacy or all-time scoreboard would be nice, with everyone up there. Perhaps that one could show a player's highest ever score. I also really like the idea of seasons and seasonal resets, with special achievements and prizes associated. Maybe players could have 2 types of points under that system - seasonal and persistent, with each game rewarding or deducting both on every game.

If you wanted to go crazy with it, "points" could be rewarded in many different categories, depending on the type of games you win, such as "tournament points", "Classic Massive points", "Fixed Force points" etc. All could run simultaneously, and you would be able to see who is the best at each speciality with scoreboard tabs for each. I for one would find that very interesting.

Last edited:

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Celebrity sighting...Didn't know where to post...
That's me on the left...
That's one way to make sure no one sits next to you on the bus...

-MTH

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Nobody sits next to me anyways...
I have a lot of friends who are Leafs fans -- they've all said the same... lol

-MTH

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Okay. Thanks for pointing out these issues. @Stormcat @bilsi @Daniel7

• Profile Page
    • Yes, it seems that the friends list and medals are not showing. Good catch. I will get them to look at this next week. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it should not be too hard to fix, I hope! Thanks.

• Inbox
    • This one is a bit tricky. I had an issue with my inbox too a few months ago. Marcos seems to think that it was because there were too many messages trying to load at the same time. He fixed my inbox by removing all the "sent" messages, and it works now. But this is just a temporary fix.
      • I can either remove all your sent messages, and see if that helps
      • or you can wait until we figure out a better solution
      • or you can use the private conversation feature in the forum
    • This is also tricky because:
      • it affects all players once their messages get to a certain amount (we think)
      • and the inbox is on an old php page which needs to be recoded to Angular, so any changes or fixes to this php page would not be the best use of time and money, since the whole page is going to be rewritten at some point anyway.
    • either way, let me know. thanks.
both scoreboard links are directing to the same page but searching a player doesn't work.

Not Found​

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at www.majorcommand.com Port 80

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
REALLY late to the party! Just joined back in after too long of a hiatus.

Medals, no medals. Points, no points. Scoreboard, no Scoreboard. I'm just looking for the mayhem of good games, great players, and an endless supply of it. I'm happy tp be back, and happy to see progress is still being made. Thanks guys.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Medals, no medals. Points, no points. Scoreboard, no Scoreboard. I'm just looking for the mayhem of good games, great players, and an endless supply of it. I'm happy tp be back, and happy to see progress is still being made. Thanks guys.

CHEF IS IN THE HOUSE !!!

Popcorn_Recipes_with_The_Swedish_Chef_The_Muppets.gif

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

Welcome back smitty...

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
have we reverted back to the old server? I'm back to having to do a lot of refreshing to be able to progress with my turn ???

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
have we reverted back to the old server? I'm back to having to do a lot of refreshing to be able to progress with my turn ???

Can you explain what you mean? Nothing has changed in a week.

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
It happened to me too, with the 12 domains 1v1 map, it froze and I had to refresh many times, it's exasperating

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
It happened to me too, with the 12 domains 1v1 map, it froze and I had to refresh many times, it's exasperating

Is it with every game, or just certain games, and does it happen every day, or just certain times of day?

-LionHeart-

Awesome Player
Kickstarter
It happened to me in a real-time game, on the 12 domain map, that it was very difficult for me to finish the game, since it froze, delayed, and the clock and synchronization were somewhat crazy.
I can't tell you if it happens in other games, or at certain specific times,
By the way, I don't know how the points won or lost are going to be counted now since September 15, since in the archived games tab the last completed games are still not archived, which at least for me this was very appreciated, and I I was pleased and wanted to be able to see the finished games archived.
Thank you for the attention and the work you do

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I would definately vote for a fresh start. The existing higher ranked players got where they are by winning. Why wouldn't they be enthusiastic to prove themselves once again? What are they really losing, prestige from days gone by? And, I would think for the most part, that those players would not be so selfish so as not to agree to start anew along with a Legacy of historical points for all to view.
Hi, are you me? Very well put. Fuck history.

edsdad

Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Some of us have been around for a long time and I'm ready to move on. Let's have a fresh start.

BadKarma

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Kickstarter
Looks good.

One problem I’ve found is the donations tab wrapped to the second level. It’s right in the way of the most used button in the game (begin turn/end assault/reinforce/end turn, etc).
- this has created a UX issue that’s easily fixed.

the second issue is the turn indicator at the top was removed. Recommend putting that back to keep players from having to scroll down to see if we need to make a move.

Last edited:

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Where did the turns tab go?
Something is amiss...
Why is there a red circle with a white A in my browser tab? Should be an M...
At least the home tab and beta tab show different screens...
Looks like beta tab is where you look.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
SEPT 26 Update

• Today we uploaded a new frontend.
Previously we were running an Angular UI on a PHP website using iframe. This was a "hack" that kept thing alive but isn't really proper, so it caused some issues.

We now have our Angular UI is running natively on the game pages without the use of iframe. The result should be an uber fast and smooth switching between your game lists, game searches, and the game page. Basically, every URL that is displayed on /beta has improved.

There are still some old PHP pages on the site (scoreboard, clans, settings, and profile pages). They were not prioritized, so they are still in the old php format, and are probably a bit sluggish to load. When we have time and money, we will get to them. But the game pages were our top priority.

Other fixes/improvements deployed today include:
  • Added turn clock to game list
  • Added game number to game list
  • Game Chatter messages now update in real-time
  • Fixed blank screen after sending message from inbox
  • Fixed "More Filter" page when searching for games
  • Disabled annoying popup notification when game-page loads
  • A couple other minor fixes
Rollbacks:
  • The turn indicator on the dogtag was temporarily removed because it only works with the old PHP pages. We need to create a new connection between the new Angular UI and the database to make this work again. I decided to push this release without the turn indicator because, well, time and money. You'll just have to scroll down to your game list to see which games have a turn. This is also a good exercise for your mouse scrolling fingers. You can thank me later.
As always, please post any issues you discover before.

Thanks and have fun!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Where did the turns tab go?
Something is amiss...
Why is there a red circle with a white A in my browser tab? Should be an M...
At least the home tab and beta tab show different screens...
Looks like beta tab is where you look.

Thanks. The A is the default icon for Angular, which is our new frontend. I guess the old icon didn't carry over. I'll fix it the next chance I get. Thanks.