• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Music Recommendations / Current Fav's

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
I've got an eclectic taste that most of you wouldn't like lol. Raised on jazz as my dad plays the saxaphone, listened(and still do) to classic rock through high school, love bluegrass, and was seriously into the hippie thing for years, so I love jambands.

talk to Bado.. he and i both have very diverse tastes in music.. a little of this, lots of that.. some of this, some of that. broad spectrum musical lovers we both are.. and wow, what a random response to give you. :p

what or whom rather, is your favorite 'jam band'?? :)

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
me as well orb. i was big into jam bands thru school. the standards though - blues traveler, widespread panic and the dead. Really, I still listen to old phish sometimes, and thats about it. and of course the dead

Mikhel

Awesome Player
Kalmah, Killswitch Engage, August Burns Red, All that Remains, In Flames, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth, Light this City, The Agonist, Parkside Drive

RjBeals

Map Commander
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
you forgot Opeth

Here's me with one of my idols. Mikael Åkerfeldt

me-mike.jpg

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I'd say Phish is my all-time fav jamband, but it's not a runaway, the dead (and any band Phil or Bobby have put together after), tea leaf green, string cheese incident, hot buttered rum, perpetual groove, railroad earth, the slip... I could go on for a while, all have spent time at #1, typically during and right after I see them live. Live music is where it's at. Spent quite a few years following bands around the country.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Have you heard Umphreys McGee? My buddy who is a music nerd swears by them.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
yep, I believe they were at a small festival I went to a few years ago. Forgot to mention Moe. one of my favs. I've lost count of how many festivals I've been to, Moe. Down, gathering of the vibes for like 6 years, bonnaroo... pretty much if it's a jamband that has played in public in the last decade or so, I've probably seen them haha

Last edited:

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I went to Berkfest for 3 years. Did you go there? Thats really the only festival i've been too.. unfortunately.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I went to Berkfest for 3 years. Did you go there? Thats really the only festival i've been too.. unfortunately.

yep, I went one year, man that was a while ago. I remember a bunch of us getting dropped off on some back road, then hiking over the ski mountain to get in free, haha. The rest is kinda a blur, although I vaguely remember STS9 being there.

acaminante

Awesome Player
I grew up listening to punk rock so power chords will always have a place in my shriveled heart - Op Ivy, Dead Kennedys, Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Misfits Descendants - but nowadays it's much more eclectic. I grew me some big ears, but I still haven't found any of that good underground polka.

I've seen Opeth and In Flames. If you like them you might like Huntress. I hate how in metal shows I always get stuck behind the headbanger who constantly whips you in the face with his sweat-drenched long hair. There are only a few situations in life where you want to taste another person's sweat and that's just not one of them.

If you are into comics you might know who Jim Mahfood is - check out the Beat Bee Sessions for the cosmic chalice of funk/punk/hip hop/rock/reggae/jazz.

allurbass

Awesome Player
I've got an eclectic taste that most of you wouldn't like lol. Raised on jazz as my dad plays the saxaphone, listened(and still do) to classic rock through high school, love bluegrass, and was seriously into the hippie thing for years, so I love jambands.

One of the best music stations on sirius/xm is jam on. I love that shiz! phish, string cheese, and the dead. Keeps me rollin down the road with a smile on my face.

nagerous

Awesome Player
Listen to Deerhunter's new album Halcyon Digest, especially the song Helicopter, fantastic song and even more impacting if you read the story related to the song:

nagerous

Awesome Player
Never heard of this before but I know ONE song by Hot Chip and I love it so I'm gonna check it out.

Yeah Hot Chip are pretty rocking, quite a cool remix of the Gorillaz song. Best Hot Chip songs are Ready for the floor, One Pure Thought, Boy From School and Over and Over. Awesome band.