• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajorCommand vs. Landgrab Cross Site Tournament?

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
I'm sorry I don't understand the point system here yet. Would playing fewer games help? One other thought I had was to play tie-breakers over at Conquer Club.

Flagg is just referring to the fact that when i a high ranking player loses to a low ranking player, they lose more points than if they lost to another high ranker. So all the LG folks here to play games would be low ranking players, as they are just starting out.

Anyways, its not a big deal and those who can't afford to lose some points won't take up MajCom's banner. We can then throw tomatoes at them.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
I only want two kinds of players on my side:
1. Those with some skin in the game. If you don't care, you won't fight to the death.
2. Those who are certain, as I am, that team MajCom won't be giving up points to team Ass Grab.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I'll be on your team, Shep..... The people who have lined up so far, like Andraste, KungFu, and others, are players I'd be happy to play alongside.

GKahn

Awesome Player
I notice newbies can't join team games. How many games do we need to play to join a team game? I am thinking a few games 1 on 1, 2 on 2, and 3 on 3. To me 4 on 4 starts to get a little unwieldy but am open to suggestions.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I don't think we're talking about RT games Fitz, that would be a bit much to coordinate. As far as CC, I'm not intimidated by the talent, I just have little use for the uh, "culture" there. I prefer friendly and upbeat, which can still be found at LG, and MC has pretty much perfected.

I agree, CC is a big place with many cultures, and trust me, Ive spent quite a bit of time fighting some of the negative ones. Ive also on occasion been one, but yes, real time games obviously wouldnt work. The home advantage is near 100%

In any case, I saw flagg posting, and Im sure hed love to represent majcom with a class massive doubles, and I already have an account there, if they need me to beat them there too. :)

As far as the possibility of losing points...well...Robinette would be most thankful if the unthinkable happened anyways...

and maybe her damn pms about being so close and so far away from my score would end ;)

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Thanks for the compliment Fitz - If you are by my side - I will fight.

Listen - throw tomatoes at me if you want.

But seriously - when a new player joins this site they start with a low ranking - I think 1000? They may be beginners. They may be AWESOME. That is a chance you take. And I fully realize that I can, and have, lost to brand new players. However I think it is fair to say that EVERYONE that plays in this tournament from LandGrab is going to be a great player. And they will all have beginner rankings over here. As Map pointed out - you would probably have to win 10 games, to one loss to keep your score in tact.

I never 'plan' to lose a game. But to win 100% of the time is an unrealistic goal. I could care less about my score over there. I also do not want to be hurting players scores over there. That would not be fair either.

------------------------------

I think PRIDE should be enough in cross site play. I think we could have a fun chat threat going at the same time (like this one).

If you REALLY NEED to put points in this.........just make it fair. How about something like 10 points for a win, 10 points for a loss for 1x1. Perhaps in a multi player game 5 points for each player beaten, 10 for losing. I am sure that Evan can program something fair, and outside the standard point system at Major command.

I think all the people that represent MAJOR COMMAND are standing up to fight together and the site should be proud to have these high ranking, excellent players representing them.

Is it fair that everyone of these great warriors will lose points for their efforts????????

FLAGG

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Scores go up and scores go down but a Tour Of Duty Ribbon is forever! Bring on the bling!

kows

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society
first thing I hear about the other sites, only knew MC till now :p
guess I'll check out LG one of these days as I'd like to represent MC ;o

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Flagg, you're right, our production team could code any scoring system you could ever imagine. However, as has already been stated, we're not going to over-complicate this thing, that would include writing new code for a simple forum tournament. There's also quite a sizable backlog of bugfixes and features to implement, have you taken a look at the suggestion forum lately?

I'll say it one more time, this is a simple Forum organized tournament, we are not going to use production time on it. If people are not wiling to risk the points, then they shouldn't participate.
If however, you are a confident and brave MajCom warrior, I encourage you to take part. As Bado eluded to, there will be untold fame and riches awaiting us!!

kobal_braveheart460.jpg

(Disclaimer: you may have your abdomen cut open and your innards pulled out in front of you while still alive)

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar

mapguy

Awesome Player
I'm sorry I don't understand the point system here yet. Would playing fewer games help? One other thought I had was to play tie-breakers over at Conquer Club.
Kahn, you just gave me an idea that would fix the problem that I brought up. Why don't we just play all of the games at CC ?

I can understand the pride that we all have towards our own Home Sites, and I would love to show others from over there all of our lovely maps. I am sure that they feel the same, so why don't we (after this turny is over) invite each other to join us as partners in some team games on each others Home Sites ?

There is a built-in advantage and incentive here, as we will be partnering with Generals disguised as Privates. So in essence we turn this handicapping disparagy into an advantage. And at the same time, we are able to give a personal introduction to our own Home Sites. :beers:

Last edited:

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
As far as the possibility of losing points...well...Robinette would be most thankful if the unthinkable happened anyways...
and maybe her damn pms about being so close and so far away from my score would end ;)

Looks like Fitz is starting to feel the pressure, lol... psych

Seriously though... what a great idea...
too bad i'm such a lousy team player, this would have been fun...

wait... i've won over half of the 6p doubles games over there at CC...
so maybe i could hold my own afterall, who knows, lol

hey... stop laughing... i know what you're thinking...
you're thinking i've only played a handful of team games,
well i'll have know, i have played a full 2 DOZEN of them! :)

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Kahn, you just gave me an idea that would fix the problem that I brought up. Why don't we just play all of the games at CC ?

facepalm.jpg

mapguy

Awesome Player
My idea IS genius, but it may take a genius to recognize it. lol.

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Why not have mixed doubles...

mapguy

Awesome Player
Why not have mixed doubles...
Yes, this is what I am talking about, but it may be useful if we first get to know each other a bit on a neutral battlefield like CC.

It makes perfect sense to play Us -v- Them on a neutral battlefield, and then "mixed doubles and triples on each others Home Sites.

We would all receive one on one instruction on each others Sites, and would go a far ways to promote a little comradery. It could even be the start of a cross-site Clan Wars.

Last edited:

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
"Scores go up and scores go down but a Tour Of Duty Ribbon is forever! Bring on the bling!" - Andreste

----------------

So why not just pay for Ribbons and Pride??? Scores will ONLY go down for Major Command people that enter this tournament...........would any of you enter a tournament on this site (which I enter just about all of) - if the reward was that you got a "Ribbon" for a 500 point loss in points?

---------------

OR - Perhaps you could validate the people from LandCross and start them with a higher point total - if they have a high win percentage over there.

--------------

If the points are not equalized I am OUT. Good luck to all.......

Perhaps I will jump in a year down the line, when the better landgrab player have higher, deserved, ratings over here.......

FLAGG

Borgified

Awesome Player
MapGuy, you mean well, and you're trying hard not to lose points, I understand. But really the point of this torunament is to bring the MajorCommand and LandGrab Communites together and to play on each other's sites. Neither of our sties has much love for CC and we don't want to participate in actions that would help CC. Having the whole tournament at CC, would be bringing them all this business and games and activity that they don't deserve.

Both of our sites have been pissed on by CC in one way or another. Badorties has been threatened that he'll be banned if he mentions MajorCommand again, I have been lifetime banned because of several posts defending LandGrab and the last straw that got me banned was that I made a post basically saying "Brian, see what happens when you don't bother to update your old game platform? MajorCommand Happens." BANNED.

So like just about everyone else has already said, if you're that worried about your points, no one is making you play. Badorties has said he will probably award those who participate from MajorCommand with bonus points if you guys win the tournament so that should take care of anything you lose.

Last edited:

mapguy

Awesome Player
MapGuy, you mean well, and you're trying hard not to lose points, I understand. But really the point of this torunament is to bring the MajorCommand and LandGrab Communites together and to play on each other's sites. Neither of our sties has much love for CC and we don't want to participate in actions that would help CC.

Both of our sites have been pissed on by CC in one way or another. Badorties has been threatened that he'll be banned if he mentions MajorCommand again, I have been lifetime banned because of several posts defending LandGrab and the last straw that got me banned was that I made a post basically saying "Brian, see what happens when you don't bother to update your old game platform? MajorCommand Happens." BANNED.

So like just about everyone else has already said, if you're that worried about your points, no one is making you play. Badorties has said he will probably award those who participate from MajorCommand with bonus points if you guys win the tournament so that should take care of anything you lose.
Borg, Don't you see the irony here. We will be using CC (like our bitch), NOT promoting it.
Also if we do it my way we will be accomplishing the goal of bringing Landgrab and Major com. players together, and playing on each others sites. Please reread my last couple of posts again. But look at it from a different perspective. One that is using CC like the bitch that she is lol.

FYI- I too have less than fond feeling for CC, (the Foundry in particular). I migrated over here just over a year ago to help this site grow, and to hopefully get into some map-making. MC has stolen the best Map-Makers from CC, and they have produced some really fine maps here. But alas it seems that they do not want any one else (at least right now) to join their artistic brotherhood. However, my spirits have recently been raised. ... as I have found a site that does. :driver:

Last edited:

Badorties

O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
THere will be no games played at CC, Mapguy, if you can't risk the points, don't join, simple, end of story. Stop complicating this shit.