• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajorCommand vs. Landgrab Cross Site Tournament?

Borgified

Awesome Player
A member of our forum had suggested a Cross-Site Tournament where we'd first play a certain number of games at MajorCommand, and then play a certain number of games at LandGrab.

They started out suggesting a CC vs. LandGrab Tournament but I suggested it be a MajorCommand vs. LandGrab one because you guys are cooler :thrasher: It can even have all 3 sites involved if you like. The Tournament Organizer on LandGrab is G. Kahn but we'd certainly need an organizer from MajorCommand too.

What do you guys think? Does anyone want to take part? Any volunteers to be the MajorCommand organizer for the tournament?

Anyways, here's the thread so please feel free to post there as well: http://landgrab.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10893

I will now paste the link of this thread over there as well to allow them to post here (many members of LandGrab, are over here).
Thanks for considering!

GKahn

Awesome Player
Yeah, what do you guys and girls think? On LG you can play up to 4 games at a time without paying so we thought however it is set up no one would have to exceed those # of games. I'm thinking something along the lines of pitting the best (available) players from each site against each other. If there is alot of interest we could do a Division 1, 2, ect..

Play maps that are common to both sites or? Settings? I have never even set up a tournament so have no idea where to begin.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Sounds like a great idea Borg. Not sure about CC though, they can be quite defensive. I've been told I would be banned over there for mentioning MajCom. Not like I play there anyways.

But yeah, I would put our MajCom officers against anyone any day.

Borgified

Awesome Player
Sounds like a great idea Borg. Not sure about CC though, they can be quite defensive. I've been told I would be banned over there for mentioning MajCom. Not like I play there anyways.
But yeah, I would put our MajCom officers against anyone any day.
I'm so glad to hear it Badorties :beer:
GKahn will get our slate of players organized and signed up for accounts at MajorCommand. He will post updates in this thread. We hope to meet you in battle soon!

GKahn

Awesome Player
hey that's great. We gotta work with someone to get the tournament rules down, players together and I'd like to play at least 1 test game here before going at it. With the holidays approching perhaps we can shoot for sometime early next year. One downside I see is that we have players all over the world and 24hrs may be limiting?

MrBenn

Awesome Player
hey that's great. We gotta work with someone to get the tournament rules down, players together and I'd like to play at least 1 test game here before going at it. With the holidays approching perhaps we can shoot for sometime early next year. One downside I see is that we have players all over the world and 24hrs may be limiting?

It's only an issue with RT (real-time) games. Casual-pace games work with players from round the world with relative ease.

GKahn

Awesome Player
It's only an issue with RT (real-time) games. Casual-pace games work with players from round the world with relative ease.

Right, I mentioned the 24 hr timers cuz I usually go with 36 hr or longer timers. With work, family, sleep and weekends I don't want to skip a turn

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
casual is best for sure.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Hey, this is a cool idea, thanks for stopping over fellas :) I used to play a lot of RT over on LG before I ended up here, it's a great site with some great people. I can't commit to being in charge over here, but I'll certainly participate.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Bado, any chance we could set up a Clan for the LG guys?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
One quick thing to mention is that we have at least 3 Forum organized tournaments running right now, along with 8 in our official automated Tournament system, with 2 waiting to fill with players. So it might take a little while for us to rustle up players and someone to organize on our end. Shooting for the beginning of the new year like someone mentioned should be plenty of time.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Id love the chance myself.. Only played a few games there, but they were fun enough.

Ill assume to be fair we have to set up some games here, and some there??? Further to be fair, I think the maps and settings should be set up in advance, and some time to at least try them out by all parties would be nice to make it challenging and not just luck???

Personally, Id love a crack at denizen games too, if its still around.

As far as CC goes though...to be fair, they really do have a rather large talent pool to choose from...and if it was real time games...CC vs MC... the speeders would absolutely demo everyone. I have yet to find anyone quite as fast with these real time games in here, though Im sure there are a few, but in CC, Im not sure Id be in the top 30. Thats hard to know though.....what I do know, is just to keep up, it takes everything I have...and at my age, usually I little caffeine to boot.

Last edited:

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Maybe taking a chance here would bring me back to life?

It sounds great - I have never actually played on any other site :p

Might learn something new and win back my place eh?

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
I don't think we're talking about RT games Fitz, that would be a bit much to coordinate. As far as CC, I'm not intimidated by the talent, I just have little use for the uh, "culture" there. I prefer friendly and upbeat, which can still be found at LG, and MC has pretty much perfected.