• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajorCommand vs. Landgrab Cross Site Tournament?

mapguy

Awesome Player
Don't we still have that other site still set up that is used for testing. Can't we somehow use it for this turny ?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
sent you a message with my screen name there, soontodie.

Mapguy, I don't think that Bado et al. would want to use dev.majorcommand for a tourney - It's used mostly for new map and site features development and testing...

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
Dang, you guys are posting too fast, lol. I'm glad I refreshed before suggesting to Cards that this would be a perfect opportunity to enlist the help of some LG vets.

Soontodie, you guys have something crazy, like over a thousand maps right? I'm sure you could pick some that none of your players have played.

Another note to anyone reading, there is a bit of a learning curve at LG, but a lot of it comes from the huge amount of game options they have. I think our two sites can get along so well because we do things pretty drastically differently. Each site doesn't feel threatened by the other, cause we're doing our own thing. We're so different at this point, I could honestly see people being premium on both, especially if you play a lot, it's not like it's a ton of money.

Shepherd

Studio Production Manager
CentCom
O.G.
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
the Dev site isn't stable... because it's being used for Development. Not a good option.

Cards, I wasn't thinking we needed to use the same new map for both sites, as that would be a drag. I think this is an opportunity for the two sites to put their best foot forward, and as such I'd propose that each side pick the map that they think best represents what they're about.

GKahn

Awesome Player
I joined LG (grunt class or whatever they call it) and joined 4 games to try to figure out their site manipulations, so I think when this is ready, I'll be up for it.
After joining 4 games and taking 1 turn, I have to say that MC is much easier to just 'jump in' and understand, there's more to navigate and figure out over there in order to play. I can't find some info over there, like, for example, I can't figure out how to make the map display with the continent names & values (the "Brief" tab here). I'm in a game on their Ireland map and have NO idea what the continent next to me is called or what its worth.....

Since they have a map virtually identical to the MC Classic Evolved map, I would suggest that the tournament be held on those maps. Lessens the learning curve drastically.

Yeah, I was thinking some of the games held on similar maps (at least to start) - get everyone familiar with the sites. Perhaps even do a test game on each. Then later we could throw some curve balls ;)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't think that my screen name over there will suprise anyone or be hard to figure out. A logical extension of Cardinalsrule (TWO WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONSHIPS IN THE LAST 6 YEARS!!!) is of course, CubsSuck!

I found Sheps game there and dropped out of one there that hadn't started yet, so I'm in that one when it starts.....

mapguy

Awesome Player
sent you a message with my screen name there, soontodie.

Mapguy, I don't think that Bado et al. would want to use dev.majorcommand for a tourney - It's used mostly for new map and site features development and testing...
Just trying to come up with solutions rather than just throwing up my hands and saying So what if we loose points its all for fun. I am excited about the prospect of this idea, I just think that fixing the little problems is better than ignoring them.

mapguy

Awesome Player
I just started a Basic Game at LandGrab for any MC players who want to get their feet wet - it's called MajorCommanders Practice Game. How you'll actually find it is anybody's guess.
Can not find it.

soontodie

Awesome Player
Soontodie, you guys have something crazy, like over a thousand maps right? I'm sure you could pick some that none of your players have played.

Another note to anyone reading, there is a bit of a learning curve at LG, but a lot of it comes from the huge amount of game options they have. I think our two sites can get along so well because we do things pretty drastically differently. Each site doesn't feel threatened by the other, cause we're doing our own thing. We're so different at this point, I could honestly see people being premium on both, especially if you play a lot, it's not like it's a ton of money.

There are something like 1500 maps, but the majority of them are not very good. And I agree, I think that this would be good for both communities

soontodie

Awesome Player
i just created a game and invited shephard, cubssuck and orbotron. Any others that wish to join, just let me know. If you cannot figure out how to join the game, also let me know.

mapguy

Awesome Player
i just created a game and invited shephard, cubssuck and orbotron. Any others that wish to join, just let me know. If you cannot figure out how to join the game, also let me know.
I am mapguy over there.

soontodie

Awesome Player
you should have an invite on the LG home screen. Let me know if you do not see it

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
can't join that game, soon. I'm already at my limit of 4 :(

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
there seem to be some cool features over there, but one I noticed that I don't like much... You can get an entire continent (command) on the drop.... One of the players in the Ireland game I joined got one.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I do very much like the additional options for "casual" game turn lengths, though. They have 12 hours, 18 hours, 36 hours, and probably others that I didn't see. I'd like to see those options put in here eventually, if Evan ever catches up.....

KLeonidas

Awesome Player
I want in....The interest seems to be here.

I've joined one game here to help learn the interface. Maybe a player in my game will help me along. So far the maps are very impressive looking. I've taken a roundabout tour. Photos of Winters and Puller score big points with me.

KLeonidas

Awesome Player
18 hour and twelve hour games are great when taking on 40 players on a big map. The problem comes near the end, when you'll be forced to take 2 turns a day. This can cause problems for some. Some people target these games for the stat bumps ,because if you can take your turns, your going to do well with a good start.

soontodie

Awesome Player
there seem to be some cool features over there, but one I noticed that I don't like much... You can get an entire continent (command) on the drop.... One of the players in the Ireland game I joined got one.

You can but your first turn you still only get the 3 reinforcements. Is there an algorithm here that prevents that?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
You can but your first turn you still only get the 3 reinforcements. Is there an algorithm here that prevents that?

yes, you can't drop an entire command here.