• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajorCommand vs. Landgrab Cross Site Tournament?

soontodie

Awesome Player
this reminds me of when my daddy used to smack me upside the head with a rolled us national geographic

FLAGG

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
WOW! Bado just laid down the law on that response. No options will be considered.......I think Mapguy and I were just trying to offer some ideas. It is not a matter of 'risking' point. It is a matter of 'definitely losing' points. BUT - enough said.

As I said earlier - I am OUT. My issues have been stated. No regrets. Good luck in the tournament to all of you.

I have tons of fun and great games on this site, and will continue to do so. Look forward to continued GREAT GAMES with all of you!

FLAGG

GKahn

Awesome Player
Badorties,

borgified indicated you are the one to talk to about setting up this tournament. Orbotron seems to be heavily involved as well. On LG's side I'll be involved (although I have never set up a tournament this is my brainchild) and I am trying to recruit soontodie (std) as I believe he has lots of experience. I have been updating the top post at LG with some more up to date info and thoughts about how this might work: http://landgrab.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10893&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

So far it sounds like:
1. Use simpler and common maps and settings that are common (or as close as possible) across all sites
2. I am really against using CC for any games (except perhaps a tie-breaker) as well (unless they decide to participate)
3. LG is limited to 4 games at a time for non-paying players so I suggest no one from MC be scheduled for anything exceeding that
4. I have some other suggestions on the top thread listed above and am open to any ideas

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Gkahn, cool, I'll be in touch this evening then.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Happy to join in. Bado/Orbo, just point my rifle in the right direction.

Who the hell cares about your points? If you've earned your scoreboard rank, it will re-normalize itself eventually. That's the beauty of an ELO ranking system. Guess what? The LG folks will be putting whatever their ranks are at risk against us when we all show up there. Meh. Rank isn't everything.

Good luck LG folks. Looking forward to meeting you.

GKahn

Awesome Player

Who the hell cares about your points? If you've earned your scoreboard rank, it will re-normalize itself eventually. That's the beauty of an ELO ranking system. Guess what? The LG folks will be putting whatever their ranks are at risk against us when we all show up there. Meh. Rank isn't everything.

From what limited understanding I have of the ranking system on both sites I don't think we will be penalized for loosing (although I doubt that will happen anyway ;)) on our side as much as u guys (and girls) will on yours.

Good luck to you as well.

dave9992

Awesome Player

Hey Chilly. Totally agree with everything you said. Some people take their ranking to seriously. Its the same at LG. We have a lot of stat whores. There's lots of ways to artificially inflate your ranking by targeting Large 20+ player games and team games. Others like myself play for the fun of the battle against all comers in all game types. If your good your score will recover if it falls. Not sure if I will be involved with this, depends on how many LG players are required for this. Hope I am tho. :)

Good luck to all you MC guys. Had a couple of RT games over here. Its a fun site. Need to get used to all the diplomacy scheming that goes on. Thats a little different to what i'm used to.

Andraste

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
leah-brahms.jpg
One brown-nosing mainstream reporting for duty Captain:laugh:

Last edited:

MTR

Awesome Player
There's some pretty heavy discussion going on over here but I was just wondering when this cross-site tournament is going to happen

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I second (or third) what Chilly said..

Warrior Princess, who is that a picture of? Afraid I'm functionally illiterate...

you boss-types hopefully will give us a bit of warning on the games, I'm in 4 right now over there, so I need enough time to finish those before entering more...

Borgified

Awesome Player
I'll start a private password game for you guys here. One sec....
Orbotron,
I joined your 2nd Landgrabber game, thank you for making them as this really helps :)
Having fun over here so far :)

Last edited:

soontodie

Awesome Player
Hey borgie, ask the question in the chatter tab of that game. you can change anyone's color IIRC.

and to answer the other question. We are not looking to start this until after the holidays

GKahn

Awesome Player
I think soontodie is hosting a game over at LG for some of you MC players. I would be happy to do the same if there is any interest. Middle Earth map anyone?

And, yes, we are looking at doing this sometime after the New Year.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
My nickname over there is MC.Chilly

GKahn

Awesome Player
I'm going to start a Middle Earth game over at LG. Just let me know what your names are there and I will send an invite

Last edited:

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Are these all team games?