• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom League: September 2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Last edited by a moderator:

PITMAN212

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society

BeanZ

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Onyx - Classic M.I.N.I.

TYRO v BEANZ (1st)

YAY I've got a 100% win rate... until I lose multiple games that are almost over ;)

Onyx - Classic Evolved

BudH v BEANZ (1st)

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Because I was wondering, in spite of the leaderboard, who was really in the catbird seat. Turns out right now for the onyx league, it really is Namelochil. Namaelochil has gone 3-2 when going first, and 4-0 when going second. Nice! Though a case could be made that either Dorcee or Th-child are in a better position without a loss to their names.

And after 45 out of 121 games have been played in Onyx league, the player going first has won 32/45 games or approximately 71% of the time.

Feel free to download/use/update for any of the other leagues.

111e3da8cd0a24dc5c8b460493ac59cb.png

Attachments

• Majcom League.xlsx
    12.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Thanks, Chilly, good idea!

I did one for the bronze league, where a similarly diverse picture can be found, thuogh we have already finished considerably many more games than you on top :):

uoXVhgn.jpg

Attachments

• Majcom Bronze League.xlsx
    12.7 KB · Views: 69

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
Interesting, thank you both for the sheets. I was going to do something myself after this was all finished. They're still preliminary, but the results in bronze league so far confirm my suspicion that winning while going 2nd was going to drive winning overall.
I think adding two (or three) rows with overall_win%, win%while_going_1st, and win%while_going_2nd would be good - those are pretty useful metrics. I was also thinking of recording deploy size for each map and number of wins, then looking at how the win rate going first correlates with map size.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Interesting, thank you both for the sheets. I was going to do something myself after this was all finished. They're still preliminary, but the results in bronze league so far confirm my suspicion that winning while going 2nd was going to drive winning overall.
I think adding two (or three) rows with overall_win%, win%while_going_1st, and win%while_going_2nd would be good - those are pretty useful metrics. I was also thinking of recording deploy size for each map and number of wins, then looking at how the win rate going first correlates with map size.

I gotta admit, watching from a distance is fun. I ran some stats on Silver and deploy size does have a factor to play. But at 3 to deploy, does 12 domains and Nukes belong with classic mini ?

Being able to win while going 2nd is definitely going to be the winning factor. But winning while going 2nd on a small map requires less skill than winning on a larger map. Dice crap on a small map and it is difficult to come back from.

The overall winner will be those who can also win going 2nd on larger maps. For example, Cards and NDRM have 2nd turn wins on maps with 4 or 5 to deploy.

Status
Not open for further replies.