• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

MajCom League: September 2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubwayatNight

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
Joeguarin and I wanted to make sure we understand the tournament rules correctly. He and I already played a game on the South America map. Joe went first, and I won, which was reported on this thread yesterday. We're now playing together on the Cold War Europe map and Joe went first again. Does that mean the Cold War Europe game we're playing now is considered an "AWOL" game since he went first again? Does that mean we should make a new game with the Cold War settings until I go first?

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Bronze League:

Sebrim vs Derswick on Classic Evolved - Sebrim went first and Sebrim won!

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/272798/

Bronxźe League:

Forgotten Kingdom:
SEBRIM vs CARHUI (first)
Conflict: Africa:
SEBRIM vs. SPRINGSTEEN (first)
Classic Mini
SEBRIM vs. CAPTSWEATPANTS (first)

Bronze league
Sea of Japan
CAPTSWEATPANTS vs. SEBRIM (2nd)

Duck & Cover
CARHUI vs. SEBRIM (2nd)

Bronze league
Classic Massive
SEBRIM vs. IRONDUKE00 (1st)

even with a missed turn....

Bronze League
South America

SEEKTHETRUTH vs. SEBRIM (2nd)

Yay, first spot in the Bronze league! - for now...

Bronze League
Riavals of Rome
IRONDUKE00 v SEBRIM (2nd)

Bronze League
Middle East
SEBRIM vs. ROADDOG6369 (1st)

Last edited by a moderator:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Joeguarin and I wanted to make sure we understand the tournament rules correctly. He and I already played a game on the South America map. Joe went first, and I won, which was reported on this thread yesterday. We're now playing together on the Cold War Europe map and Joe went first again. Does that mean the Cold War Europe game we're playing now is considered an "AWOL" game since he went first again? Does that mean we should make a new game with the Cold War settings until I go first?

Yes, you should go first in your next game. Just send the game # of the game with Joe going first to Sheriff and he'll delete it.

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I haven't finished a game yet but I can say the two that I look to be winning while playing 2nd are due to ridiculous bad dice for my opponent and in one game some really good dice for me. And had one game where I was 2nd and had literally no chance to win before my 1st turn started. It might be too many games to deal with but playing everyone "home and away" on the same map would be a better indication of who played best overall. Going 2nd on the really big maps can be almost impossible to win without serious lucky dice.

I have to second everyone going both 1st and 2nd on each map played. I played Elmer, going 2nd on mini, and pulled a win out (with some luck). Now I'm going to get to go first in Japan where I believe the deploy is 7 - giving me a larger advantage than he had. Now it was random and should more or less even out, but I still think Packer is right that everyone going first and 2nd on each map would make the playing field even more level.

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society

ne4osu1970

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
I have to second everyone going both 1st and 2nd on each map played. I played Elmer, going 2nd on mini, and pulled a win out (with some luck). Now I'm going to get to go first in Japan where I believe the deploy is 7 - giving me a larger advantage than he had. Now it was random and should more or less even out, but I still think Packer is right that everyone going first and 2nd on each map would make the playing field even more level.

I will say i was confused in beginning thinking we played each person on each map twice with alternating who went first. In fact i am not sure i went first on the maps i was suppose to but made sure we alternate on second game played. I think the next time this is put on that maybe it be each map is played twice.

Masterjskye i think it is great what you are doing and don't want to take away anything from you setting this all up.

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I agree that it would be fairer to play twice on each map. So, thinking ahead to next season, I feel like asking people to play 44 games in one tourney is too much.. would you agree with me on that? So we'd probably be looking at an alternating schedule of 11 maps per season. It could work!

bouttreefiddy

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
I like the points idea for going first and 2nd. Here's an idea that would probably be too tough to pull off. Have a "confidence" rating for each game. With 22 games it could be something like you can rate each game 1-3 points based on how you think you will do. You would be allotted 7 votes each of 1 and 2 points and 8 votes for 3 points. Just because of math. ;)
So maybe you feel better about certain maps or you have had better luck against cardsrule - which is pretty much everyone on this site. *rimshot*

Interesting but complicated and a bit difficult for people to understand. I'm trying to keep this one from getting too deep in terms of rule complexity. Heh, anyone that played in the Metagame is probably thankful for that. It got crazy complex :]

SubwayatNight

Awesome Player
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I concur with all the points ne4osu1970 made, especially about setting this tourney up. But I was definitely confused at first.

Dalinar

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
I agree that it would be fairer to play twice on each map. So, thinking ahead to next season, I feel like asking people to play 44 games in one tourney is too much.. would you agree with me on that? So we'd probably be looking at an alternating schedule of 11 maps per season. It could work!

Yes, I'd say you might as well since so many of the maps are more or less the same. Far East Asia, the Middle East, Australia, Japan, classic evolved, and South America more or less play the same. In fact, I think Nukes, 12 domains, and Africa should all be in there every season because they do have interesting features that I think require more skill.

Also, maybe we could add another league and have leagues of 9-10 players. At the current numbers, each game basically has a side-bet of 80/22 ≈3.64 points per game (a little higher would be nice). Bumping it up to 5 leagues of 10 would let 6 more people play too.

risk68

Awesome Player
The Borg
Hey this league is great..... get to play every map twice against different opponents.,,, very well organized M..jskye. I already accept that player one will win 90 percent of the time but find it a challenge to try to overcome this... as Dalinar said "Nukes, 12 domains, and Africa" are fairly good two player games...
Thanks again for organizing and putting in your countless hours, it is appreciated and I am sure everyone realizes the amount of time and effort you put in to this...

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Yes, I'd say you might as well since so many of the maps are more or less the same. Far East Asia, the Middle East, Australia, Japan, classic evolved, and South America more or less play the same. In fact, I think Nukes, 12 domains, and Africa should all be in there every season because they do have interesting features that I think require more skill.

Also, maybe we could add another league and have leagues of 9-10 players. At the current numbers, each game basically has a side-bet of 80/22 ≈3.64 points per game (a little higher would be nice). Bumping it up to 5 leagues of 10 would let 6 more people play too.

I agree with Dalinar's thoughts here. I'd add Massive in every round, maybe alternate Mini and Ducks, alternate North America and Balkans.

xsb1977

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
Silver - risk68 vs xsb1977 - Map: Philippines - 1st: risk68 - Winner: xsb1977

https://www.majorcommand.com/games/273018/

Silver - xsb1977 vs trailblazer - Map: Australia - 1st: xsb1977 - Winner: xsb1977
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/272694/

Cold war Europe

XSB1977 v PITMAN212 (1st)

CLASSIC MASSIVE

XSB1977 v MVPOKER (1st)

DUCK & COVER
CAPTAINDANGER v XSB1977 (2nd)

XSB1977 v CAPTAINDANGER (1st)

NORTH AMERICA:
XSB1977 v BOUTTREEFIDDY (1st)

SOUTH AMERICA:

PITMAN212 v XSB1977 (2nd)

CLASSIC ANTIQUUS:

XSB1977 v JOEGUARIN (1st)

NUKES!:

JOEGUARIN v XSB1977 (2nd)

THE TWELVE DOMAINS:

JBRENNER01 v XSB1977 (2nd)

PackerHawkeye

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
Hey this league is great..... get to play every map twice against different opponents.,,, very well organized M..jskye. I already accept that player one will win 90 percent of the time but find it a challenge to try to overcome this... as Dalinar said "Nukes, 12 domains, and Africa" are fairly good two player games...
Thanks again for organizing and putting in your countless hours, it is appreciated and I am sure everyone realizes the amount of time and effort you put in to this...
It will be interesting to see the numbers at the end. I think it will be less than 90% but not a whole lot less.

CaptainDanger

Awesome Player
The Duellers Society

trailblazer

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Spaceballs

Springsteen