• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - New UI (6 / 2019)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
I remember having the same problem on my smartphone - once I tried on the computer, it worked, thuogh - strangely. And it was the same tert - 296, that didn't allow an attack

you are right sebrim!!! it works on a computer but not on my phone. i can not attack 296 at all from my phone :banghead: .....weird.

https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/351

ThunderChile

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
Is the development of the new engine abandoned? It's been almost half a year since anyone related has been active on this thread.

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Hi Team,

Just a quick question.
Would it be possible to have on the new UI the possibility to see how long we still have to end our turn just like we currently see under the "yellow TURN"

Thanks,
Hortik

Edman6

Awesome Player
The Canadian Club
I've been using HTML for years, but with Majcom I've had to take my turns using IE8; however, Beta is blank when I use IE8. If I switch over to Chrome, I can see the new interface which does seem a lot better. But I probably won't automatically check my system in Chrome when I have turns that come up, so hopefully they will show up in my existing games in IE8.
I'm taking you up on your offer that current Beta games will not affect my score, as I have a tendency to get into flat rate games that go over 100 rounds.

Edman6

Awesome Player
The Canadian Club
Casual
When I click to join a classic massive, it changes into a classic mini. Then I leave because I don't like that map.
Also I tried to join the nukes asassin game and it wouldn't let me.

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
When I clicked on a game - any game - it changed both the map and the settings. I went ahead and joined a 1x1 game just to see how the new interface looks and works. Nothing worked when using MS Edge, but it worked in Chrome. I was disappointed to discover that my luck wasn't any better in the new Beta environment; still lots of ice. :-(

Update: On Firefox the Beta version works just fine (even though the regular version does NOT work in Firefox). And on Internet Explorer the Beta tab will not open at all.

Last edited:

matildathehun

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
Not work in Safari 5.1.7 for PC -- but then, I'm not sure if it's supposed to...

I'll check it out in another browser at some point -- looking forward to it!

-MTH

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Why can't the regular game be in HTML?

TheBob

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
I really like the default setting of having territory names turned on. I like the flexibility of changing colors but I wish there were more shapes available. For those of us with some level of color blindness the shapes help a lot.

Keep up the great work!

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Casual
When I click to join a classic massive, it changes into a classic mini. Then I leave because I don't like that map.
Also I tried to join the nukes asassin game and it wouldn't let me.

Hi Edman,

Indeed seems like a bug. Any time I join a game, the map changes to Classic mini, howevere, the game is with the map as announced.
Not only the map changes, but some settings changed.

Before joining:
BEFORE JOINING.JPG

After joining:
AFTER JOINING.JPG

but than, in my games, we see the right settings again:
Mygames.JPG

Cheers,
Hortik

Last edited:

BroncoBlue89

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
Kickstarter
Further comments after taking a couple of turns: I like how fast the game loads, and that I don't have to keep "allowing" Flash. The color selection feature is more convenient. And I LOVE that you can hover your cursor over the cards you have earned and it highlights the terts on the map, saving a lot of wasted time trying to find them. The same is true on the the game Record page, making it much easier to see where players deployed, took and reinforced troops. I kinda miss having the rank icons next to players' names on the Intel page, but it's easy enough to click on the names to see the ranks, so it's not a big deal.

Overall I'm impressed with the look and feel of the new environment; there's just a few the little glitches mentioned above that need to be addressed. I'll post other comments if I come across anything new as I continue playing games in the Beta environment.

Update: Another thing I miss in the Beta version is being able to quickly see a game's remaining turn time without having to load the game.

Another update: I love that it shows how many deferred troops a player has who has missed one or more turns.

Also see the update to my previous post in this thread.

Last edited:

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I joined two games. Both times the UI on the join page gave me weird stuff like this, both showing MINI.

4hhrlyd.png

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I can click on the troop container color for each player along the player bar up top to change them, but how do I change the neutral troop containers? These goddamn green conestoga wagons on Land Rush are violently obscuring the region bonus graphics.

AdW59JW.png

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Neither one of Attack or Blitz actually do anything. After deploy I am dead in the water.

SdeZzLJ.png

8CmL1cw.png

EDIT: I simply reloaded the page ten minutes later and it worked AND I had great dice. :)
EDIT: AND I found how to change the neutral troop container down in the Intel tab!

Last edited:

Number2

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Los Bambinos
T.O's.
i have been playing for years with a photon browser on my ipad, and a puffin browser on my android. Will I be able to continue playing?

brianstheman

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
i have been playing for years with a photon browser on my ipad, and a puffin browser on my android. Will I be able to continue playing?

Yes, neither of those are discontinuing support of Flash in the immediate future.

skribbz14

Awesome Player
Risky Business
I didn't do my due diligence and read all the posts, but I just wanted to comment that not being able to make diplo requests and messages is one of the biggest drawbacks to the BETA right now. My group of friends are debating whether we stick with flash or go beta and that's the 1 feature holding us back.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I didn't do my due diligence and read all the posts, but I just wanted to comment that not being able to make diplo requests and messages is one of the biggest drawbacks to the BETA right now. My group of friends are debating whether we stick with flash or go beta and that's the 1 feature holding us back.

BETA is not complete. Diplo messages and requests are a feature that will be implemented in the future. This is just a basic testing stage.

Beta also doesn't count for any point too! Only the Flash games count towards points.

lekim

Awesome Player
Risky Business
I really like BETA so far. Everything is so much faster and my browser knows how to run it. My biggest complaint is no diplomacy. This is something that my group of friends get a lot of use out of and it's sad to see that it's gone.