• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - New UI (6 / 2019)

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Did I see a post indicating we don't get points for winning beta games?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
https://www.majorcommand.com/beta/131 1v1 classic evolved RT game. one path escalate 5 minute turns. Opponent was Awol from the beginning. Played it out to see what might or might not happen.... 1) did not receive message like old ui telling me opponent was awol. 2) At end of 2nd round, I had to refresh game to go to my turn and then time clock set to 3 minute turn (from game setting 5 minutes). Next turn though all was well including clock time of 5 minutes again, weird.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
In the My-Games page, there needs to be a timer for each game, to let you know how much time you or your opponents/teammates have left for your/their turn...

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Did I see a post indicating we don't get points for winning beta games?

Yes Athelstan. As far as I know, the player profiles in Beta haven't yet been linked to the main engine, so points awarded and lost have no value

srjyj

Awesome Player
like the ui. unfortunately the maps are blank for me in safari

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.08.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 9.08.09 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I noticed that if you refresh the page that helps.....I also noticed that if you stare at the map and the page idles.....it’s frozen...so you need to refresh again.

tried that and more. exited browser, tried another browser, nothing. I even threatened deploying the peri anti voodoo weapon....game engine just stared back at me like sure, bring it

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
tried that and more. exited browser, tried another browser, nothing. I even threatened deploying the peri anti voodoo weapon....game engine just stared back at me like sure, bring it

i really need to steal that anti voodoo weapon from you...because it's working...it has a far reaching effect on all my games...i'm getting ice all day! :(

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
i really need to steal that anti voodoo weapon from you...because it's working...it has a far reaching effect on all my games...i'm getting ice all day! :(
Steal is such an ugly word. Perhaps a long term lease would be preferable? I'll send u terms of the deal. (Be prepared to lose a lot of 1v1 games in exchange) :)

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
a) In the new engine, chatter talk seems to randomly disappear, only to turn up again at a later point.

b) when loading the new UI games page, the page often loads only half way, so that only two-and-a-half of my active games effectively show and the bottom half of the page gets progressively blank

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
Thanks for fixing the outstanding issues with needing to join a game you started and the # turns indication on the tab. I'm going to switch all my play to the Beta to get away from having to start Flash all the time!
One thing I struggle with: the numbers are a bit hard to read on the coloured markers. Might be just age (mine or the PC). I think a few others are having the same difficulty.

They are indeed. We have an open issue to address it.

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
some things I noticed;

the 2nd time I try to deploy keeps failing (so I deploy a few on a territory, then I try and deploy some more on another territory which fails) until I reload

assassin on landrush seems kinda impossible (yet its an option)

I was having a conversation with an opponent; he mentioned his elaborate text didnt appear the 1st time (mine didnt neither)

Record has some superfluous info; it says what territory you conquer then in another line it says how many units you move... shouldnt be more than one line imo

games survey has been running smooth until a few hours ago; now it shows nothing while Im actually playing 4, archived 3 and 2 awaiting (none of which are shown)

gl

In what game did the deployment failed so that we can try to reproduce it?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
What happened? Didn't it go into reserve call-up and instead straight into deployment?

No, it went into call up but wouldn't let me actually call them up. I couldn't click on the cards.