• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

BETA Games - New UI (6 / 2019)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
just noticed - not showing the (1) on the beta tab when you have a turn up

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer
I noticed under the real time game list....casual games are showing up there....I just joined your doubles assassin duck & cover game but that was under the real time link.

Yes, both game lists show all games. The filtering will be added in short order.

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
No prob. Beta is Beta after all! And I was losing more of them than I was winning!

masterjskye

Level ∞: Shadow Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
Generals
League of Shadows
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Loving the look of the join a game page - it looks very clean and fresh, well done!

I joined a game and had a few issues - on microsoft Edge it would only load blank. On firefox it loads fine, but some containers are pretty messed up, with different ones bleeding into one another. The numbers on the containers are also not the same bold fonts as they used to be - I find them harder to read now. The colour picker itself is a big improvement. It only seems to show 40 options at the moment though, and they are all jumbled up. It'd be nice if they were grouped according to some kind of order, like by colour and shape.

Overall, the attack phase feels very snappy and responsive to me. The speed is amazing, but it makes me wonder if the attack button should really turn into an "advance" button after the attack is done. I found myself quickly clicking attack and then advancing one by accident. I'm probably just used to the old lag, and would probably get used to being more careful in the new system. However, even if you totally removed that button after attacks are no longer possible then you wouldn't lose any functionality at all, as "one" does just the same job.

If I let the clock run out, the game didn't autmoatically switch to show me it was the other player's turn. It just stayed on 00 and required a refresh.

On the visual side within the game - I'm not sure about the huge bar at the top. It doesn't quite have the same character as the old one yet. I can see why you would want a big space there for big games but on smaller games it's a bit much. If it resized itself automatically depending on the number of players that would be sweet.

I see you went for an "A" instead of "Names". It's cleaner but wasn't obvious to me. What about that little location symbol you get on smartphones? Might work.

I also thought that the little flag symbol you have on the join a game page to represent reserves might be more appropriate if it looked like 3 cards.

That's all the feedback I have right now. Carry on the great work :)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
Loving the look of the join a game page - it looks very clean and fresh, well done!

I joined a game and had a few issues - on microsoft Edge it would only load blank.)

yep, in edge it doesn't work for me neiter, I use opera

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
Great imporvements!

Just one thing: On the 'My Games'-page, there's no indication whose turn it is and how much time's left for that turn. That must be there, methinks

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
- In Team Assassin games, I think it would be better to mark all of the team's targets in the upper bar, since they all have to be killed to win anyway.

- Destroying/bombing a tert doesn't show on the record tab.

- Still not possible to use text search on the record tab to find who has been attacked and when. I.e. can't search for for example "from engineerairborne" because the players sigil(?) is in the way.

- As for chat, I much preferred the black background for team chat as it was easier to distinguish. If colour coding is the way to go, could you please consider changing it so that the red would be the team chat, and the green the "to self" chat. For me, this green and black mix is difficult to decipher. Anybody else? What do you guys think?

MrMarcos

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Code Fixer

We have just deployed the first update to the new UI. Fixes and improvements include:

• The number of turns now show up in the beta tab
  • The JOIN button now works correctly
  • When a player creates a game, they are now automatically enrolled in that game
  • The winning/losing players are now indicated in the archived tab
  • The player whose turn it is, is now indicated in the active tab
  • Adjusted the colors of the checkmarks in the reserve call-up popup as well as the call-up button so it can been seen easier
  • The game page should load a little faster

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
-

- As for chat, I much preferred the black background for team chat as it was easier to distinguish. If colour coding is the way to go, could you please consider changing it so that the red would be the team chat, and the green the "to self" chat. For me, this green and black mix is difficult to decipher. Anybody else? What do you guys think?

I would stay away from both red and green....for those who are colour blind....maybe different colours.....maybe stick with the black background....us young people are creatures of habit! But I can adjust to the current colours.

And I prefer Names instead of ‘A’ since ‘A’ is reserved for font size ....:five:

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
LOVE IT. LOOOOOOOVE IT!

The start a game map panel is great
The color picker is OUTSTANDING. Huge improvement
Note that in the my games sections the icon that gets you to the game (the square with the arrow) it was not intuitive what that did until I clicked it. I thought at first that it would remove from the game. Not a huge deal but text would help

The color picker is nice, but for me outstanding would have been an universal color picker for all the maps, where you could pick ANY color (something like this: https://www.flinto.com/blog/your_new_favorite_color_picker/picker_2x.png) and with many shapes to choose from, like stars, squares, circles, castle shape, etc. That would help a LOT in team games.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Is that correct? I don't see it.

IT'S TRUE!

If anyone is having any issues with seeing maps, or advance/deploy boxes, or something dodgy, then please clear your browser cache. You may be loading stored images instead of new ones.

For chrome, copy and paste this url:

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

You just need to clear images, not the cookies or anything else.....

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
It works!

giphy.gif

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Thanks for fixing the outstanding issues with needing to join a game you started and the # turns indication on the tab. I'm going to switch all my play to the Beta to get away from having to start Flash all the time!
One thing I struggle with: the numbers are a bit hard to read on the coloured markers. Might be just age (mine or the PC). I think a few others are having the same difficulty.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
-

I haven't seen the green yet, but I'm certain I would prefer the black.

Not really sure I like the "new chat system" in general for that matter. But that may be because I'm somewhat resistant to change on most things. :p

Athelstan

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
G'day there! I see you're adding auto-generated games to the list of 'Join a game'. The first game on the casual list is a 2-player 5 minute one!

AuraCraft

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
some things I noticed;

the 2nd time I try to deploy keeps failing (so I deploy a few on a territory, then I try and deploy some more on another territory which fails) until I reload

assassin on landrush seems kinda impossible (yet its an option)

I was having a conversation with an opponent; he mentioned his elaborate text didnt appear the 1st time (mine didnt neither)

Record has some superfluous info; it says what territory you conquer then in another line it says how many units you move... shouldnt be more than one line imo

games survey has been running smooth until a few hours ago; now it shows nothing while Im actually playing 4, archived 3 and 2 awaiting (none of which are shown)

gl

Last edited: