• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Ability to block certain players from joining your games (Foes)

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
i agree.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
This was hilarious by the way. I just didnt reply cuz I was hoping it would turn into a 50 post thread full of self-dialog jokes.

So, to provide a serious response: man, I'm just a tool. I can't just go implement whatever I feel like on a whim! Gotta get boss man on board

It's kinda funny that the guy who built the site has to make feature requests lol
Evan: I would like the ability to prevent certain people from joining my games.
Evan: Make a feature request.
Evan:Evan: That's what i'm doing bro.
Evan: Well honestly i've got a lot on my plate so this is gonna have to go to the bottom of the list.
Evan:Evan: Oh hey, sure, i'm not expecting any miracles. Just when you get around to it.
Evan: Can you believe this guy?

hellrise

Awesome Player
Ability to block a user from your game

Hi,

Is there a way to make a public game, but block a user whose sole mission is to attack you and weaken you throughout the game?

Thanks!

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
I back your idea, many times just 1 person will join a game with the sole intention of messing the game up beause they dislike u and have no intention of playing the game correctly I.E TO WIN

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
To block certain players to join your games + min/max limit

For what I remember arround a year ago somebody suggested that when we create games to have the option for a limit, *min/max points for the player that could join those games, I guess that was a good idea imao , I just remember it, when I came here to suggest a way where u can block certain players to not join your games, we all here are to have fun I guess, and when you dont enjoy to play with someone you should be able to have that player blocked to join at least the games that you create *not the ones created by others that you joined, *I know that we can create games with password, but those games will be limited to the ones that we invite, or just in a few cases when sb ask for the pass...

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
All this coming from the person who claims to not want games he can win ... is quite entertaining ...

You say that you don't want to play games you can win ... yet you want to set a min/max limit :) I bet the idea behind this is so you limit the opponents to those who would certainly assure you lose ... right? :)

Yesterday we all saw you begging the person you had been arguing with for days to play you ... So if you are begging someone who can't stand you to play you ... I wonder who could you possibly want to block ... :)

ndrm31

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
NO ILBD the idea I over all to block players that u dont want to join, since you dont enjoy playing with them, let say I dont enjoy playing with you, not due your games, but due your violent and insulting attitude, same with nessa that keeps insulting in the forum treats and in the chat games, no sense that If are so important and good player as you say, need to join all the single player games that I open, so comming back, the sugestion is that if w all here play for fun, when we do nt have fun with people like you, just to have the option to have you blocked, thats it, btw dont wait more answers from me

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
I agree that there should be this option

iLoveBadDiceBANNED

Awesome Player
NO ILBD the idea I over all to block players that u dont want to join, since you dont enjoy playing with them, let say I dont enjoy playing with you, not due your games, but due your violent and insulting attitude, same with nessa that keeps insulting in the forum treats and in the chat games, no sense that If are so important and good player as you say, need to join all the single player games that I open, so comming back, the sugestion is that if w all here play for fun, when we do nt have fun with people like you, just to have the option to have you blocked, thats it, btw dont wait more answers from me

That is VERY interesting ... Just a few days earlier you begged me to play against you. People are not stupid they remember very well:

btw, if you want too, lets play other maps and settings, u may use a new account so u dont have to be scared by losing some points :)

http://www.majorcommand.com/forums/...nament-Organizer?p=51289&viewfull=1#post51289

When I play against you I NEVER EVER have to worry about losing any points :)

and I had never seen Nessa rude to anyone in my life ... I had seen *you* however make fun of the fact she had to go to the hospital. That was just pure nasty ... When I subbed for her ... I asked you to miss the turns back, of course you did not, and even though she missed 6 turns out of 10 games you still lost 10 out of 10 games.

You ran to "report" it ... and tried to intimidate her from joining your games ... she is free to join any games she wants, and people are free to join any tournaments they want ... Thank God no one needs ndrms' permission. You keep talking about how your English is not your first language ... but that does not stand in your way of trying to intimidate people from opening tournaments ... from joining tournaments ... or joining games ...

We all seen you doing it to masterjskye, and to Nessa

You are a nasty person ndrm. Only a nasty person would make fun of someone who had to go to the Emergency Room and call them derogatory names (as you did).

Do you see how you keep contradicting yourself and any logical reasoning? That has nothing to do with 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th language ... just use google translate ... and stop using "not my first language" as an excuse for being purely a liar.

patsfan44

Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
This feud is still going on... and on... and on... and on.

hat7rick

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
well it is somehow relevant to the original post. They should have the right to avoid playing in the same game.I have also seen this feature implemented in other games as well e.g card games online.

chang50

Awesome Player
Ability to block certain players from joining your games

I think there should be a foe option alongside the friend option preventing players you don't want to play from joining your games.Making someone play against an opponent they don't want to engage with,or forfeit the game does no one any favours..any opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Yeah, I think something like that is on the list. :)

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
While I agree with the idea of wanting to play with a select few friends I am very conscious that this could be a very poor 'improvement' if all angles are not considered.
I seem to recall a thread where Card's reviewed his honour listings and found DeadGirl (??? sorry if my memory is incorrect) was listed on the wrong side of honour. Imagine a site where decisions based on a moment's action had a lasting impact. like DeadGirl (or anyone listed as dishonourable on his sheet) not being able to join games that Card's was involved in. My dishonour list is relatively long (I think) because it doesn't really matter to me, it is just a way of venting. I might have vented by declaring someone dishonourable but it does not mean I do not want to play against them.

I can imagine other ways of doing things but it needs coding, perhaps a lot of coding. And I'm sure there is plenty of work to do anyway.

Of course, if someone can come up with a way where I can properly stop one or three idiots from joining games I'm involved in, I'm all for it.

Raken

Awesome Player
I am not really a fan of this. It doesn't seem fair to restrict someone from joining games because of the un-moderated opinion of someone else on the site.
Seems really easy to abuse.
I think it better just to highlight people you have marked dishonourable while looking at who is currently in a game.

chang50

Awesome Player
It's not something I would use often,just for the occasional person who really boils your piss : )

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
the question is not about people not joining games you're involved in, but blocking certain players from joining games you create.
I guess that might come in handy for some, though I wouldn't use it, for one.

I can see it spirallign into a big thing if two people block each other and try to ralyl friends into doing the same, but IMO, this is just stopping people like me wanting to join those games. At the very least, there should be a warning in the 'join game' page that this particular game is blocked for some players.

Last edited:

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Well, I would certainly block one or two. However... If most of us decide to block a certain player (not targeting anyone specifically), we would basically be baning this player, which would end up playing against new members. Meaning a "bad guy" playing the new guys, we "good guys" not joining the "new member's" games because the "bad guy" is there... :).

In sum, a bloody mess!
Just make a Password game

LordAdef

Awesome Player
Assassins Guild
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
While I agree with the idea of wanting to play with a select few friends I am very conscious that this could be a very poor 'improvement' if all angles are not considered.
I seem to recall a thread where Card's reviewed his honour listings and found DeadGirl (??? sorry if my memory is incorrect) was listed on the wrong side of honour. Imagine a site where decisions based on a moment's action had a lasting impact. like DeadGirl (or anyone listed as dishonourable on his sheet) not being able to join games that Card's was involved in. My dishonour list is relatively long (I think) because it doesn't really matter to me, it is just a way of venting. I might have vented by declaring someone dishonourable but it does not mean I do not want to play against them.

I can imagine other ways of doing things but it needs coding, perhaps a lot of coding. And I'm sure there is plenty of work to do anyway.

Of course, if someone can come up with a way where I can properly stop one or three idiots from joining games I'm involved in, I'm all for it.

And I second my friend Tyro on this one

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Well, I would certainly block one or two. However... If most of us decide to block a certain player (not targeting anyone specifically), we would basically be baning this player, which would end up playing against new members. Meaning a "bad guy" playing the new guys, we "good guys" not joining the "new member's" games because the "bad guy" is there... :).

In sum, a bloody mess!
Just make a Password game

Very well stated Adef.

The only real option I see is if you want a list of "foes" that would prevent you from joining games your "foes" are in. But it would only work when you join; if there are still other slots left, they could still join.

Also, automated tourneys would never work with this option.