• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Ability to block certain players from joining your games (Foes)

Redstorm

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Personally, I can't think of anyone that I'd block at the moment, but you never know.....

I know who u'd block. Cubs won the WS. LOL

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, I take it back. I just had an idiot, who I hadn't even attacked, suicide on me apparently for no other reason than because he couldn't win. I'd like to block him from any and all of my games forever.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
The ability to block players from joining games you set up

I know we live in a world where everyone should hug everyone and all be friends etc etc but I'm afraid we don't.

I already understand that I would never get a light in the darkness award because I often say what I feel as I think some people need to hear it (always in a respectful way I may add).. Hey.....we're all different, it's what us makes us human. I also think that over friendliness is really fake and it really winds me up, I would rather someone punch me in the face than stab me in the back. Right....moving on before you all think I'm a real asshole.

As I have already been honest, Ill continue on this theme.

There are people on this site that I really do not like. Some because I think they are 'very' manipulative and pray on newer members to risk and their lack of understanding of strategy to gang up on people which is passive aggressive. Some because they target people of high rank in games to be spiteful, and others because they team up with friends in games and ruin what it is to play risk...in my opinion.

I avoid these people and do not join any game they create or are in but I cannot stop them joining mine without making it a private games which I don't want to do.

To that end I'm wondering if a block function could be added so that any game I create I can block particular players from joining?

There will always be people trolling and ruining nice things for others, putting a limited form of power in the users hand I think would go along way.

melanie

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
this would be a great feature. Like Jcuk I have a list of people whom I don't join games if they are in them, and I groan inside if they join after me. Hmm, I have played very few games with you, Jcuk - maybe I'm on your list ;). Coding would probably be very tricky though. Or even a feature that if someone on my list joined I would automatically drop out. That would be cool too.

Sebrim

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Wiki Bar
what I think would be a possible solution to this is to have the ability for the creator of a game to confirm the pleayers joining it. I.e. a setting between public and private (password) games. When sopmebody wants to join your game, he or she is put on a waiting list, until the wish is confirmed by the game's creator. Anybody that is not confirmed is not allowed to try and join the game at a later stage. This obviously would not work with team games, thuogh....

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I think Sebrim's option also sounds good. It's such a shame that this isn't already in place, I think my time on this site is coming to an end because of it to be honest. At least I will always have the choice whether to interact with these people by just not signing in!

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
I think Sebrim's option also sounds good. It's such a shame that this isn't already in place, I think my time on this site is coming to an end because of it to be honest. At least I will always have the choice whether to interact with these people by just not signing in!

Reading this post, it sound like there is a multitude of players not playing to win but only joining games to kill any possible fun!!, I mean really? I am having a hard time trying to understand this!, I play a lot of games and rarely a screw ball comes around!!, don't know if you mean RT games but one way to avoid someone is to be selective in the game you join, sure I mostly play tourney games and games within our clan, and those are safe, regular tourney players are a fine community, as far as creating casual games goes, blocking x-y-z for whatever reasons could work for smaller games but might be tricky to get larger games going!, maybe try to join a few clans which have been around for a while and set up clan games and interclan games password protected, this would give you better chance of avoiding bad encounters!, when I 1st started playing I had a few bad encounters but also had many good ones, after a while I decided to be more selective and for the last few years, not much to complain about regarding having to deal with some classless clowns! I do avoid one particular map and also not much into 1vs1 games, I found my comfort zone and sticking to it. anyways what goes around comes arounds, so the few clowns usually don't last too long.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Reading this post, it sound like there is a multitude of players not playing to win but only joining games to kill any possible fun!!, I mean really? I am having a hard time trying to understand this!, I play a lot of games and rarely a screw ball comes around!!, don't know if you mean RT games but one way to avoid someone is to be selective in the game you join, sure I mostly play tourney games and games within our clan, and those are safe, regular tourney players are a fine community, as far as creating casual games goes, blocking x-y-z for whatever reasons could work for smaller games but might be tricky to get larger games going!, maybe try to join a few clans which have been around for a while and set up clan games and interclan games password protected, this would give you better chance of avoiding bad encounters!, when I 1st started playing I had a few bad encounters but also had many good ones, after a while I decided to be more selective and for the last few years, not much to complain about regarding having to deal with some classless clowns! I do avoid one particular map and also not much into 1vs1 games, I found my comfort zone and sticking to it. anyways what goes around comes arounds, so the few clowns usually don't last too long.

Agree with almost all of this, plus, I believe that the option of blocking people is on the list of features for the new game engine to have. I know you've been hearing about this for a long time, but it's getting closer by the day, hang in there, soon we'll have a lightning-fast, 21st century site to play on with lots of great features.

We'd be sorry to see you go, JCUK, as you're one of the 'good guys', but you do what you have to.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I didn't realise there was a big fancy new game engine on the way, I thought it was just incremental upgrades. There are around 5 regular players I avoid playing with because I believe them not to be honourable in some form but predominantly for suiciding against players when they start to lose. I play a lot of tournaments at the moment and I seemed to either be teamed with them or against them and its becoming really annoying. It will be good if there is blocking feature in the future.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Just hit level 8 with that post and apparently I'm now a 'renowned expert'...I doubt that very much lol.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, the new game engine won't stop the issue with tourneys, you get teamed and in games with people randomly. But in non-tourney games you should be able to block and avoid them.

JCUK

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Tourneys understood and fair enough, just created games would be great. Will be interesting to see how the setting turns out.

Day 1 of new game engine and I think there is a glitch as I can't see any games on the board....doh...everyone has blocked me lol.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Just hit level 8 with that post and apparently I'm now a 'renowned expert'...I doubt that very much lol.

I hope I'm not on your list. Plus, I want to be an expert. I enjoy reading people's opinion

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
I vote yes. That would be a great feature.

uscg

Awesome Player
This maybe an easier option than an actually foe list. after you give someone a dishonorable rating, maybe a pop up screen would appear when you try to join a game with them. example would be..... you see a 4 player game and there is one spot open. you click the view button and see the other three players. a pop up button appears stating that you gave player #2 a dishonorable rating. it would be up to you to join the game or not. it could work with all modes. this at least gives you the choice, and if you do accept, then you can't complain about the outcome.

not sure how it would work if you start a game, and waiting for people to join. maybe receive a message or email that states a player that you gave a dishonorable rating has joined a game and you have the choice to back out of the game, if you do it before the game starts. but then, if that player is the last to join, there isn't anything you can do about that. Thinking about that, not sure that would work out to well. but it is a start. just my two cents.

randymacdonald

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
I look forward to it. Just finishing a game with someone, 2nd game, very unpleasant tactics and chat manners, calling other players cheaters etc

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I look forward to it. Just finishing a game with someone, 2nd game, very unpleasant tactics and chat manners, calling other players cheaters etc

I bet the player complaining was losing. Some people, get so mad and curse. Kind of sad. Calling me an A-hole doesn't hurt me as much as if someone said something like, You dress like a clown, I'm an acrobat.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
I bet the player complaining was losing. Some people, get so mad and curse. Kind of sad. Calling me an A-hole doesn't hurt me as much as if someone said something like, You dress like a clown, I'm an acrobat.

Probably plays for the San jose Sharks

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
No San Jose Shark players, what luck

micky

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
The Canadian Club
T.O's.
Young Guns
Block specific players from joining a game

Can you please add an option when one creates a game: To be able to block certain player(s) from joining. I know that I can send an invite to players, but that's not the same. Sending an invite means I know more or less who will join, whereas by being able to block the game to one or a few players, keeps the game open to all other MC players.

The new engine is not happening soon, so can you please consider this.
Thanks