• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2018 Year End Doubles Round Robin Tournament: The Doubles Crown Series

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Linear says he is gone for a bit so this might take a while

He'll be back within a week. Conveniently, it's only one match and the quarterfinals are 3 matches each. Given how fast you lot (Hawd, Hortik, Linear, and Luis) played in the first round, I don't doubt that you'll catch back up without a problem!

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Did you folks just chug a few redbulls and plow through that game! That was mighty quick!

It was fast! We had quite a few confluences of turns. And then it was happy dice.

Roscokov

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Yes, first player on turn 1 may not attack (in order to smooth out the huge 1st turn advantage). Deploying and reinforcing is allowed, however.

I don't really like or understand this. Surely playing three games is the way you negate the first player advantage.

I don't see how getting to deploy without attacking evens anything out - quite a few people do that anyway...It seems like a needless complication to me.

I am not sure how much first player advantage there is in 4 player games as well? These aren't head 2 heads.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I don't really like or understand this. Surely playing three games is the way you negate the first player advantage.

I don't see how getting to deploy without attacking evens anything out - quite a few people do that anyway...It seems like a needless complication to me.

I am not sure how much first player advantage there is in 4 player games as well? These aren't head 2 heads.

I don't mind the addition - you might be right Rosco, and I'm personally very happy not to attack first turn (almost always a disaster for me anyway) but it's ok to give it a go. At least it's not hampering or favouring anyone that much.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
It was fast! We had quite a few confluences of turns. And then it was happy dice.

I want more happy dice. Some of my sets are grumpy, cold, or just not into flames.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
how is the tapebearthdorcee quarterfinal looking?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
how is the tapebearthdorcee quarterfinal looking?

We won the first one, Tape hasn't joined the second one yet.

Tapeworm

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
I'm in! Sorry for being a lag.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
This is like college football. My regular season last game was maybe 8 weeks ago. Since then my troops have started to eat more, sleep with women, drink beer, play cards. They are just getting fat and lazy. Is this some new strategy I'm not aware of yet. Games in the next round are ending and I'm getting jumpy. I want game. Update on what I'm waiting on, please.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
This is like college football. My regular season last game was maybe 8 weeks ago. Since then my troops have started to eat more, sleep with women, drink beer, play cards. They are just getting fat and lazy. Is this some new strategy I'm not aware of yet. Games in the next round are ending and I'm getting jumpy. I want game. Update on what I'm waiting on, please.

Ah you made it through did you? I missed that.

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
We won our second game as well against Tape + Bear, so we are through. This second game was quite tough, almost got our asses kicked.
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/470961/

So.
Bracket-only.jpg

Anybody still in competition please report progress. I believe we will face Clarkenfeld and once.

On the other bracket, Sann + F15 is up 1:0 against ironz + StJude, and their second game is still going on.
I don't know anything about Risky + Rosco... you guys are waiting for the winner of Hortik + Hawd vs. Linear + Luis, right?

I hope Bear doesn't mind but I'm gonna send them an inquiry.

Edit: message sent. Hortik + Hawd and Linear + Luis, I think you ought to play on the Far East Asia map.

Last edited:

Hortik

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
The Embassy
T.O's.
Young Guns
Kickstarter
Woaw thanks for the reminder TH, i completely skipped this one.
Didnt even knew that we Made it to the second round ^^.

Should i set up this game?