• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2018 Year End Doubles Round Robin Tournament: The Doubles Crown Series

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Bracket-only.jpg

With quarterfinals complete, it's time for semifinals!

TH-Child and Dorcee will face off against Once and Clarkenfeld

F15 Free Eagle and Sannheten will face off against Linear Curve and Luis Casanova

For those keeping track at home, only the Red and Blue groups are represented in semifinals.

Semifinal settings:
Best of 3
Map: Philippines
Teams: Doubles
Reserves: Escalate
Reinforcements: 1 / Anywhere
Force: Chance
Convention: First player to play deploys but skips attack phase on turn 1!

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
I'll be spectating for the podcast. No cussing each other out :p

There is no chance of foul language. We are very courteous players. And thank you again Bear for doing this! Sorry you don't get to be in it still. It's been fun. And a shame you can't see into the team chat!

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter

I guess I haven't been following closely since my team lost out in the tie-breaker. You changed the rules in the middle of the tourney???

dorcee

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
We won our second match too:
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/479481/

I wish I could say it was an action-packed roller-coaster ride and a well-deserved win for us, but no - it was a one-sided battle where once and clarkenfeld fought well, but had no chance with the bad dice they had. sorry guys :/

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
I guess I haven't been following closely since my team lost out in the tie-breaker. You changed the rules in the middle of the tourney???

Ya, we changed right after group stage with the start of tiebreakers. First turn advantage saw a 80% win rate, which was pretty unacceptable. The new policy is a bit better, but first turn advantage is still strong.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
We won our second match too:
https://www.majorcommand.com/games/479481/

I wish I could say it was an action-packed roller-coaster ride and a well-deserved win for us, but no - it was a one-sided battle where once and clarkenfeld fought well, but had no chance with the bad dice they had. sorry guys :/

thanks for the sympathy dorcee, but this is just the way it goes sometimes. we knew before these games started that there would be no room for mistakes or mean dice, we did what we could, and had we won, it would have also been down to luck. i wouldnt have minded this being *a little* closer, or going differently altogether of course, but yeah.
id just like to add that this tourney was a premiere for me to team with clarkenfeld, and it was a real pleasure to do so. we only really shared 1vs1 games before, so discussing strategies as a team was pretty much untested but worked really well imo. also a very nice guy. just look at his avatar.
good luck in the finals everyone & thanks for the tourney bear.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Well, it was total pleasure taking part in this tournament. Some thanks:
- to Bear for organising it
- to all our opponents in victory and defeat, fair and honourable one and all
- to th and dorcee in the semi
- to once most of all: it was an honour and a surprise when kind of out of nowhere he suggested we team up in November. You all know what a good player he is and what a decent guy he is, so to be picked as his partner was great for me! *pass me the tissues*. I learned so much from being his doubles partner and some of our games were just brilliant to be part of, especially the SA assassin tie-breakers. Fun chatter too. Thank you once!

As for the semi finals - the dice were appalling for probably three quarters of our turns, often unable to take singles, missing out on cards 3 or 4 times, and th and dorcee aren't going to mess up that opening. But like once said, that's how it goes and we've no complaints.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
Bracket-only.jpg

With quarterfinals complete, it's time for semifinals!

TH-Child and Dorcee will face off against Once and Clarkenfeld

F15 Free Eagle and Sannheten will face off against Linear Curve and Luis Casanova

For those keeping track at home, only the Red and Blue groups are represented in semifinals.

Semifinal settings:
Best of 3
Map: Philippines
Reinforcements: 1 / Anywhere

What an unbelievable, great honor to be in the semi-finals. We'll give it our best shot! I'm also proud that 3 'Enemies of Diplomacy' members are in it.

luiscasanova

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Old Soldiers Club
The Wiki Bar
Announcing a new tournament to coincide with the close of the 2018 Major Command season

The Doubles Crown Series
Doubles-Crown-Series.jpg

Invites are now CLOSED

Tournament Summary:
This is a round robin, 2v2 Escalate tournament with 16 teams (32 players). Games take place in two stages, group and elimination. Group stage will feature two groups of 4 teams each, with each team playing one another twice. The top 2 teams of each group advance to the second stage: A best of three semifinal and final. The tournament is open to the public, first come first serve. Players must apply as a duo to enter. Each player will have 3 games going on concurrently during group phase, so while Grunts are allowed to participate, to be eligible to enter, you must have 3 game slots open OR be ready to upgrade your account.

Game configuration:
Players: 4
Reinforcement: One/Anywhere

Tournament configuration:
Total Players: 16-32
Total Teams: 8-16
Round Robin:
Group Stage:
Groups of four teams each each team plays group members twice, once in each round.
Group Stage, round 1 (First three games): Mars
Group Stage, round 2 (Second three games against the same opponents, same settings): Middle East
Group Stage Tie Breaker: Far East Asia

Elimination Stage:
Each match in elimination stage will be decided in a best of three game format.
Elimination Stage, Quarterfinals (Best of 3s): Sea of Japan
Elimination Stage, Semifinals (Best of 3s): Philippines
Elimination Stage, Finals (Best of 3s): South America

To Apply:
Send me a direct message with the in game name of your team mate and your desired team name.

Buy-In:
We are going to be requiring a 50 point buy-in to participate. MC admin will be deducting the entry fee from participants upon the close of the tournament. The prize pool will be distributed to the members top two teams in a 75%/25% split. With 32 players, each member of the winning team will be granted 600 points.

Tournament Organization:
Games will be hosted as private, password protected
Games will be linked from this forum thread
This forum thread will be updated with wins and losses as well as a visual representation of standings and the bracket

The tournament will commence when we have all 16 team slots filled.

Crown-Group-Stage-Schedule.jpg

Participating teams:
1. Tapeworm + Bearnecessities
2. Engel + Ndrm
3. Riskyone + Roscokov
4. Th-Child + dorcee
5. Ironztiger + StJude
6. Hortik + haWD
7. Cardinalsrule + TheGeneral
8. Sannheten + F15
9. Linearcurve + LuisCasanova
10. Engineerairborne + Norbs
11. EasyToKill + LotsOFFluck
12. DoirAranelEluchil + Redstorm
13. Once + clarkenfeld
14. Pitman + Cryptojim
15. ericjkline + Micky
16. 5battalions + ajdedo

Current Tournament Standings and Stats

As of 1/10/2019

Current Win/Loss Standings:
Screen-Clip.png

Game outcomes in Round 1 (Mars):
Screen-Clip.png

Game outcomes in Round 2 (Middle East):
Screen-Clip.png

Note: Green group Tapeworm and BeaNecessities advance through after a tiebreaker with Micky and Ericjkline

Group Seed Key:
Screen-Clip.png

Group Game Key:
Screen-Clip.png

is there an update on this? I know we played a tie breaker but I'm not sure how we ended in the semifinal... not that I'm complaining or anything. :)

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter

sannheten

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
Or maybe we can wait until August 1st, when I am back from a holiday on the Swedish map ...

So let's bring our weapons (or dice, if you prefer) and go for a holiday in South America :)

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Congrats, guys, well done. :) And congrats to luis and linear as well, after almost busting out in the group phase getting this far was awesome.
I didn't follow your last game, what happened? Was it close?

And no worries, we can wait until sann is back from holiday.

Btw I haven't seen bear in ages...

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Congrats, guys, well done. :) And congrats to luis and linear as well, after almost busting out in the group phase getting this far was awesome.
I didn't follow your last game, what happened? Was it close?

And no worries, we can wait until sann is back from holiday.

Btw I haven't seen bear in ages...

Sannheten and I actually won the 3rd rather easily. Luis and Linear could not really get anything to go their way in that game, despite having 1st turn. They loaded up in the north on their first turn, we basically chose to ignore that in our first turn, and got really good dice to grab a command on our first turn. Then they had awful dice (they had something like 11vs5 to break said command and failed miserably) and we never really looked back from that point.