• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2018 Year End Doubles Round Robin Tournament: The Doubles Crown Series

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Ros and I are all set for our Japan game. Invites out. Linearcurve has joined. I will send Luis a reminder.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Ros and I are all set for our Japan game. Invites out. Linearcurve has joined. I will send Luis a reminder.

We got game #1, gonna send out invites for game #2

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Sann and F15 made easy work in the second round. If Ros and I get past our next opponent maybe Sann and F15 will have forgotten all about the tournament. Otherwise didn't the podcast have them going out early. They could be the first Kings of the year end doubles competition.F15 is a stealth player while Sann carries the hammer. Congrats guys.

Sannheten and I prepare for each game with vigorous intensity. I think our biggest key in said preparation is we meditate, and this is followed by us chanting in unison.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
:adore:

Roscokov

Awesome Player
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Sannheten and I prepare for each game with vigorous intensity. I think our biggest key in said preparation is we meditate, and this is followed by us chanting in unison.

Some meditate...others medicate ;)

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter

After winning the first game while going second. Luis and linearcurve bounced back in the second game. Going first again they jumped out and never looked back. Now in the third and final game. The tie-breaker. All I can say is they are going first again. Ros and I would like to continue on in this tournament. We feel our best hasn't shined through what we shown. If we get over this hill, we will bring a more focused effort into the next round.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
After winning the first game while going second. Luis and linearcurve bounced back in the second game. Going first again they jumped out and never looked back. Now in the third and final game. The tie-breaker. All I can say is they are going first again. Ros and I would like to continue on in this tournament. We feel our best hasn't shined through what we shown. If we get over this hill, we will bring a more focused effort into the next round.

Round 2 just ended and only 2 regions seperate the two teams.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Round 2 just ended and only 2 regions seperate the two teams.

Round 3 just ended and Ros and I have a 4 region lead. Trying not to look ahead but I see F15 and sann are waiting.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Round 3 just ended and Ros and I have a 4 region lead. Trying not to look ahead but I see F15 and sann are waiting.

Think we had even numbers of wins and losses against them. No cheap victories that's for sure.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Think we had even numbers of wins and losses against them. No cheap victories that's for sure.

Round 7 just ended and Ros and I have a 6 region lead, but it's not over.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Round 7 just ended and Ros and I have a 6 region lead, but it's not over.

Well I just lost 20 troops to kill 5 and couldn't bust any commands. So Ros and I will probably lose.

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
Well I just lost 20 troops to kill 5 and couldn't bust any commands. So Ros and I will probably lose.

Ouch. Have to love the dice sometimes. We've all been there.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
Ouch. Have to love the dice sometimes. We've all been there.

We lost, they played well. We didn't. I'm happy for them. I'm very saddened by this loss. This really meant a lot to me. The losing is getting to me. I can't keep having victory snatched away. Three times in 3 days, but that 20 to kill 5 I think decided it. Crushed. Willing to admit it. The darkness the depression brings on is unbearable.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
We lost, they played well. We didn't. I'm happy for them. I'm very saddened by this loss. This really meant a lot to me. The losing is getting to me. I can't keep having victory snatched away. Three times in 3 days, but that 20 to kill 5 I think decided it. Crushed. Willing to admit it. The darkness the depression brings on is unbearable.

Congrats to Luis and linearcurve on a hard fought trilogy. May you keep advancing. Well played

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Congrats to Luis and linearcurve on a hard fought trilogy. May you keep advancing. Well played

An incredible series. Following with my prediction on the podcast that Linear and Luis would do well, I dropped in to watch your games a bit, and boy was that ever exciting. Well fought, everyone!

I'll be updating the bracket for the next round of games shortly!

Last edited:

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
At long last, here is Episode 2 of Icy Dice.

In this episode Tapeworm and I cover the group stage of the Doubles Crown Series forum tournament and do a deep dive on the First Turn Advantage as well as strategy for head to head play on the Mars map. The next episode will cover the first stage of the elimination round.

The next episode should be in the works soon, hopefully my new revised approach to production will shave 50% off the time required to edit and mix the audio. I'm still new to producing these and it takes a monumental amount of time to get these episodes together. No doubt roughly 90% of the time I spend editing is beyond the minimum viable product level, but I'd like to deliver some production value rather than simply the raw discussions.

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
At long last, here is Episode 2 of Icy Dice.

In this episode Tapeworm and I cover the group stage of the Doubles Crown Series forum tournament and do a deep dive on the First Turn Advantage as well as strategy for head to head play on the Mars map. The next episode will cover the first stage of the elimination round.

The next episode should be in the works soon, hopefully my new revised approach to production will shave 50% off the time required to edit and mix the audio. I'm still new to producing these and it takes a monumental amount of time to get these episodes together. No doubt roughly 90% of the time I spend editing is beyond the minimum viable product level, but I'd like to deliver some production value rather than simply the raw discussions.

Something to cheer me up. Didn't sound like you had much faith in the Ros and risky team. Bear are smarter then people think and Tapeworms are like micro computers. Can't wait to listen. Waiting for coffee. Thanks guys.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
Something to cheer me up. Didn't sound like you had much faith in the Ros and risky team. Bear are smarter then people think and Tapeworms are like micro computers. Can't wait to listen. Waiting for coffee. Thanks guys.

HA! We had faith in you and Ros, we just had no desire to lose to you! I think both Tapeworm and I had predicted that your team would advance out of group stage. We hadn't made predictions on the bracket phase during our recording.