• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

2018 Year End Doubles Round Robin Tournament: The Doubles Crown Series

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Thanks for the patience everyone & happy new year. I am almost home, so as far as I am concerned, we could get stared with the tiebreaker.

do we have a consensus on the map for the tiebreaker? still south america, even though it will be played in the final? or mexamerican? usa? i am ok with anything, can go ahead & set this up, but wanted to double check beforehand..

F15FreeEagle

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
T.O's.
do we have a consensus on the map for the tiebreaker? still south america, even though it will be played in the final? or mexamerican? usa? i am ok with anything, can go ahead & set this up, but wanted to double check beforehand..

Yep, I'm ready to get this rolling. I would assume the other players involved in this 3-way tie are as well? I am ok with any of the maps mentioned.

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Yep, I'm ready to get this rolling. I would assume the other players involved in this 3-way tie are as well? I am ok with any of the maps mentioned.

I was born ready.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
maps, guys? if bear doesnt object i will otherwise flip a coin for either usa or mexamerica, i dont much like maps repeating in my tourneys, i am eccentric in 2019, and i do plan on reaching the final. but it is bears call ultimately, i will play south america too. obviously..

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
maps, guys? if bear doesnt object i will otherwise flip a coin for either usa or mexamerica, i dont much like maps repeating in my tourneys, i am eccentric in 2019, and i do plan on reaching the final. but it is bears call ultimately, i will play south america too. obviously..

Not SA is my vote

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Bear, this is Majcom. Do you copy?

riskyone

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
Kickstarter
My troops are ready to kick some in the next round. The longer you make Ros wait the tougher he will play. He enjoys blood.

BearNecessities

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Enemies of Diplomacy
T.O's.
1/10/19 Commissioner Update

Thank you for your patience folks. I hope everyone is ready to continue with the tournament festivities.

I'm currently editing a second episode of the Icy Dice podcast which will provide coverage of Doubles Crown Series to date.

Here is an update on standings as of 1/10/19
Screen-Clip.png

Blue, Green and Yellow groups have played all regulation games.

Red group has a delinquent game: Engineer and Norbs never played vs Linear and Luis on Arabia. I've sent multiple reminders and I know game invites have been issued, but the game has never materialized.
@Engineer @Norbs, are you forfeiting?​

Ties and Tiebreakers:
The discerning among you will have noticed that there are several ties that now must be resolved. Here they are with their prescribed resolutions:

Blue Group
sannheten & f15freeeagle
Cardinalsrule & TheGeneral
once & clarkenfeld

Blue group will be resolved with Dorcee's excellent recommendation:

2 games of 2v2v2 assassin, played in parallel, after which the result will either be:

2-0-0 -> the team with the 2 wins automatically qualifies (at 1st place), and the other two teams play a normal 2v2 against each other to decide who can qualify at 2nd place

1-1-0 -> the teams with 1 win qualify for next round (the team with 0 win is out) and play a normal 2v2 against each other to decide 1st and 2nd place.

Map will be South America

Green Group
Resolved in a tiebreaker: Tapeworm & BearNecessities won vs ericjkline & Micky

Yellow Group
engelbrekt1390 & ndrm31
DiorAranelEluchil & redstorm

One game will be played to tiebreak on the map Far East Asia.
Rule change for this game: The first player to play may deploy and reinforce but may not attack.
This rule change admittedly comes late in the tournament and without a great deal of discussion or data to support it as the best of all possible solutions, but the hour is late and I feel like being a dictator. As you will hear in the forthcoming podcast episode, first turn advantage is alive and well in this format. I regret not having imposed this rule earlier, I'll be sure bring this up to improve future tournaments.

Thank you all again for your continued interest and participation. May the dice gods continue to smile upon this tournament.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Both tiebreaker games in group 2 are started, (Once and Clark get first turn in both, the dogs), but it hasn't been decided who is targeting who... Remember that these are 'faux' assassin games, since we can't play real assassin. We need bear to decide the targets...

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
Both tiebreaker games in group 2 are started, (Once and Clark get first turn in both, the dogs), but it hasn't been decided who is targeting who... Remember that these are 'faux' assassin games, since we can't play real assassin. We need bear to decide the targets...

isnt it team 1 targets team 2, team 2 targets team 3, team 3 targets team 1?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
isnt it team 1 targets team 2, team 2 targets team 3, team 3 targets team 1?

Well, I guess. That's OK with me. Just strange that teams are the same number in both games.

once

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
That is true. Unlucky. If you want we could set up a third one up, let the second one that filled expire. Or have the target changed? I don't know. I am ok with playing it like this too.. But yes we do have 1st turn in both games.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
It's fine, luck of the draw. Just strange how it worked out

clarkenfeld

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
Is our group (blue) the only one not completed? Can the winner just advance straight to the final please?