• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Unofficial doubles tournament.

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Tip of the hat to Evan and Codanostra for an excellent series. Your men fought valiantly and gloriously.

Cheers, thanks for the games.

Jeymo and I won.

Thanks, although there's no need to be so kind lol. We got stomped

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
So far, 4 out of 6 teams have advanced (or on the brink of advancing) from what I have been told via private message/here. Still waiting on the Incandenza, Cassidy vs. ghost, asunder and the Pizzetto, Lando vs. Mark, Jason results.

Spazm

Ambassador
Awesome Player
From how we lost, you basically attack anything anywhere, then reinforce your troops to your teammate who does the same thing on his turn, and hope the odds hold up. Is that the basic gist of the "strategy?"

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
From how we lost, you basically attack anything anywhere, then reinforce your troops to your teammate who does the same thing on his turn, and hope the odds hold up. Is that the basic gist of the "strategy?"

I spose it would look a bit like that on the first turn, but it gets more complex after that. Hoping the odds hold up is something I always do :D

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

Actually, the gist of the strategy is hoping thats the strategy of the other team. The map is so big, the where changes on every game, as does the individual strategy for any given game. The overall strategy is fairly basic and common sense, but its the implementation of the individual armies that is the strategy, ie, allowing for a perfect turn, to trump a normal turn, giving the better team an actual chance of overcoming going second, or somewhat bad dice.

Overcoming bad dice, a second turn, and a great first turn by opponent however, is extremely tough. You need at least one of those to give you an opening for it to have a chance. Further, if its a close game, you have the cards to work with, with an extra shot of winning with a clutch hail mary pass, timed to save the day.

Its the exact reason that it looks so easy, that makes it so fun to play. Many, even seasoned vets, miss the details sometimes. And while it is possible to sometimes sneak a win with pure luck if not paying attention and just making random moves, it is not very likely.

Last edited:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Please note the correction for the final round in the first post of this thread.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Update: We are in rounds 3, 4, 3 respectively. No clear leader in any game.

No rush, but thanks for the update. Good luck to all of you.

Evan

Jr. Programmer I
O.G.
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers

Thats how I played. didnt turn out so well

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
As an update, Im still waiting for some progress on the last game. Its reckless to guess whos going to win, and impossible to plan on it. I think it will be cleaner if we all play the games at the same time. I expect to be able to set them up tomorrow though. A round or two more should do it for them.

See all those that advanced in the final round, thanks to everyone else that joined and played some good games. Hope to see you in, and making more tourneys soon.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
I called the winners in the games and game numbers have been sent out.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
MAJCOM BETA DOUBLES TOURNEY (unofficial)

ROUND 1.
Match 1 AAFitz Zsp vs Jeymo, chilly
Match 2. Incan, Cassidy vs Pizzetto, Lando
Match 3. Ianhenry, jareden vs Pizzetto, Lando

Good Luck!

shouldn't that be costin and thunderous? :p

Incandenza

Minister of Propaganda
O.G.
Awesome Player
Looks like inc/cass will be moving on to the semis... :D

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
sorry for the delay here...ill get squared away tomorrow

Thunderous

Ambassador
Awesome Player
sorry its taking so long but where still going

its currently one-all and the deciding game is still very close!