• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after May 16 2024 are not able to login to the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Unofficial doubles tournament.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Most games are started, Good luck Everyone!

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
so, why are we playing three games, on the same map, against the same two players.. again
it seems a little silly to play three games against the same two people..

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well, it's a 2v2 tournament which explains why you're playing the same people. Each round is best of 3. Yes, sometimes you wont need to play all 3 games if you win the first 2, but Fitz just wanted to make it neat by starting 18 straight games so the game numbers weren't so scattered. It was just easier to make everyone play all 3 games so we could keep the games numbers all together.

...and YOU'RE silly. :eviltongue:

Last edited:

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
hey no worries, i was just curious... it seemed odd, and i had no idea why, and i was not interested in reading previous posts.. so, thanks for the answer zsp.

:)

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Well Fitz wasn't clear about anything, b/c he's retarded. So it's not your fault.

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Yeah i don't really know whats going on here... i just play the games I am suppose to play.

ghost

Chief Ambassador
Awesome Player
yeah.. i feel we`re lacking an explanation somewhere, but zsp saved the day!

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
playing 3 games simultaneously is not the same as playing three games back to back. One reason why tournaments feature 'best of' sets is that it allows the teams to get a feel for one another and go from there. playing 3 games simultaneously is akin to playing your first game three times.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
There was no original explanation, because the explaination was that I had no idea how many games would be needed, because there was no idea how many teams that would be joining. The tourney was based on who joined and its all in good fun to get to know each other as teams, which was all explained in the original post. (I deleted it because it was a little cluttered, and irrelevant once people actually joined... well... assuming they actually read it I guess. :fisheye:)

3 games was chosen because one game is often decided by pure luck. The reason they are simultaneous is to keep the momentum of the tourney rolling. With 6 different sets of games all starting at different times and all ending at different times, some players would be waiting forever for others to finish.

Its just a fun first tourney, short and quick for some of the more active players to all effectively play against each other, and have a nice quick result.

In the future, much more in depth lengthy and far more complicated tourneys are possible, but the idea for this one was to just have a nice quick one to measure interest, and again, to have some fun seeing what teams were out there.

**I do hope Jason comes back to join the games, and Ghost joins the other ones so the tourney is not held up.

**I really dont want to disqualify anyone, so I will look for a possible replacement for Jason, or if when one of the teams in here has finished, maybe someone could help out Mark and get their games going.

The rest seem to be going strong. Sorry for any delay, but Ill do what I can to get it moving along as quickly as possible.

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Last edited:

zspBANNED

Awesome Player
Majcom_DubsBracket_Round1.png

I haven't talked to Fitz about it, but I believe this is what the bracket would look like, so this might change.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Majcom_DubsBracket_Round1.png

I haven't talked to Fitz about it, but I believe this is what the bracket would look like, so this might change.

Actually that is exactly what was planned, thanks. I had that posted at one point too, but deleted it to consider other options, and get input, but it seems to make the most sense for a nice quick little tourney. I hope after this one, players start up some more with some other options as well.

AAFitz

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Ok, it seems Jason missed the messages I sent, but has joined the games, so we are back on track.

Thanks to Orbotron for agreeing to join, as well as Bitglory who also agreed to fill in.

Good Luck!

Badorties

Boss General (Retired on a Desert Island)
O.G.
Awesome Player
Gentlemen of Leisure
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
Well, after all three of my games were decided by round 3, I have no desire to play this game setting ever again. I don't know where we went wrong, but we obviously don't have the secret strategy it takes to win here.

ORBOTRON

O.G.
Awesome Player
There is a strategy I've found to work 90% of the time, but alas, there are those evil little dice that make one want to stab ones self in the face that other 10% of the time, lol. Don't feel bad Bado, I've won a pile of games with these settings and have a fairly solid strategy, but Daan and I will also be eliminated in this very first round.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Tip of the hat to Evan and Codanostra for an excellent series. Your men fought valiantly and gloriously.

Cheers, thanks for the games.

Jeymo and I won.

Last edited:

codanostra

switching to missiles!
O.G.
Awesome Player
Well, after all three of my games were decided by round 3, I have no desire to play this game setting ever again. I don't know where we went wrong, but we obviously don't have the secret strategy it takes to win here.

Agree jess, i really dislike the reinforce anywhere unlimited team setting. It's a whole different game