• Scoreboard and Points Live. Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Temple of the Dice Gods

Robinette

omigod, totally bitchen, furshur, furshur
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
If I've got 3 cards and no set then I've got a 66.6(recurring)% chance of my next card giving me a set, right - 2 out of the 3 possible colours will give me a set - however this doesn't take into account the chances of my first 3 cards being a set before I turn over my 4th, which I reckon is 33.3(recurring)%. So. Clearly the chances of having a set with 4 cards is 66.6(recurring)%+33.3(recurring)% or 99.9(recurring)%.

ohhh... i see you borrowed a page from the same logic recipe book that many people use for dice odds...
Except that you added 22 pinches of sarcasm, lol...

And just to add my thoughts into the prior discussion...
disaster_zpsdf659f80.jpg

You were 10 to 1 when the losing streak began...
but we see HOT dice the 2 rolls prior, which shows you had 10 attacking 5 (cannot see the rolls prior to that)
So with 10 vs 5, the defender has a 13% chance of staying alive
ODDS OF OCCURRING : 1 in 8

But let's focus on the more interesting FAIL segment of 10 vs 1
With that 10 v 1 segment, the defender has only a .013% chance of staying alive
ODDS OF OCCURRING : 1 in ~7,700

So what if there had been 1 more attacker,
then with a roughly 1 in 3 chance of the defender winning again,
we would be even more impressed as the odds would then be 1 in ~23,000...
That is with just ONE more roll that has ONLY AND ALWAYS a 1 in 3 chance... Think about it :hmmmm:

Last edited:

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Someone must have been listening, I managed to kill a stack of 9 with a stack of 11 and even had 6 left!

And if it helps my dice more, I can give beer to everyone!!

:beers:

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
You can try, but I don't drink hahahaha. Have to think of something else to bribe me >_<

stone123

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
M.C. Play Testers
If anyone is bored, try to re create Robin`s bad luck above on these sites http://www.roll-dice-online.com/ or this site http://www.random.org/dice/

I have just had 2 browser windows open, 1 with 3 dice vs the other with 1 dice and could not come anywhere near the above. But then again i don't think i came anywhere close to doing 8000 spins.

comissha

Awesome Player
How can it be random that the following roll occurred:
Me Vs Opponent
661,16 - TWELVE TIMES IN A ROW EXACTLY THE SAME
I would literally have better odds winning the lottery, the bad part is that I am seeing this more and more often...it gets so very frustrating as I love this game and this site.../sigh

calume

Awesome Player
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Canadian Club
League of Gentlepeople
T.O's.
How can it be random that the following roll occurred:
Me Vs Opponent
661,16 - TWELVE TIMES IN A ROW EXACTLY THE SAME
I would literally have better odds winning the lottery, the bad part is that I am seeing this more and more often...it gets so very frustrating as I love this game and this site.../sigh

Because the setting is FIX FORCE, when joining a fix force game, you kill one unit and loose one unit each time you attack, 6,6,1 vs 1,6 will show on each attack, 3 dices vs 2 dices, your 6 beats 1, opponent 6 beats your 1, so all normal on a fix force set up, make sure when playing fix force you calculate your attack in a way that you have at least 2 more units in order to win a region, or choose games with chance setting instead of fix force.

GL

legionbuck

Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Duellers Society
Kickstarter
What kind of whistles ? Ones that only dogs can hear and not the Dice Gods ?

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
Okay, tournament game, 5 players, escalate.

It's my turn, and partly because I'd played like the genius of strategy I am, and mostly because someone before me botched a killing attempt, I see a chance and go for it.

It all goes fine, until in the middle of an attack BAM, the game crashes. I reload, no troops show up on the taken territory. Zero bug? But no, I click on a random place and it turns out 1 troop has been already advanced.

Ok, I end my turn, I'm lucky, no oppenents can have a set, so I'll finish next turn. Except I won't.

Next turn, my internet connection fails. I ran out to the bus station, but the coffee shop is closed. Some buses have free wi-fi, so I connect, and in the 30-something minutes I'm standing there freezing, instead of finishing the game, I only manage to deploy and get a card. My turn is over, and the next player clears the board.

I guess at one time or the other we all have had bad luck, bad dice, bad decisions an occasional erectile dysfunction, but for the dice gods to intervene in such a direct way in two consecutive turns to prevent me from winning... that's a first for me.

Originally, I wanted to write this in the "what really grinds my gears" thread, but for some reason I'm not even mad. I don't know, maybe it's a maturing process or something.

(Btw there was another game affected by my internet problems. Thankfully, the other players were very nice about it and agreed to skip turns. Kudos and thumbs up for Redstorm, Eduardoperezc, and SubwayatNight.)

Last edited:

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
thak you for sharing. Nothing to add...

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
My dice recently are making me cry, unfortunately i cant bring myself to moan about the randomiser 3000xbj450 (the program the majcom wizards use if you didnt know).
Anyway please fill this space with generalistic moaning ............................................................. And let me sacrifice a goat to the dice gods in the hope they give me some of that 2v6 and a win magic!

Tyro

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Goats are not the answer, try kittens. PIT taught me that and it does seem to work

samps

Awesome Player
The 'B' Squad
Fixed Force Club
Generals
T.O's.
Goats are not the answer, try kittens. PIT taught me that and it does seem to work

Kittens it is, off the shelter now!

Wort

Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
Why have you forsaken me Die?! starting games with 8 double ice, opponents taking 3 x 3 man terts with a stack of 7... it goes on

I have just taken the usual IT problem solver and have logged off and logged back in, will my dice change? We shall see

For now, I apologise to any team mates for my sucky dice, and if anyone wants some points invite me to a singles game and you'll have them in about 2-3 rounds

If the gods are listening, I will sacrifice one of my best mini golf balls in to the creek of despair out back

Play on

:beers:

th-child

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Duellers Society
T.O's.
I won a game the other day.

Duck and Cover, 5 players, escalite.

I get to the endgame with 3 players by waiting out. Riskyone and Homerion are the active ones, Risky makes his move, kills Homer, almost kills me, I am down to 1 tert.

However, I have a 3-card set, with a bold card on that territory. I have great dice, and as Risky won't have a set even in 4 cards, I wrap up the game. (I finished the game by clicking 2v1, so there was no slack in that, I totally needed the bold card.)

At this point, on this map, there is no strategy and skill involved. One just has to deploy and not to misclick.

So it is down to dice solely. Let's see.

To have a 3-card set: 0.333.
Risky not to have a 4-card set: 0.333.
Having a bold on my only territory: 0.119.
Having a great run with my set (I didn't check this exactly, but an educated guess): 0.3
Having a great run the next round to finish the game (I checked this one): 0.22.

Combined odds: 0.333 x 0.333 x 0.119 x 0.3 x 0.22 = 0,00087. In other words, 1 in 1150. Is my math correct?

So, I pulled off a victory purely by luck, and about 1 in 1150 chance.

I hate it when this happens. Of course it is much better to be on the winner side, but even then: it just unfair.

Riskyone writes to me:

"I lose like always against you. I f... suck."

I just wanna say: don't think that, man. You are a valuable and well-respected member of this site, and I guess there must be a lot of things you don't do in life, and one of them surely is: you do not suck. I just got extremely lucky, and robbed your well-deserved victory. That happens sometimes, and I'm sorry, and there's no need to overthink that. :marchmellow:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
*Sigh*
Having another dicerape day. Have played turns in 8 games, lost 49 men killed 14... :(

Bluebonnet

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
The Duellers Society
I am doing pretty good last couple of weeks. An 18 game win streak on 1v1. While some newbs and awolers, some great players as well.

I did have a 14v3 dice crap in there i remember. But it was against a awoler so didnt matter. And I am sure cards has had worse. :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I am doing pretty good last couple of weeks. An 18 game win streak on 1v1. While some newbs and awolers, some great players as well.

I did have a 14v3 dice crap in there i remember. But it was against a awoler so didnt matter. And I am sure cards has had worse. :)

I was actually on a roll for a little while. In one of those 1v1 tourneys, went 2nd 4 games in a row, won 3 before the dice gave out on me.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Ah, the beauty of the dice gods. Playing a tourney game, 3-player assassin, in round 1 lost 8 killed 0, in round 2 lost 8 killed 0. Having SUCH a good time.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
pretty sure my "dicerape" function is stuck ON