• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

-=Season 2=- Heavy Weight Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Board updated thanks :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, B1G joined the 3 games against him and BudH, but never played, resulting in a predictable win for Chilly and I. So, now we're 7-1 and the current champs are 7-2. Are we going to just keep going until one reaches 10 or have a playoff between us for the Grand Championship? I propose a best 3 of 5 to decide the championship of this season.

What do you think, KFD, steel, dread?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Because your scores are equal in wins, you will have to fight off a 5 game series, where the champion team will choose 3 and the leader team will choose two.

If Champion team wins, leaders drop to bottom of the queue, where the Champion will gain another win under their belt.
If leader team wins, leader gains the champion spot, 150 points each, and the spot to keep going as the leader + another win under their belt.

Either way, someone still has to get to 10 wins to be the grand champ.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, if we're going to continue, I don't see why this shouldn't just be another best of 3 and we continue..... There was nothing in the rules about making it a best of 5 series if the 2 teams were equal in wins. I was just thinking a best of 5 to end it. At this point, if Steel and Dread agree, I'm in favor of a best of 5 to declare the final winner. There's only one other team left, KFD and Emmie, the others have all (apparently) lost a player. Even though we are the 'leader', I'm OK with steel and dread making 3 games and we'll make 2.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
7. If a player ties the belt holder for most wins, they face off in a title match.
3. All series are played CONCURRENTLY. That means three 1v1 games at the same time. Title matches are 5 games.

Looks like it wasn't made clear, but this is how Bado and I decided that it should work :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
OK, I'm good with that, but its now a match for the title, no? Not just to continue.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
The Title = Champion here.

The Grand Title = Grand Champion.

They are different levels.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
that makes NO sense.

Steelrain and Dread are, according to the rules, ALREADY the 'Champions' by virtue of winning 5 matches. So, we would be playing to take that title away from them? I don't see the logic in that. They earned that award, why should they have to play for it again? We should be playing for the title which has NOT been won already, that of Grand Champion.

Last edited:

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Maybe "Champion" and "Grand Champion" weren't the best words chosen for the two different titles.

Yet, the definition of Champion here are the players who has the highest number of wins in an ongoing season, exceeding 5 wins. Champion can be taken during a season.
Grand Champion here are the players who has reached the winning condition of the season FIRST, at 10 wins. Grand Champion cannot be retaken, as the season ends when a team (players) reaches the winning condition.
Leaders are the players who has won the previous set (2+ out of 3) of belt games.

Note that the condition to be the Champion is different of that to the Grand Champion.

Last edited:

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
KFD: I understand what you are saying. In retrospect, I might have offered up some different suggestions on how to run things especially given how long the season has proven to drag on and the waning interest from some folks. However, those are the ground rules we are playing with.

As I understand it, Steel and Dread are 7-2 and by virtue of having gotten to 5 match wins first, possess the belt. Cards and I are now 7-1. Since we have now equaled the number of wins as the Champions, we get to challenge for the belt in a best of five series (of which Steel and Dread get to pick three map/settings and Cards and I get to pick two map/settings). The winner of this 5-game series will be the Champion. Steel and Dread get 50 bonus pts if they successfully defend, Cards and I get 150 bonus pts if we take the belt away.

I have one question and one suggestion:
Q: Does the winner of this belt-challenge series add one to their season win total?
Suggestion: If there are no objections from any other parties, could we make this 5-game series both the winner of the Champion belt and Grand Champion? Rather than play 2-3 more series after (depending on the answer to the above).

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So, we're going to need a ruling from the judges at some point - Dread hasn't been on the site in almost 10 days.
What's the correct amount of time that we should wait for him to respond before moving on?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So, KFD, we need you to weigh in here - its been over 2 weeks since Dread has been around.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Board updated. we shall move on. one win added to your account.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
ok I'm good with moving on, but, one thing. You and EmmieKae seem to be the only team left, KFD. B1G hasn't been around for over 17 days, Dread is missing, BeanZ is missing, Blondo and Kows dropped out. So, what, we play against you until one team has gotten to 10 wins? Or, we play the games against you and then see if anyone else has come back?

Also, just out of curiosity, when are the bonus points distributed?

Last edited:

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
ok I'm good with moving on, but, one thing. You and EmmieKae seem to be the only team left, KFD. B1G hasn't been around for over 17 days, Dread is missing, BeanZ is missing, Blondo and Kows dropped out. So, what, we play against you until one team has gotten to 10 wins? Or, we play the games against you and then see if anyone else has come back?

Also, just out of curiosity, when are the bonus points distributed?

Actually, you have a point there.
I will check with EmK and see what she thinks.
I would most likely say you guys deserve the belt, hanging on to the games, not like the others.

Board updated. as the others end, we will send out the awards.

Last edited:

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Thanks KFD. Looking forward to my ribbon.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So I can't see any battles that are still going. Did I miss one, or are they all done?

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Hey, KFD. Are there any battles still going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.