• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

-=Season 2=- Heavy Weight Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Well, I need a majority of the "teams" to vote on whether to continue or not. The weights are independent of one another.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I think we should continue until each of the divisions has a grand champion, and then re-weight the teams and start another season.

steelrain

Awesome Player
Dread and I vote to end the season, but of course, we are in the lead.

In talking to Blondo, it was my impression that the season was ending.... so it seemed pointless to keep playing. However, if the majority of the teams want to continue, then we are more than happy with that too. Just let me know what the other teams decide.

Either way, we are always ready for a challenge.

Last edited:

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
being that Beanz (my partner) has been awol for a while now, I say start over or give me a new partner

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
It seems very strange to me to end any seasons prematurly but since this has allready been done in other belt games for reasons I dont understand I vote to end this one too. I would however rather want to vote to continue all the belt games until they are all completed. Having seasons end because of debate on win-loss ratio is strange to me. Maybe an option is to skip the turns of the players and teams that fall bellow the required weight class.

Well in short: End this one too and make better rules for next season.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, since Chilly and I have won 4 matches in a row and next up is the champions, I want to continue.

Blondo

Awesome Player
Dread and I vote to end the season, but of course, we are in the lead.

In talking to Blondo, it was my impression that the season was ending.... so it seemed pointless to keep playing. However, if the majority of the teams want to continue, then we are more than happy with that too. Just let me know what the other teams decide.

Either way, we are always ready for a challenge.

+1 vote to end season

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
The next team up is able to join the games that have been created, and says that "we are always ready for a challenge". Why is this discussion necessary?

steelrain

Awesome Player
Here is the tally so far:

In favor of ending the current season now and starting a new Battle for the Belt season (hopefully with some improved rule changes):

Dreadnought & Steelrain
Chefsmitty & BeanZ
Blondo & Kows

In favor of continuing the current season for however long it takes to determine a 10-win grand champion

Cardinalsrule & Chilly

chefsmitty

Awesome Player
Cosa Nostra
Fixed Force Club
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
I guess I'll vote for my team since Beanz has vanished from MC! :( I say keep going if they want a shot at winning it rather than giving it away(not that you guys have not played well enough to win it)sssss

B1G4NF

Awesome Player
I find the idea of cutting the current belt battle short to be unfair and unreasonable.

GREAT! We've improved the way the competition works, but as my mother taught me, and I'm sure all of yours taught you ...

... finish what you start and don't start what you can't finish.

LET IT PLAY TO IT'S CONCLUSION!

Last edited:

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
I find the idea of cutting the current belt battle short to be unfair and unreasonable.

GREAT! We've improved the way the competition works, but as my mother taught me, and I'm sure all of yours taught you ...

... finish what you start and don't start what you can't finish.

LET IT PLAY TO IT'S CONCLUSION!

Fair point, only problem is that the singles games have been cut prematurely and then needs to be reopened. However im confused: why a vote on doubles and no vote on singles... I dont care either way but if we continue in this one we should also continue in singles. Also for future games the rules must be made clear for all and changed in parts so we dont end up in these weird discussions and votes upon what to do.

Blondo

Awesome Player
The weights are independent of one another & the majority had voted to end singles. Atm the winning condition has been reached in:

- Light Weight Doubles: 3 wins
- Middle Weight Doubles: 5 wins
- Middle Weights Singles: 7 wins
- Heavy Weights Singles: 7 wins

Do you feel all these weights have to start again? This season has already dragged on for 5 months (since sign-ups) and the end is nowhere in sight when you want to reverse the decisions that were taken. A lot of players have dropped out and many lose interest when they have to wait too long for a new season to start. Why would you prefer to reopen the discussion in the weights that have reached the end of the season, when we could put our efforts into a new, fun & fair season that promises to attract more players?

Doubles is a different case & deserves to be treated differently. When you vote to continue doubles, I'll respect your wishes. Steel has my vote because I feel his pain. At least we all should be able to show empathy for Steels opinion and to keep the Belt attractive we should have a reasonable timeframe to end this season.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I don't know what you mean about Steel's "pain". I at this point don't care what's going on in the singles competition, I'm not in that anyway. I think its lame to cut this season short when the outcome is still in doubt. The length of the season seems irrelevant to me... Again, WHY ARE WE EVEN HAVING THIS DISCUSSION?

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Im tired ot the discussion as weel. Play on or not, I really dont care but the same should go for all belt games or scrap this seasons belt games all together if its so hard to end them properly. KFD you need to step in here and make the rules for all games not just one or two!

Doubles is a different case & deserves to be treated differently. When you vote to continue doubles, I'll respect your wishes.

Blondo I really dont get your reasoning, why treat them differently? I voted to keep the rules for all belt games, thus continuing them all until they end properly or ending them all at the same time if the first option is not possible. Also Im not the one who stopped setting up new games or joining them for fear of losing points as I am still waiting in the current games, unlike some who want to end seasons prematurly because they are currently at the top and might loose points if they play on.

In short: KFD step in and make the call, but make one call for all.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
yes, I congratulate Dreadnought for joining the games that Chilly and I have set up, even though, with my recent disasterous losing streak and plummet in rank, he'd stand to lose a boatload of points to us. Apperently others at the top of the scoreboard don't have the same ethical qualities that Dread does. Have to say, though, wondering why his partner won't join the games that are waiting .......

EmmieKae

Awesome Player
I don't really care either way... I can see the arguments for both sides, I suppose...

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
"If MajCom be the food of war, play on"

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Well, with chef, B1G, KungFu and Emmie chiming in with a "go", I believe the consensus is now to continue. You want to join those games, or what, Steelrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.