• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

-=Season 2=- Heavy Weight Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blondo

Awesome Player
You'll be amazed how much effort & thought already has been lost on this season ... even when this was limited to the perverted situation that existed in HW Singles. Yet it would be callous when I show no support for Steel. So as far as Doubles is concerned ... my vote will always respect Steels wishes.

In short about all weights: KFD already stepped in & the call he made is the same for all. His solutions were used in all other weights before HW Doubles and we probably need him to reach a decision in LW Singles too (has been dead for 2 months). The majority decides: play on or not. Do you feel that this solution is unfair? Imao, you'll need to provide very good reasons when you like that the winning condition in all the Weights = 10 wins & dispute every decision taken:

- Light Weight Doubles: 3 wins
- Middle Weight Doubles: 5 wins
- Heavy Weights Doubles: 7 wins ???
- Light Weight Singles: 5 wins ???
- Middle Weights Singles: 7 wins
- Heavy Weights Singles: 7 wins

Forcing everyone in all the different weights to reach the same winning condition as HW Doubles sounds fun, even when you decide that 7 wins is enough. Yet it's more likely that shit will meet fan and that you'll alienate more & more players while this season keeps you hostage. Even if you're a stickler for rules, you'll have to admit that KFD can choose a more reasonable solution as referee (this has already worked in every weight class). HW Doubles seems to be headed for a winning condition of 10 wins: making that weight class the only exception instead of being the rule ... I still prefer to end the season "properly" & "timely" by voting for the possibility that causes the least harm and that respects the objective meaning of the words between quotation marks better.

BTW that a season drags on should be a concern of you too. This season is already 5 months old (since sign-ups opened). Very long seasons will scare a lot of players or many will lose interest when they have to wait till the current one ends. A good tournament has a reasonable timeframe so that more of us join, everyone stays involved (instead of all who dropped out/grew tired of this season) and most like to return for a new season. That players can get tired/lack the joy needed to continue endangers the longevity of any tournament. So it matters how long a season lasts when you like the Belt to be a mainstay of MajCom.

steelrain

Awesome Player
If the weight classes were reassigned today, Cardinalsrule (2141) and Chilly's (2600) combined average score of (2371) would put them well within the middle weight doubles (2000-2575). In comparison, Dreadnoughts (5070) and my (3691) combined average score is (4380)......a difference of more than 2,000 points!

It is my understanding that the reason for the different weight classes, was so that players of similar ranking would be playing against each other. Players whose score moved into the next weight class could request to move to the higher weight class. The same should be true for players who move below thier weight class IMHO. In the future, players/teams whose score drops below the bottom threshhold of the weight class, should, in an act of sportsmanship to the other players, request to be moved down to the next lower weight class.

In the end, it is my goal is to see a fair and improved game. If it takes a little longer to hash out the needed improvements, then I think it is well worth the time spent.

Last edited:

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
steel, I have no problem moving down, but it would create chaos to do it in the middle of a season. The players should be reassigned at the beginning of each season, IMO.

Is that the reason you're refusing to join the games that are waiting for you in order to start? You don't want to play a team with lower ranks because you don't want to lose points?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
steel, I have no problem moving down, but it would create chaos to do it in the middle of a season. The players should be reassigned at the beginning of each season, IMO.
This is also my concern. If teams are move within weights, do they keep their win/lose score? but it is a different weight etc.

Is that the reason you're refusing to join the games that are waiting for you in order to start? You don't want to play a team with lower ranks because you don't want to lose points?
Well, thanks for Cards in pointing it out. I guess not everyone have read Blondo's long work of brevity - RISK AND PUNISHMENT.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
so now steel has messaged us proposing that they create dummy accounts and play us using those, to avoid losing points.

At this point, IMO, if he doesn't want to play us, their team should be dropped from the belt, we should get credit for a win against them and go on to the next team.

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
At this point, IMO, if he doesn't want to play us, their team should be dropped from the belt, we should get credit for a win against them and go on to the next team.

I have 2 thing to say ->

1 - Even though this is not my class, the rule should be simple - play or forfeit. If a team does not want to play - or can not play - then move on to the next team. That's it....

2 - Second and MORE IMPORTANTLY - about weight class - I am in Middle weight because of my score at the beginning of the tournament - But I do not think I should be there because at some point I had reached Major (3000+). And playing against a Newbie who barely made it to 2000 is not fair.

It is my opinion that a player should be in the weight class based on their HIGHEST ACHIEVED RANKING - meaning - if someone has AT ANY POINT reached Major - then they should be in Heavy Weight - even if their score dropped down due to some lazy playing (or taking on a lot of risky 24 player games). - This would balance NEW Up-and-coming Players away from Old Seasoned practised players who shouldn't be there in the first place.

IMO.

Last edited:

steelrain

Awesome Player
The people have spoken and I have accepted Card and Chilly's invititations.

Obviously, I think there are some major problems that need to be fixed before the start of next season.... but I am not one hold up the show. Best of luck Chilly and Card!

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
Im glad we are back to playing the game but sad that this is not the outcome of all belt games. I still dont see why some belt games had to be cut short while others continue on. Its very hard to say that there is a rule when the rule is seemingly being enforced in a biased or arbitrary way. I think the ribbon should be given to respective winner according to the inital rules or at the end of the season, a season that ends at the same time for all types and classes. Maybe im alone in thinking that this would be both fair and simple for all but I think most would agree. Especially those who still wanted to challenge the current champion in the prematurly ended belt games.

steelrain

Awesome Player
Im glad we are back to playing the game but sad that this is not the outcome of all belt games. I still dont see why some belt games had to be cut short while others continue on. Its very hard to say that there is a rule when the rule is seemingly being enforced in a biased or arbitrary way. I think the ribbon should be given to respective winner according to the inital rules or at the end of the season, a season that ends at the same time for all types and classes. Maybe im alone in thinking that this would be both fair and simple for all but I think most would agree. Especially those who still wanted to challenge the current champion in the prematurly ended belt games.

I could not agree more.

It seems that the rules change between each weight class based on whoever screams the loudest. In the Heavy Weight Singles, I faced a very similar situation to that of Chilly and Cardinalsrule. I had 4 wins to Blondo’s 7 wins. However, I was told season 2 was ending early in order to roll out season 3 and incorporate new players. I agreed in the interest of the larger picture. It was only after had politely declined Chilly and Cardinalsrule’s challenge, I learned that Heavy Weight Doubles had its own unique standard and set of rules –different than everyone else.

I only brought up the desparity in the scores as a secondary issue. I was mostly thinking of Dreadnought who is at risk to lose the most, but to his credit he as been a great sport about it.

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Let me just put in a few coins of my own.

The different weights all stopped for their own reason (apart from the Heavy ones).
LWD stopped because the contenders would not accept the challenges of the Champions.
MWD had a vote to stop, as the leader/champion has beaten all active contenders two times.
LWS is officially still running, but it is dead on the inside
MWS has reached its score needed to win (bado and I had the discussion pre-season, that because of the number of people playing there is bigger, the number of wins required is smaller)

The HWs are the ones stopping the show because of players in fear of losing all their points.
I am planning to call a play on to both the singles and the doubles, with all current rules apply. ANY CHANGES WILL BE MADE PRE-SEASON 3.

ajdedo

I Shot the Sheriff
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Generals
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
Yeah. Where's my Belt by the way?

Dreadnought

Awesome Player
I am planning to call a play on to both the singles and the doubles, with all current rules apply. ANY CHANGES WILL BE MADE PRE-SEASON 3.

Great news! even if my chances of holding on to the singles heavy weight grand champion are slim 2 nothing.

steelrain

Awesome Player
GGs to Chilly and Card. They won the two games they needed to advance a week ago...

l'm not sure why they haven't sent new invites out to the next team on the list.

Chilly

Administrator
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
M.C. Play Testers
Definitely GG to Steel and Dread. The third game has had at least two major shifts in power and Cards and I look to be on the eventual short end of the stick.

We haven't started the next round because we wanted to finish our battle with you guys. However, we will get those next ones started pronto.

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
OK, we're moving on here, GG to steel and dread, invites going out to EmmieKae and KFD. When you get to it, KungFu, we're now 5-1 :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
I see that Emmie hasn't been on the site in 16 days... How long should we wait before moving on?

KungFuDuet

Kung Fu Master
CentCom
Awesome Player
AADOMM
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
I see that Emmie hasn't been on the site in 16 days... How long should we wait before moving on?

She had just moved house in the past few days. She will get internet access tomorrow evening (USA).

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
Great! glad to hear it. We'll wait :)

Cardinalsrule

Administrator
Staff member
CentCom
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
AADOMM
Assassins Guild
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
The Borg
The Embassy
T.O's.
Kickstarter
So, after 3 hard-fought games, Chilly and Cards prevailed again. Invites being sent to B1G and BudH

Status
Not open for further replies.