• Points are back! Read about it HERE

current issues

1 - NEW PLAYERS - Players who created an account on or after Oct 15 2023 are not able to log into the forum
    2 - AWOL - We do not have an AWOL button under the ACTIVE tab yet. Please check each game to see if you are AWOL.
    3 - STUCK GAMES - Some games will not load properly. If you encounter this, please post stuck games HERE

Thanks.

• Welcome to Major Command's RISK Game forum.

If you are a registered player, please log in:

If you are new to Major Command and would like to
    play our RISK game online. Then please sign up here:

Roadmap - New Server

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter

Tankiteasy

Banned
Awesome Player
How come when I join a new game the mini map no longer appears? I feel that map is visually stunning and enjoyable to play and gives off a reminder to all players to hop on that bandwagon and come aboard. :) I also appreciate the game system realizes and correctly notes that I am an Awesome Player. (See to the left of the reply in yellow)

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
no worries Peri, but it is strange that I didn't get an email of the same thread last week (when testing appeared to start) and got an email today and when I opened the link it directed me to the page 6 where the server was mentioned.
So it started confusing and went into 'annoying'.

But all good, hopefully other improvements and re-applying previous functionality will come soon.

Yes, this seem to be a feature of the forum software. You receive an email notification for a message posted immediately after your own post, but you do not receive any more notifications for subsequent postings in the same thread.

Essentially it goes like this:

Post 1 - Leor888 posts.
Post 2 - Sheriff posts: Leor888 receives a notification
Post 3 - Peri posts: Leor888 does not get a notification
Post 4 - Sheriff posts: Leor888 does not get a notification
Post 5 - Leor888 posts.
Post 6 - Peri posts: Leor888 receives a notification
Post 7 - Sheriff posts: Leor888 does not get a notification
Post 8 - Sheriff posts: Leor888 does not get a notification

This is a feature of the forum software we use. It is called xenforo. There might be a setting somewhere to change this so you get an email for every post, but I don't know. If anyone wants to do some research then that would be great. I'll look into it myself when I get a chance, but there are a lot of setting to go through.

Anyway, the exception is:
- "replies" - if someone reply and quotes your post, you get notification regardless which order it was posted
- mentions "@" - if someone tags you @Leor888 then you also get a notification.

@periwinkle :)

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
This is a feature of the forum software we use. It is called xenforo. There might be a setting somewhere to change this so you get an email for every post, but I don't know. If anyone wants to do some research then that would be great. I'll look into it myself when I get a chance, but there are a lot of setting to go through.

Anyway, the exception is:
- "replies" - if someone reply and quotes your post, you get notification regardless which order it was posted
- mentions "@" - if someone tags you @Leor888 then you also get a notification.

@periwinkle :)

@Leor888

you can "watch" a thread and get email notifications. pick a thread that you don't want to miss including other player's posts....scroll up to the top of the thread and you will see a "watch" button on the right-hand side. click on that and you will get the option to get email notifications only for that thread.

periwinkle

Staff member
Awesome Player
Whiner & CryBaby
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
Generals
Knights of MC Realm
The Borg
The Canadian Club
The Embassy
The Wiki Bar
T.O's.
M.C. Youtubers
Kickstarter
not sure, but seems my friend list disappeared? and for me, at least, scoreboard page not there. but really loving not having to refresh the games and chats!
Yup my friend list and scoreboard is gone as well. And yes I also get a blank page after sending a message on the old system.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Still can't send a message...Tried 2 other browsers. Why can others send?
I really could use this fixed.

SgtPatton

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
The Canadian Club
Kickstarter
not sure, but seems my friend list disappeared? and for me, at least, scoreboard page not there. but really loving not having to refresh the games and chats!
Amen! Me too, I << really loving not having to refresh the games and chats! >>

Daniel7

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Yes that is very nice to have again. I verified as well, there is no scoreboard, friends list is gone but I still have a players honored list and the medals won display is gone too.

Leor888

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Enemies of Diplomacy
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
@Leor888

you can "watch" a thread and get email notifications. pick a thread that you don't want to miss including other player's posts....scroll up to the top of the thread and you will see a "watch" button on the right-hand side. click on that and you will get the option to get email notifications only for that thread.
But I was already watching this thread as I want to know much if not all about the proceedings at MC. So I guess the process in Sheriffs explanation does overrule the watch status.

Stormcat

Awesome Player
Yup my friend list and scoreboard is gone as well. And yes I also get a blank page after sending a message on the old system.
ok, not just me. not sure if this will help but this is the error message i get when i click on scoreboard:

Not Found​

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at www.majorcommand.com Port 80

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
ok, not just me. not sure if this will help but this is the error message i get when i click on scoreboard:

Not Found​

The requested URL was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu) Server at www.majorcommand.com Port 80
It is working for me maybe they fixed it.

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
Still can't send a message...Tried 2 other browsers. Why can others send?
I really could use this fixed.
Yes that is very nice to have again. I verified as well, there is no scoreboard, friends list is gone but I still have a players honored list and the medals won display is gone too.

Okay. Thanks for pointing out these issues. @Stormcat @bilsi @Daniel7

• Profile Page
    • Yes, it seems that the friends list and medals are not showing. Good catch. I will get them to look at this next week. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it should not be too hard to fix, I hope! Thanks.

• Inbox
    • This one is a bit tricky. I had an issue with my inbox too a few months ago. Marcos seems to think that it was because there were too many messages trying to load at the same time. He fixed my inbox by removing all the "sent" messages, and it works now. But this is just a temporary fix.
      • I can either remove all your sent messages, and see if that helps
      • or you can wait until we figure out a better solution
      • or you can use the private conversation feature in the forum
    • This is also tricky because:
      • it affects all players once their messages get to a certain amount (we think)
      • and the inbox is on an old php page which needs to be recoded to Angular, so any changes or fixes to this php page would not be the best use of time and money, since the whole page is going to be rewritten at some point anyway.
    • either way, let me know. thanks.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
Okay. Thanks for pointing out these issues. @Stormcat @bilsi @Daniel7

• Profile Page
    • Yes, it seems that the friends list and medals are not showing. Good catch. I will get them to look at this next week. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it should not be too hard to fix, I hope! Thanks.

• Inbox
    • This one is a bit tricky. I had an issue with my inbox too a few months ago. Marcos seems to think that it was because there were too many messages trying to load at the same time. He fixed my inbox by removing all the "sent" messages, and it works now. But this is just a temporary fix.
      • I can either remove all your sent messages, and see if that helps
      • or you can wait until we figure out a better solution
      • or you can use the private conversation feature in the forum
    • This is also tricky because:
      • it affects all players once their messages get to a certain amount (we think)
      • and the inbox is on an old php page which needs to be recoded to Angular, so any changes or fixes to this php page would not be the best use of time and money, since the whole page is going to be rewritten at some point anyway.
    • either way, let me know. thanks.
You can clear my sent messages...maybe that's why for me, sent a ton past two months...Thanks sheriff.

bilsi

Awesome Player
Fixed Force Club
Los Bambinos
M.C. Play Testers
Old Soldiers Club
The Borg
The Canadian Club
You can clear my sent messages...maybe that's why for me, sent a ton past two months...Thanks sheriff.
I just cleared my sent, didn't help.

engineerairborne

Awesome Player
Enemies of Diplomacy
Knights of MC Realm
Los Bambinos
M.C. Clan Council
M.C. Play Testers
Kickstarter
Just wanted to let you know that I am on vacation this week, and I was able to play 3 of my games on my phone using chrome with no issues. This is great!!!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers
In the same note, I will be very busy for the next two weeks, so I won't be able to spend as much time on MC as I would like to. I will check in and do what I can, but I can't guarantee my full attention. Thanks and have fun!

NewSheriffInTown

Make My Day...
CentCom
Awesome Player
M.C. Play Testers
The Wiki Bar
M.C. Youtubers

Medal Clans, and Friends List are all showing now on the Profile Page. Thanks.